Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dr. Lava needs to shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blord

Let us reverse engineer the Flexdrive as revenge. :)
With all the smart minds on LPF that shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
The days of the flexdrive are numbered, of that there is no question. I just hope they are over sooner, rather then later.

Blord

If there is a cheaper alternative of the Flexdrive, the sales will eventually diminished.

ARG

There needs to be an alternative to the P3 as well, there really is nothing comparable to it. The flexdrive can easily be replaced with the bltzbuck/benboost.

^Agreed, however there are alternatives to the flexmod as well, namely the die-for-drive driver (present availability is unknown on that however) and most Chinese manufacturers sell drivers separately from their complete systems. I recently received a quote of $50 for a nice analog driver (that includes TEC circuitry) for red and IR diodes from Lasever. I think they also sell drivers that will run blue diodes.

I would definitely like to see a simple, analog driver like the P3 developed by our community though.. that would be awesome!

Last edited:
What do these drivers need to have? Can we lay out a list of features? I guess looking at the PDFs would do, but some features might not be needed and others might need improving.

It seems like there are a lot of sales to scanner guys because it does TTL modulation?

We don't care as much about that, but that could be important to make sales profitable for someone.

Last edited:
Actually the Flexmod is extra cool because it does analog modulation, which allows for many more color possibilities than TTL. And there are a LOT of sales to scanner guys yes.. plenty enough that, were there a suitable alternative that doesn't require dealing with drlava, it would be profitable for the manufacturer.

Thanks people,

Take about coincidence, I was just bout to order a P3 from Dr Lava, through one of the 2 sites mentioned in this thread!

The very nice chap I am buying my 12mm 445nm module from (DTR) suggested I contact a Jeff Kamla. He replied in a day or so saying:-

"If you would like to try one please PP a total of $42.00 to cover shipping and PP fees to:* laserggw@gmail.com and be sure your shipping address is correct, Thanks :) Jeff..."

So I had best buy from him.

Does anyone think this unwise? I have generally avoided buying direct from websites. It's not intentional, it's just that I have up to now found everything I need to buy from eBay.

I could let the forum know how my purchase goes if anyone is interested?

Thanks,

Simon Bond.

Simon,

Jeff is FlaminPyro here and is a very safe and solid seller. If I were ordering any of Dr. Lavas products I would order from him.

http://laserpointerforums.com/members/flaminpyro/

You might want to send him a PM here on the forum to verify everything.

And DTR is rock solid as well and anything he tells you is gold. You are in good hands. You can easily check out their contributions here on the forum as well to verify for yourself.

:beer:

Last edited:

AnthoT

Let us reverse engineer the Flexdrive as revenge. :)
With all the smart minds on LPF that shouldn't be a problem.

:eg: I've gotta pick one up somewhere & see what I can do

Simon,

Jeff is FlamingPyro here and is a very safe and solid seller. If I were ordering any of Dr. Lavas products I would order from him.
Very true,
Jeff ships your items also :O and he has the same prices as dr.lava so I see no reason why anyone would order from dr.lava when you can get it way faster from
Jeff.

Last edited:
Thank you Tom :D

Yes I do have a way with people sometimes and we are good friends so he dose respond to me, most of the time :crackup:
so if you are looking for any of his products please give me a PM and I will be happy to help you if I can, if I don't carry it I will try and get it for you.

I do carry all of his drivers the V5, P3, Micro-Boost and Groove2, right now I have all but the V5 in stock.

As a matter of fact he is going to shut down his sales and I will be taking over a large part of it when he dose.

Last edited:
You've got the basics of the circuitry in your inbox somewhere although the analog modulation will be the tricky part as it will require some heavy overhualing to the circuit
lpfTE=AnthoT;1083717]:eg: I've gotta pick one up somewhere & see what I can do

Very true,
Jeff ships your items also :O and he has the same prices as dr.lava so I see no reason why anyone would order from dr.lava when you can get it way faster from
Jeff.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.