Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do you carry your laser as self defense at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daguin

Re: Do you carry your laser as self defense at nig

TheMonk said:
[quote author=Hemlock Mike link=1224005167/20#32 date=1229485805]Using a laser for protection is a Super hollywood scam.  Never do that.
Never take a knife or laser to a gunfight.  I simply carry my trusted Walther PPKs at all times.   --- Weeeelll - sometimes a 45 Colt Peacemaker :D

Mike

Mike, a 45 isn't use to make Peace. ;D

It is usually VERY peaceful after the muzzle report dies off ;)

Peace,
dave

I meant that the Colt 45 makes pieces ;D

Mike

i would not carry a laser as defense.

i would, since no guns are allowed here. i'd just flash them across the eyes and attack back or run as fast as i can. trust me, it'd be as useful as having a gun. when they can't see, they'll be dis-orientated, which is as good as being shot by your gun.

I wouldn't trust any of my lasers in a self defense situation; too many variables... Since carrying concealed is illegal up here, I usually pack my monadock 26 inch expandable baton. Just the sight and sound of the baton snapping open is enough to send most muggers running... I also keep a Kabar in the car just in case ;)

It is truely sad the number of honest people in so many countries who are not allowed a basic firearm for personal defence. For this moment, we in America still have that right under our Constitution and Bill of Rights, the ability to protect our lives, rights and property.
Look at all the other people of the world who are denied those basic rights..... Sad............

Mike

Hemlock Mike said:
It is truely sad the number of honest people in so many countries who are not allowed a basic firearm for personal defence.   For this moment, we in America still have that right under our Constitution and Bill of Rights, the ability to protect our lives, rights and property.
Look at all the other people of the world who are denied those basic rights..... Sad............

Mike
yup sad. not even brass knuckles are allowed here. so what do we expect? :-/

using the laser as a self-defense is SUPERB :) very geek. you can blind a BAD person at distance....but... to use a laser as self defense weapon it should be an aaa powered laser. a bigger laser is impossible to have everywhere....

Do the laser grips on my Colt .45 count? ;D
I leave it at home though. I take this with me when I jog at night...

oops. Here it is..

Attachments

• IMG_2793_Small_001.JPG
    IMG_2793_Small_001.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,125

ColdStl good laser!!!!

I have carried my "5mW" greenie with me in the past...but rarely my violet. When I get a more powerful greenie, though, people will FREAK OUT! A lot of people around here ACT a lot tougher than they really are.

-Mark

Thought about putting one on a hand gun, but i am not sure the law will be in my favor if the cops ever get there slimy hands on it.

Tyris

i carry at least one on me at all times ;D I live in a bad neighborhood so I can use it to deter people if they arn't afraid of a man carrying a katana or a short sword on him (no guns for me for I am a law abiding citizen...most of the time, only criminals get the guns :-/)

Old post, I know -- but I felt this needed to be corrected. Michigan is a shall-issue state. There is nothing illegal about it. In 2008 there were 155,000 people in michigan with concealed handgun licences. Roughly 1 in 65. Not as good as say, South Dakota (1 in 8 people :D ), but to refer to it as "only criminals get the guns" is flat out wrong.

-T

Ash

Tyris,
maxkillz is in the UK, where it is illegal to carry a handgun. So, his statement "only criminals get the guns" is 100% correct in his country. :tsk:

Tyris

Tyris,
maxkillz is in the UK, where it is illegal to carry a handgun. So, his statement "only criminals get the guns" is 100% correct in his country. :tsk:

His location states Detroit Michigan :D :D, where concealed carry is fine and dandy -- and almost required in some cracked out neighborhoods.

-T

Status
Not open for further replies.