Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Donating to LPF

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
If you are on Android then I suggest you try out ArcticDude's suggestion before mine. :)

Edit: I see you've figured it out. :p Thank you. :beer:

Last edited:

Guess who....
Going to check in with my peoples today and remembered to donate this month. Don't think I've forgotten too many months even though I haven't been here. Can't remember how to check:(
Thanks to those who continue to give. Looks like the same ones that always have.
Isn't there a way to rep from a tablet or phone? Can't remember how.

Pete

Pete, I was wondering where you went, good to see you post. Yep, still helping support the forum too.

Pman

Man, there's something seriously wrong with the "view donations" page. I know I've given almost every month since I joined regardless of actually posting. If I ever missed it was because I forgot. Anyone who knows me would believe I'm telling the truth.
Thanks for the well wishes everyone:)

what does that Vlpf symbol mean next to some peoples avatar? Its obvious what the 500k is. Is it a million marker or some kind of super vet thing?

Last edited:
I have been donating monthly for over two years and mine don't show up there either, at least, last time I looked which has been awhile.

e; oh, that ribbon just means you have been a member for a year or more with a positive rep and have been allowed into the veterans section of the forum. There are a lot of members who meet that requirement who haven't asked C0ldshadow for access.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, that is a veteran badge. I made them so you tell who is a vet on the forum.
You actually have your own, but I've got to remake it as you're over 100K now. :p
There is no super vet action going on however. :)

I haven’t seen you post in a long time, welcome back. How’s your hell burner project? My donation sent today too.

I am more of a reader. Thus I am not posting a lot, sorry. Still don't have a proper level of confidence for using English for discussions.
Hell burner ... Well, the story is sad. Mainly because I have started some research on ways to cover 470nm-510nm range 1-2 years ago, but today we have these new diodes.
This is great, yeah, having new diodes incoming with an affordable price is excellent, but still. The direction I was facing is pumped solid state laser systems.
Yes, there is a kind of "easy" way to build your own 532nm module if someone do want to play with this stuff, but that is not that interesting.
Though, the half of my interest is gone now since people do have these diodes these days. Yet, I am trying to get it to an end and assemble everything into a working thing.
I am not hoping to get a tens milliwatt system, but rather get something that would be working properly.
And that is it :undecided:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I am more of a reader. Thus I am not posting a lot, sorry. Still don't have a proper level of confidence for using English for discussions.
Hell burner ... Well, the story is sad. Mainly because I have started some research on ways to cover 470nm-510nm range 1-2 years ago, but today we have these new diodes.
This is great, yeah, having new diodes incoming with an affordable price is excellent, but still. The direction I was facing is pumped solid state laser systems.
Yes, there is a kind of "easy" way to build your own 532nm module if someone do want to play with this stuff, but that is not that interesting.
Though, the half of my interest is gone now since people do have these diodes these days. Yet, I am trying to get it to an end and assemble everything into a working thing.
I am not hoping to get a tens milliwatt system, but rather get something that would be working properly.
And that is it :undecided:
DPSS at those wavelengths would still fascinate me. So don't give up your work. :beer:

DPSS at those wavelengths would still fascinate me. So don't give up your work. :beer:

I would agree with you, Curtis, if only because of the narrow linewidth of DPSS lasers. But, these new diodes can be diffraction tuned to even narrower linewidth, so I think for my purposes, the direct diodes win out. :shhh:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I'm still a fan of DPSS lab units so wouldn't mind seeing these wl's available. But for most cases diodes are preferable I agree and am the same myself.

I like the beam characteristics which can be had with DPSS at higher powers, you don't get such a thin beam with a fairly decent divergence with diodes.

That is true, Chris, of the high power (>2 watts) DPSS lasers, but then you run into the problem of portability. It is difficult to aim one of these at a cloud when they weigh 2 Kg and need to be plugged into an outlet.