Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dead alien in Russia

Yeah, i know about convergent evolution. But, lets say life on our planet and life on theirs originated in the same way. That is, spread from the original single-celled source. How many times would evolution have to favour such similar developments for them as it did for us? I'm putting it crudely (it's a continuum rather than a discrete set, but anyway) how many species were passed through to create the first human? And at every step, every change that occurred (relating to similarities between me and that thing) to create humans would have also had to occur for them.

Four limbs, the implication being two for propulsion and two for manipulation. A skeleton. A "face" (that is, sensory organs clustered around one location on the body). What looked like eyes (they're pretty horribly complicated) and what looked like a mouth with a definite jaw structure. Jointed limbs. Upright-ness.

Yeah... not buying it.

Like others have said, maybe intelligent life exists, maybe it doesn't. But that's peripheral, the point i'm making is that this video is a fake.

"Sometimes i think the biggest signal that there must be intelligent life out there is the fact that it hasn't tried to contact us" - Roughly a quote from Calvin and Hobbes.

I agree with you that the alien in the video is a fake.
My point is simply that it is possible, if not certain, that humanoid life forms do exist outside our solar system.

All the features you mentioned are features that existed in early life on Earth. Today, they are just more complex due to the amount of time allowed for specialization. They are not unique to primates, or even mammals, so why can't they be beneficial for life on another planet?
Yes, you are right that it is environmental change/challenges that dictate the path of evolution. However, the exact same environment is not needed in order for convergent evolution to take place.
Is it so hard to imagine that bipedalism, light-detecting eyes, and a skeletal structure could be advantageous and practical for other life-forms in other environments?
And just because there are similarities, does it mean we are the same? That is, does that mean that a similar life form does not have its own unique adaptations?

The universe is too complex and too vast and too old for us to say what isn't possible. Given the numbers of stars in our galaxy, the number of galaxies in our supercluster, and the number of clusters of galaxies in the universe, I have no doubt in my mind that we are not as unique as we may like to think.

Last edited:

So who is to say that life elsewhere could not have found similar adaptations that reflect those of Homo Sapiens?
Life can very well be unimaginably different but it can also turn out to be remarkably similar.

\
I say there are infinite planetswith homosapieish characteristics. it goes back to my previous post that if space is infinite than the possibilites for life/ and types of life are infinite.

michael.

I'd love to know what they're actually saying.. lmao

"Holy shit dude! This thing looks like the things in those American movies!"

I think it's interesting that in many of the cave drawings and paintings, as well as many of the surviving figurines from antiquity, that we know these cultures worshiped as " Gods " look very much like the classic grey aliens we see depicted today.:thinking:

Sorry to bump an old thread, just heard on TV that this alien sighting was just a hoax. When investigated, it turned out the alien had been made by the students using stale bread.

think about it like this... what are the odds the aliens would look exactly like they do in hollywood? this one in the vid sure does lol.

and about earth being the "only" life giving planet... no way. there is an infinite amount of life giving planets.... that is if space really is limitless.

michael.

Exactly. If Aliens ARE real, the chances of it looking like it does in Hollywood are like 1%. The video i think is defiantly fake. Im not saying i don't believe in intelligent creatures outside our planet, im just saying i think the video is fake.

O boy it's real you just better believe it's REAL !
thats no canned spam...

we wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't real :eek:

I love how it looked like ET's aborted brother. LMAO

Lets face it, if intelligent life evolved enough to travel space and time, why the heck would they be hanging around our freaked out planet? As a people we are a plague to this planet. It doesn't take extreme intelligence to figure this out. If they wanted our resources, they would have taken it. If they wanted the planet, they would have taken it. If they wanted to help/eat us, they would have done it. Yes, maybe at some point they took a look at us (maybe), but I'm sure they ran away right after they did.

I find it funny how quickly people want to believe in extra terrestrials visiting here, but dismiss God. All you hear is that there is no proof of God. But I've yet to see anything that proves ET lands here on a regular basis. I have no doubt other life forms exists, but I also have no doubt that God exists too. If you think one fairy tale is plausible, then you have to think the other is too.

Last edited: