Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dave (Daguin) has changed.

Has Dave (Daguin) changed?

• No, not at all.

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Yes, a little. But in a good way.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Yes, a little. But in a bad way.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Yes, a LOT but in a good way.

• Yes, a LOT but in a bad way.

• I sit 50/50, he's changed in the good and bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Well beside his plan to end the world by maxing out his post count, nothing has changed but now that hes a mod how do we stop him so many posts the number cant go that high ohh god no the horror! :D

Asherz

This thread is just asking for drama as soon as I read the title, Jelly do you get some kind of kick out of this?

NVM just saw that he was banned, good move.

My two cents....

I behave differently here than the forums I admin and moderate.

Those "jobs" carry a degree of responsibility with them.

It's hard to dive into something you are supposed to prevent or stop.

Deal with it.

Reactions: mfo

HIMNL9

If i can add my "two cents", as you say .....

I, usually, always try to not take parts in this type of discussions, but this time, i feel i have to say this.

I think that, in some way, Dave MUST be changed. (but, before start to shoot, let me explain what i mean :p)

To those that think that Dave is "changed", in bad, i want to ask
; "please consider this hypothesis, about yourself":

1 ) you're a member of this forum, from long time, and have made "friendship" with some members more than with others, some of them you feel sympatic, some other you feel antipatic, some maybe you can't even hold to see their posts, and so on ..... normal "human" routine, that have nothing wrong, cause it's simply the human nature ..... and, as human nature, this may also drive you to support more your friends point of views, in a discussion, that the others, especially if the others are peoples that you don't know or don't like ..... this is acceptable, cause also this is human, until you are a member like all the others .....

2) now, you become a mod in the forum. ..... You are still the same person, with the same friendships, antipaties and sympaties, but now you have one more "duty" (if is the right word), that overcome them, when needed ..... you can still have all your friends, can still help them in discussions with other members, can still joke with others, can still have your antipaties and so on, but, if you want to be a responsible mod, when is needed, you now have to judge without keep them in consideration, and sometimes this may mean bash your friend against one that you don't like, when your friend is at the wrong side or act wrong, regardless from the fact that he's your friend .....

How much time you think is needed, before some of your old friends say you "hey, you're changed from when you becomed a mod and now you're no more a friend as before, is the power that hit you in the head ?"

And, how much of these friends you think take in consideration the point that i exposed, before ask you that ?

As my personal consideration, i can say that Dave can be a very bad mod, if he was NOT changed in this sense, and used his new "power" for his personal advantage and for the advantage of his friends, against the others ..... and i'm happy to see that he is remained friendly as usual, still help other peoples, and at the same time, took his new responsability in a serious way .....

Trust me, i have seen so much times, outside here, peoples changing in the bad way, when they got mod powers in so many other forums, that i'm happy to see that here it's still not yet happened :D

Sorry for that, i just felt the need to say this ..... now you can shoot me for my opinions, if you still want (but beware, i'm weaponed too :p :crackup:)

there is nothing to shoot HimnL9... its ironinc that a non-native english speaker gave the best worded answer.

michael

You mean we Banned JellyCrab for nothing....:crackup::crackup:

But... HIMNL9 got is right... every outside influence can
possibly change your perspective...

Jerry

Last edited:
People don't change in 3 months.
Ever since I've been here he's been a sarcastic yet helpful mamber. He seems like a really cool guy. I'd live to take his classes if I could.

-Tony

jayrob

Dave changed a little...

He went from very helpful, to very, very helpful! :D

Edit: oops... this thread was about dead... Just realized that.

Necro poster!
But yea, Dave has totally changed!!!! He has turned into a rabid monster!!! And I can say that cause I've been a member for a whole... like 6 months!
He tried to bite my arm off earlier today!! wait perhaps that wasn't him? Anyways like yea! Down with Dave! Long live the King.. & such.

Last edited:
Necro poster!
But yea, Dave has totally changed!!!! He has turned into a rabid monster!!! And I can say that cause I've been a member for a whole... like 6 months!
He tried to bite my arm off earlier today!! wait perhaps that wasn't him? Anyways like yea! Down with Dave! Long live the King.. & such.

I think you are a bit confused... :cryyy: