Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diodes Compilation - All Diodes Data In One Thread!

HIMNL9

^ sorry to say that, but the units that you have is a DVD reader, not writer ..... it may have inside a 5 to 10 mW red diode, not a high power one .....

And, btw, this is not the right thread for post help requests, you know ? ..... ;)

I have mounted a SmOC diode in a basic Aixiz housing with plastic lens. I will try plotting it soon. It puts out a tiny dot from that tiny die!
I machined an aluminum bushing for the adapter.

HMike

So far, My graph matches Nico's graph even down to the anomoly at 180 mA!!

Last edited:
Here's what I have. Note that the curve starts to level at about 400 mA.
Hmike

1752-smoc-1.jpg

1753-smoc-2.jpg

Test Parameters:
Aixiz module with Plastic lens.
Machined aluminum bushing adapter.
Protek 3003B regulated power supply
Scientech 365 power meter
Data collection and plotting -- Old School !

Updated point: 3.1 Volts ---- 500 mA ---- 293 mW

Last edited:
I now harvested the SmOC red diode from my BDR-205 drive. I installed it with adapter into a mini module. It tracks within 2 mW of the diode from the BDR-203.
Fun little critters.

HMike

1754-smoc-3.jpg

jayrob

I now harvested the SmOC red diode from my BDR-205 drive. I installed it with adapter into a mini module. It tracks within 2 mW of the diode from the BDR-203.
Fun little critters.

HMike

1754-smoc-3.jpg

Is that using AixiZ acrylic (back opened) Mike?

IgorT

If anyone has multiple excel files concerning the same diode, I'll take them and combine them into one for this thread. PM me for email.

We ought to add the two different LG 8X diodes to the list.

We'll be obtaining lots of data on these real soon thanks to IgorT!

Oh man, i'm so sorry, but i have still been unable to type in all the Vf data for the diodes, i have three booklets full of numbers i have to type into Excel! :undecided:

But other than the missing Vf data, i already have full P/I data for 79 good old GGW diodes (up to 200mA), around 11 "new" GGW diodes (up to 200mA), and 9 SF-AWs (again up to 200mA - soon more diodes).

Also, full PIV data for 14 8x diodes and 2 12x diodes for now.

Then there is a bunch of GBW data i never managed to type in, while i only have partial data for PHRs (except a few), which is not useful for this thread (but i have to test some more soon, so i could do full plots if needed, as a single plot doesn't really show what to expect).

Oh, then there is one full "BDR-S03" PIV plot, and three more diodes to test. Perhaps some LOCs and LCCs too, to show how they vary in efficiency just like 405nm diodes do....

You can have my Excel files, but you might get lost in them.

The main rows are self explanatory, but i also apply numerous calculations and so on, and try to extract data in different ways, so the files end up a little messy. :yabbem:

If you write to me at the new email i set up for laser related stuff specifically (in the forum link), i can send you the files i have (and explain the strange parts in them :whistle:).

I believe the LPC-815 is 150mw CW, and 300mw Pulsed.. I think I read that from one of IgorTs posts one time...

The Mitsubishi open can is 150mW CW / 400mW Pulsed, but the datasheet you have attached should say so anyway....

EDIT: Otherwise, a question... Where did the SF-AW rating of 120mW CW come from? We know for sure that good old GGWs are 100 or perhaps 105mW CW, and that they are tougher than SF-AWs. Either SF-AWs have the same 100mW CW rating made by another manufacturer, but less prone to overdriving, or even a slightly lower rating, like 90mW CW. I'm ordering some more of them to torture soon.

Last edited:

JLSE

Not trying to spam this as I have posted elsewhere on the same topic.

There is a slight danger with the small open can red in the BDR-205 12x sleds. The ones I have contain both a 650nm chip and now a 780nm IR chip.

The pinout is in the pic below, if one was to hook this up backwards the 1mw looking red may play a hazardous roll.

Thought id share this as I made this mistake and saw little red light, but over 200mW;s on my meter... Was really surprised with this one.

DSC09959.jpg

Hey everyone, I'm needing some 5.6mm 808nm diode plots. Lets get something useful up on the page!

:) Thanks!