Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do people really read sigs?

Glad you like it :D feel free to post any suggestions or comments on my sig :beer:

I read sigs all the time and find a ton of links within them that I wouldn't stumble on normally.
I still can't figure out how to make on. I see the signature option but haven't located how to change font size color etc. I also want to know how people add all them kickass smiley's I have no idea how you guys do these things.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
For the smiley's, click on "Go Advanced", it's next to "Post Quick Reply", when you do this, the smiley's should show up on the right side of the reply box. Alternately, you can then click on the smiley face at the top of the box. :)

Last edited:

IsaacT

If anyone has advice for me on my signature I'll take it! I spend just as much time with my signature as I do with Character Creation on Skyrim....more time than you will get me to admit lol.

For the smiley's, click on "Go Advanced", it's next to "Post Quick Reply", when you do this, the smiley's should show up on the right side of the reply box. Alternately, you can then click on the smiley face at the top of the box. :)

Thanks BowtieGuy. I see the basic smile frown and sad face but was referring to the ones that have the mouth dropped open drooling or a smiley opening a door and hiding and have never figured it out.
Also want to know how to change font "color and size" and cannot find that option but everyone on here does it. Basic little things on forums I have no idea how people do them!

phone screenshot

Screenshot_2014-07-21-19-29-53.png

on the PC

lpf.jpg

lpf1.jpg

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Carl, you are definitely are missing all the info. needed to add smiley's, change font size, colors, add links and pics, basically everything. It's almost like you're not signed in.

On the very bottom of the page, left side, there should be a box that says posting rules; on mine, everything is turned ON except the HTML code, maybe something isn't turned on for you.
As I mentioned in our conversation, it might not hurt to try and contact Avery, he may be able to lead you in the right direction. Hopefully a simple fix, I just don't know enough about it.

Good luck getting this resolved!:beer: Then you can put your new D/L 589 in your sig.!

Edit: I just noticed that you are also missing a couple of options in the "miscellaneous Options" box. You show two options in yours, where in mine, I have four options. I think yours is missing the "show your sig." option, and also the"Disable smilies in text" option.

Last edited:
In my opinion simple is best, lasers you're proud of or a small interesting picture.
However I do read a lot of them short or long.

I like The Lightning Stalker's quote from Job 38.

Things

Do you use an ad blocker? That can inadvertently block stuff sometimes.

I'll never be able to do what others can do it's just the nature of the internet and forums.

Not sure you noticed but the second picture I posted is my home computer and you can see this forum has me last signed in 10-18-2010. Major glitch and I'm the only one experiencing it.
However I do like most of the sigs and wish I could add one.

I'll never be able to do what others can do it's just the nature of the internet and forums.

Not sure you noticed but the second picture I posted is my home computer and you can see this forum has me last signed in 10-18-2010. Major glitch and I'm the only one experiencing it.
However I do like most of the sigs and wish I could add one.

Go to your user control panel by clicking "User CP" at the top left. Then on the left there is a list of things, find and click on "Edit Options", scroll down to the bottom where it says "Miscellaneous Options", then under "Message Editor Interface" there is a pop down box with 3 options, change it from "Basic Editor-A simple text box" to "Standard Editor-Extra formatting controls" then down below that click "Save Changes"

After doing that, again in your control panel on the left find and click "Edit Signature" the rest should be easy to figure out.

Alan

I used to own a nice rainbow but that's no more... but I don't want only one green laser in my sig either :p sig help needed

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Good thinking Pi, :beer: I didn' t even think of those settings; I haven't looked at those options since I became a member.
Hopefully, that will fix him up!

Go to your user control panel by clicking "User CP" at the top left. Then on the left there is a list of things, find and click on "Edit Options", scroll down to the bottom where it says "Miscellaneous Options", then under "Message Editor Interface" there is a pop down box with 3 options, change it from "Basic Editor-A simple text box" to "Standard Editor-Extra formatting controls" then down below that click "Save Changes"

After doing that, again in your control panel on the left find and click "Edit Signature" the rest should be easy to figure out.

Alan
Pi R Squared you are a rock star my friend :bowdown: + rep for you

Thanks BowtieGuy for helping + rep for you as well

working on sig soon

Last edited:
On the PC, I see you have chrome installed. Try it in that or Firefox. It's not enough to have one browser
for everything anymore. On Linux, chrome works for most things, but screws up sometimes and I have to
switch over to Iceweasel (Firefox). For example, eBay mostly works, but if I want to list items it has to be
done with Iceweasel.

Last edited:
I've been debating doing other things with my signature. Such as doing a horizontal list like Hwang. However, for the non solid state wavelengths, I'd want people to know where they came from.

Like the ArKr, HeCd, and HeNe wavelengths. In case someone wants to know more about them, they can ask me, or google them.

Last edited: