Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dealextreme High-Power 200mW Red Laser Pen

I came across this website that sells [highlight]200mW[/highlight] lasers for like [highlight]40$[/highlight] However I am wondering is it [highlight]reliable[/highlight]? Has any one bought a laser from this site before?

Thanks,
Graham Russell.

I have 2. One puts out only about 145mW, but the other one does better & gives a steady 180mW's

those explode when not used correctly be carefull :p

OK OK I"M PLAYING AROUND THEY WORK GREAT

If you're talking about the 200mW Red laser.... it is a good deal...
But if you live in the USA you are out of luck buying from them...

There are tons of posts on this forum dealing with that dealer and
that laser... you will need to do a little research to help yourself... :cool:

Jerry

john_lawson said:
how many do you own there Jerry  ;D and watcha call them  :-?
I just sold them all............ I have nothing left..... :'(

those explode when not used correctly be carefull Tongue
Sure............... scare the new members.... :-/

Jerry

wmashda said:
I came across this website that sells [highlight]200mW[/highlight] lasers for like [highlight]40$[/highlight] However I am wondering is it [highlight]reliable[/highlight]? Has any one bought a laser from this site before?

Thanks,
Graham Russell.

just so a search for "dilda laser" ;)

Does anyone know if these have IR filters installed? I thought 200mW lasers were supposed to burn things. I was going to use mine to light fireworks on the 4th of July. Even though I focused it to the smallest point I could, I couldn't even light a match. Any suggestions?

diachi

Does anyone know if these have IR filters installed? I thought 200mW lasers were supposed to burn things. I was going to use mine to light fireworks on the 4th of July. Even though I focused it to the smallest point I could, I couldn't even light a match. Any suggestions?

Why would it have an IR filter?

Last edited:
An IR filter in that one?? that would be interesting......as for not burning it's probably underpowered for what it is rate at; do you have a LPM to test?

diachi,

I was reading that since IR is invisible to the naked eye, it could cause eye damage without me even knowing about it. I already ordered safety glasses for red and green lasers, but do these also block IR?

electron,

I don't have an LPM yet. How much do those run? Do you know a good source for buying one? The 50mW 532 nm laser I also bought from deal extreme seems pretty powerful, but I heard this is due to the eye's ability to see green light much more easily than red light. Maybe I will look into investing in a LPM. Thanks.

The reason he asked that is because a red laser is (usually) just a laser diode, and therefore produces no IR like greens, which use an IR pump diode and crystal set.

Prototype,

So I don't need to worry about IR from my red laser? Thanks. I do have a 50mW green laser and I just ordered a 200mW green laser as well. I should probably make sure they have IR filters on them or add one if it doesn't right? Thanks for your help and sorry for the stupid noob questions.

I'd make sure they have an IR filter, yes. And don't worry, we were all new once.

Yeah, I know the thread is a year and a half old, but Deal Extreme is still selling the same laser. I know from other forums that most people hate it when noobs don't bother to search existing threads before asking the same questions.