Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do not buy from o-like

That would probably be due to a lack of adherence to a duty cycle. Sometimes these lasers have bad heat sinking, or were not meant to be kept on for a long period of time. However, if you were using your laser in a reasonable fashion, with an acceptable duty cycle and everything, it is probably diode degradation. This is common for a laser being over-driven, or a laser with a low quality diode. If the diode was low quality, you likely would have seen aberrations in the dot/beam.

If you wanted to fix it, it would probably be as simple as switching out the diode. You could dismantle your laser, test the output current of the driver, and find a diode on the internet which runs smoothly at this current, is 808nm and has a 9mm can.

On the note of O-like, it's been over a year since I ordered anything from them, but they always seemed cooperative and the lasers/components I received were well-packaged and pretty high quality for the price. O-like used to be the name-brand for cheap and reliable 50mw green modules. I've bought many things from their website, and had no issues.
However, this was a long time ago. Clearly things have changed.. Truly unfortunate. They had a lot going for them, and I imagine bad publicity on LPF will greatly reduce their customer base. Perhaps they will steer from their nefarious business practices, upon realizing this. One can hope.
Either way, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with O-like.
AAlasers

Last edited:

O-like is pretty stupid to damage their reputation with people on this forum. Their products are not unique in the least, nor their prices, and I would expect that most of their sales come from word of mouth.

Plus, their company name is easily changed into something negative: NO-like.

The duty cycle o-like states is beyond conservative...

she said 30sec. On and 1 min off.

Bottom line is o-like is unwilling to implement any kind of transparent testing of their lasers, and now the quality of packaging has gone down. They are now too much of a gamble, and on occasion have also proven to be dishonest.

Until they fix these issues, I think I'll adopt the No-Like name for them.

Last edited:
The duty cycle o-like states is beyond conservative...

Bottom line is o-like is unwilling to implement any kind of transparent testing of their lasers, and now the quality of packaging has gone down. They are now too much of a gamble, and on occasion have also proven to be dishonest.

Until they fix these issues, I think I'll adopt the No-Like name for them.

That is a more suitable name in my opinion !
+1 for the new adopted name I.E.

Tacoherder may have to change the title of this thread! Lol

MoRTaL

This isnt sounding good, youre making me wish i should have bought from jet lasers.

Because I recently ordered a 1w laser from olike and a pair of safety goggles.
they better not come in a cheaply wrapped white package, or ill be pissed!
:lasergun:

-445nm >900mw - Olike tactical [FLASHLIGHT]
-532nm >10mw - Dealextreme [PEN] (broken) My a**hole friend tore the driver off the module
-532nm >20w - Laserglow [DPSS] can ignite a 2x4
-589nm >500mw - Laserglow [DPSS] The dot looks exactly like the sun
-650nm <100mw - Screambuy [LARGE PEN]

Last edited:
good luck. I hope for your sake they noticed this forum and changed their delivery patterns back to how it was when stuff arrived in one peice.

Last edited:
good luck. I hope for your sake they noticed this forum and changed their delivery patterns back to how it was when stuff arrived in one peice.

I took your advice and emailed them a few choice links to the fourm . Hopfuly someone there will look at them and realize they need to make some changes.

They won't be hearing from me again.

That white crap they love to pile on is called "Fujit". I think in Cantonese that means cream cheese.....Kidding, its Fujit and its
a thermal adhesive , problem is they slap on Fujit likes it free. It then acts a thermal insulator when its layered on and keeps your laser nice and warm..

Cel

Well, I've bought a gatlin (100mw, green) about a year ago from (N)O-like.
It was well packaged, with a lot of bubble wrap. It is still working well, but sometimes you can see it mode hoping, but not a big deal...
I've calculated the divergence and it is around 1.4mRad when best focused.
If you rotate the focusing ring, you can see the dot (at 30m) to change from circle to oval/egg to square...

12 days ago, I've ordered another one, 50mW kaleidoscopic for my friend.
I've received it today, in bubble wrapped white envelope. The laser itself was in a black box, with the 5 "add-ons".
It is working great, and although I haven't calculated divergence, it is more precise than the gatlin...

Last edited:
I'm currently buying from O-like, about $250 - $300 worth of gear (a 300mw 405nm, and a 100mw 532nm with beam expander, plus goggles, batteries, cases, cleaner, etc).

I read a lot of "mixed opinions" on the quality of both service and product from O-like, but most people recommended Susie highly. I chased her down, contacted them via email, got her Skype address, spoke with her directly (chat) about the lasers, the payment, the postage, the quality, etc. It was difficult (language barrier) - but with the right time and effort, I managed to even get her to LPM the lasers for me before shipping!

So far, everything is going very well for me, but I guess I shouldn't jump with joy until they arrive. When they do arrive I'll be doing a review.

PS - both lasers were overspec, you can see the LPM tests HERE. The thread covers some first-time-buyer questions about PayPal - but if you scroll to the bottom you'll find pictures of the Lasers being LPM'd.

I have an O-like "Sharp high power" 200MW green.
This consistently measured 175-180. When used I ran it for 30 sec to 1 minute.
Was one of my favorites.
Total run time on it is not much more than about an hour.
Went to use it and it was very dim. Then brightened a bit. Measures 25-30 max.
Goes dim. This is not a battery issue or bad connection. (tried several batteries).
I am not very happy with O-like at this time.
I am going to contact them and see what they say.

So as some are aware O-like has gone down hill, and fast. Many members here lately have received broken lasers. They have stopped shipping in the white laser boxes, instead they put your laser in a black holder for you to strap to your belt and put in a paper package. The bubble wrap is pretty much non existent. They also mark is as a cheap $25 flashlight... So you know it gets tossed around like no tomorrow.

My laser arrived broken, So i sent them an email. They responded by telling me to ship it back and they will ship me a replacement. They also told me to to then let them know how much shipping cost so they could refund me. So I went to post office. Shipping with tracking international cost $38... BUT i figured since they asked me to let them know they were aware of how much it would cost. So i shipped it off, then sent them an email about shipping cost. Susie then tells me that is way too expensive and I was suppose to let her know how much shipping cost before I shipped it off. She said I should have used regular shipping and it would have been way cheaper. Well sorry Susie, but you are wrong. They told me that is way too much money and that they still have to ship me another $89 laser at their cost...

After talking more i agreed to bite half the $38 if they agreed to ship me out my laser the next day and with better packaging. They agreed. Then failed to ship it on time as promised. After my laser arrived THEN they shipped my replacement. I then asked them for my refund since the broken laser arrived at their location... They acted dumb and said they shipped my replacement as requested and what else am I talking about... They denied agreeing to my refund. When i told them I have all the emails of them agreeing to pay they then said their paypal account was down. I was told to wait 7-14 days for their account to get fixed before they could issue the refund. Well by that time the 45 day period for paypal protection would be up and they could just say "O well, we don't want to pay you for the refund." So i filed a claim, they never responded. A week later paypal awarded me my refund. O-like has since not responded to a single email, nor have they apologized for trying to screw me over.

If you do a bit of searching on here you will find I am not the onyl one with this issue. The past few months O-like has messed up big time. Unless you are willing to risk your expensive laser to be shipped in a paper envelope and having to pay $38+ for shipping back, I would stay away from this company until they get their crap fixed.

Sorry for the long rant, just dont want to see any other members go threw the annoying BS i did.
I had similar issues with Susie way back when, she just started selling here on LPF and she sent me a bad laser, tried telling me it was my meter, that was a funny one, then posted a pic of a guy in a lab coat holding a cheap LPM in his hand of all things showing how they test them, obviously she was clueless how to even test them; I believe she just goes around to the local open markets and buys these and sells them online....a one women band. Anyway after much back & forth with her, she played the EXACT same game with me she just pulled on you, shipping Way too much she says, only wanted to now pay half....in China their Government subsidizes the post office and under values the services on purpose, so they can send their stuff out worldwide for dirt cheap, no secret there. She got the laser then tried to deny she got it back until PP stepped in and then oh what a surprise it was sitting in her drawer she forgot about it. Shortly after that Susie changed the name of her "company" to what it is now and she will probably just do that again.........that's what the do in China they simply change their "company" name and move on.....their in China things are way different over there.....the land of crooks, cheats, clones, etc heck go on some of their English sites they even cheat their own people, the latest being phony meat sold in their own markets.....anything for a quick buck goes. File a PayPal / Credit Card claim for all monies spent including postage and call it a day, you'll be better off. Find a reputable company in the future to buy from, they do exist in China, but you've got to be careful with them.

+ 1 rep

For sharing your story with the community and the hardship she has caused you, some people never learn.

Here's a link were you can read all the fun things the Chinese do to each other to make a fast buck.

http://shanghaiist.com/

Last edited:
Well I hope you guys DON'T get to say "I told you so" with my lasers... It seems I'll be more careful next time though....

Anyway, got some BAD NEWS TODAY :(

Click the link....

PS - do your messages ever outweigh your signature? Lol - that's one sweet list bro :)

Last edited:
Oh I see what happened now, it's not your fault it's the shippers fault. If any and I doubt they will even do that, they might fine you for the wrong declaration, but again you are not the one that declared it, but they might use that as a loop hole to say then it would be returned to sender...in that case I would offer to see if customs would correct that for you for, and I'm sure that would involve a fee. Do yourself a favor and bring all the proof with you, invoice / paypal etc to show what you purchased & amount paid; only show them that stuff IF you have to.

Oh funny one about the sig, do you just want to me to type up a page of meaningless stuff to make my reply longer?:crackup: