Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do i really need goggles?

Raybo

YES!

I'm such a knucklehead that I will let the people in the know fill you in.

I never do:)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 22sep09_mookp.jpg
    22sep09_mookp.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 266

aXit

I think a better question is:

"Do you REALLY want your eyes for the rest of your life?"

I got my 240mW Red build from Mohrenberg, I used it, but i stopped using it because I was getting headaches..

Trust me, you need goggles. I just bought some, waiting for them to arrive.

~Tom

D

Deleted member 8382

@Silvershot: No. They work for both bluray and green. I showed it to you via webcam, can't you remember?

@tommi89: You were getting headaches because the eyes were tring to focus on the dot and failing at it. You won't get damaged for looking at a laser dot unless it has a huge power (not 200mW).

@JamTKD: This is like asking if you need to use the seat belt at 50mph. One day you don't wear nothing happens, another day you don't, you have an accident and you die. If you get a reflection from your laser wearing goggles NOTHING will happen. If you get a reflection without them, you have a high chance of getting permanent damage. In one word: YES.

I'm getting a 50mw blu-ray. Do i REALLY need goggles?

the question you should really ask your self is do i need my eyes?!

if you have no use for your eyes, if you dont use them for your job or for driving or for viewing lasers or generally in life , then i guess no, no googles needed.

hope that helps.

Grix

I hardly ever use my goggles anyways, it takes away all that's fun about lasers.

daguin

I hardly ever use my goggles anyways, it takes away all that's fun about lasers.

I know a professor who is addicted to heroin as well, but I don't think he recommends it to others. :whistle:

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

HIMNL9

^ LOL !

Anyway ..... IF i'm sure that i'm using the lasers where they cannot reflect or damage, i also sometimes don't use goggles ..... but if instead i'm no sure, or doing alignments or experiments, i use them ..... it's just matter of comon sense ..... you ofcourse don't need to use them all the times, but in any case where can happen accidents, is always better to have them on, if the accident happens .....

How say the proverb ? ..... "better safe than sorry" ..... ;)

@Silvershot: No. They work for both bluray and green. I showed it to you via webcam, can't you remember?

@tommi89: You were getting headaches because the eyes were tring to focus on the dot and failing at it. You won't get damaged for looking at a laser dot unless it has a huge power (not 200mW).

@JamTKD: This is like asking if you need to use the seat belt at 50mph. One day you don't wear nothing happens, another day you don't, you have an accident and you die. If you get a reflection from your laser wearing goggles NOTHING will happen. If you get a reflection without them, you have a high chance of getting permanent damage. In one word: YES.

You will if you get a direct eye hit off a reflective surface...:eek:

@JamTDK.... it is really simple.....

USE LASER SAFETY GOGGLES ! ! !

Jerry

Last edited: