Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does your "___" mess with the thermostat?

Hey guys.

This is more directed at girlfriends or wives but other input is good too.

Anyway, I was wondering because this literally drives me batty!!

Does your "____" turn the heat or AC off on you while you are sleeping or uncomfortable?

For example. Does your wife turn the heat ALL the way up in the winter because she is cold. Meanwhile you sit in a pool of sweat? Or vice versa?

Right now I'm headed to bed and its 80°F and my mother claims its too cold and shuts the AC off? It drives me nuts!

Let me know if you guys have similar problems and if it drives you crazy too!

gillza

My significant other always complains that I set the AC to low, she likes it 82-83 I like it maximum 78. The perfect temp is 75. But yes, it also drives me mad....

Yes. I think this is an age old problem. Women are just cold blooded.

I am so tired of trying to convince my wife that it is much easier for her to warm up than it is for me to get cool. I even bought her two small electric blankets, one for the couch to watch TV and one for her side of the bed... She still turns off the AC at night.

Right now I'm headed to bed and its 80°F and my mother claims its too cold and shuts the AC off? It drives me nuts!

I had my own AC in addition to the house AC ! :na:

I was unusually hot as a child / teen. My Mom felt bad and gave me my own AC. :thanks: mom <3 <3

In slightly warm temperatures my ears would glow bright red. I loved fall & winter! School thought I was being neglected since snow would be falling, yet I came & went with no hat, no gloves, no coat. Oh yea & always wore short sleeves!
When the school demanded to know why, my Mom told them to check my bag... Yep, warm winter coat, hat, gloves all rammed into my bag! I walked out the door each morning snug as a bug but as soon as I thought she wouldn't be still watching, off with it. Always came home with my coat on as well. As if I could fool her. :san:
In fact she always had a brand new spare coat for me in case I forgot mine somewhere. I did need a coat on some days. Several extra hats & gloves too. Neglected.. yea, sure. Try my classmate on the next block. Go call that woman.. again.

Glad I'm no longer that hot.

Anyone like it coldish for sleep?

Last edited:
I like it maximum 78. The perfect temp is 75.

You are crazy! we leave our doors and windows open at night and get it around 60-64 by morning. we have the AC set to 74 but it rarely kicks in. I guess I would be what you call a true Canadian when it get to 25 C / 77 F I am looking for a cool place.

Jamaica almost killed me this spring, it was 26 every day and I didn't stop sweating from the minute they opened the doors to the plane to the minute they closed them. I would go on my adventure in the rain, the rest of the time I sat in the pool and drank stuff with lots of ice.

13-18'celcius in my room, or 40'c when my computer is on.

Last edited:

AnthoT

It's been hot this summer and my house has been hot aswell... :/ I sleep but it's not comfortable :p I love the winter much better :)

Haha what kind of computer is that? You might as well use it as a heater :p

Is your computer argon-based?

And the same here, I like it frigid. I have 3 fans and an AC in my room all on when I sleep. My room is in the basement at least, cool all the time while the upstairs is an oven... every morning at around 6 my mom comes in and shuts my air off... It's not her going in my room that wakes me up, it's the heat that does.

As for the girls that I have over, I have about 5 extra blankets laying around they can use. They don't touch the thermostat nor my AC :p at least they don't know how to turn on my argon as well

MY mom always complains about it being to cold when she visits. I have the AC set to 72F. The heat might be set to 64F during the winter. It rarely comes on but it usually stays below 70F. I hate it set to come on in the morning just long enough for me to wake up and get ready for work. That way I don't freeze when I get out of the shower. The ceiling fan in my bedroom is almost always on at night. I can't stand it when there is now air movement. I feel like I could suffocate it there isn't any air movement.

My fiance loves to cling to me in the winter for warmth but in the summer she keeps a 12" clearance because I radiate heat.

Last edited:
Trying to avoid a rant here.

I'm hot as hell and my wife is mildly retarded (or so I often tell her)

She's convinced that raising the temperature in the house will lower the electric bill.
I've tried to explain to her that this house is old and shitty, and will not stay insulated. thus the AC is going to run a lot regardless. When the outside temperature is >100 degrees, the difference in energy consumption with 72 degree and 77 degree settings is not going to be significant...

Unfortunately, she is a woman and loves to be wrong, and makes wildly unintelligent decisions.

oh, and in the winter she freezes my ass off.

I'd kick her in the vagina, but i'm burning up in here and i fear physical exertion could send me into heat stroke.

Last edited:
Trying to avoid a rant here.

I'm hot as hell and my wife is mildly retarded (or so I often tell her)

She's convinced that raising the temperature in the house will lower the electric bill.
I've tried to explain to her that this house is old and shitty, and will not stay insulated. thus the AC is going to run a lot regardless. When the outside temperature is >100 degrees, the difference in energy consumption with 72 degree and 77 degree settings is not going to be significant...

Unfortunately, she is a woman and loves to be wrong, and makes wildly unintelligent decisions.

oh, and in the winter she freezes my ass off.

I'd kick her in the vagina, but i'm burning up in here and i fear physical exertion could send me into heat stroke.

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

My wife loves to turn the AC off on me. I hate the heat and when it's hot out I like the house at 21C and as soon as I turn my back on the thermostat she turns the AC off.

Oh and in the winter when it's -35C outside she cranks the heat up.

I never win....

I'm almost always hot, and have always had issues with thermostat control :eek:

At night, I like the room to be cold, preferably ~65-68 degrees. During the day, 72 is the ideal temperature.

In addition to temperature though, I think what many people like, (me especially) is just the sensation of some movement of air, otherwise, even if it's 65, it can still feel stuffy to me. Not sure if that makes sense or I'm just a little :tinfoil:

Wow, some of you are used to very cool indoor temperatures.
The standard industry room temperature setting is 19.6c. Most offices run about 2.5c higher to save on electricity. ~22c.
Here in Korea room temperature is set always at 24c for indoors in the summer. Energy contraints are higher.
Right now it's 28.6c with 67% humidity. That makes it feel like about 32/33c.