Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Crowd-Source: Can anyone find a source for the new 1W Mitsubishi 635nm?

Look, I gave you a distributor for the Mitsu LD. I wrote a step-by-step alternative to the crappy kipkay red laser phony hack temporary laser joke and provided a real red laser alternative for the MiniMag. What does it take for for some respect here?

signed, Mr. 1 point of respect.

yzer

Getting a chip on your shoulder isn't the way to get rep. Neither is begging or demanding it.

My advice is to just not think about the rep system.. What you think is repworthy and what others think is don't often coincide with each other.. and there's nothing you can really do to change that other than to just keep trying.

There's been plenty of times i've done stuff that I figured I should have got repped for but didn't.. But oh well, Nothing to do about it but keep going.

About all I can say is quit worrying about it, keep being helpful, and keep contributing, and your rep will go up fast enough.

Helios

Getting a chip on your shoulder isn't the way to get rep. Neither is begging or demanding it.

My advice is to just not think about the rep system.. What you think is repworthy and what others think is don't often coincide with each other.. and there's nothing you can really do to change that other than to just keep trying.

There's been plenty of times i've done stuff that I figured I should have got repped for but didn't.. But oh well, Nothing to do about it but keep going.

About all I can say is quit worrying about it, keep being helpful, and keep contributing, and your rep will go up fast enough.

Agreed. There have been many times in which I felt I deserved and expected to get a bunch of rep for something and didnt and there are also many times I have gotten rep for something I hardly remember typing :crackup:

The one thing I can say FOR CERTAIN is that asking for rep never looks good in the eyes of veteran members.

yzer

Great advise. Rep is cool, but it's not the main reason I hang out here. Besides, I don't plan on making a heck of a lot of lasers and will always be more of a learner than than a innovator.

I cant count the times I've told people not to rep me.

Its only internet points. People will give you respect, but it has to be earned, just like real life. And its not just for what you have to offer either. We've had major laser techs here before, and we've bounced them right out because they had a "higher than art thou" attitude.

rhd

Asking for rep is so juvenile.

Wouldn't it be ironic if instead of giving yzer the rep he requested, we all just gave +1 to the OP? I think that's a great idea, and would totally teach yzer a lesson about asking for rep.

(j/k - in case that wasn't clear ;))

chefla

Hey, back to the topic...
1W of 635 (638?) nm in a 5.6mm package. Hard to complain!
ML501P73 red laser diode - Mitsubishi Electric - Electro Optics
In CW, it's only 500mW, but still - that's impressive.

Can anyone locate a source for this?
I just mailed Glyn asking them for a quote. I will keep you posted.

EDIT: GLYN replied. They don't retail. If one of you runs his own business and has a registered company then you could try contacting them for a quote. They referred me to the AK Modul-Bus GmbH who is their retailer. I have just send an inquiry to them... stay tuned.

EDIT2: AK replied. They can't give me a quote now. It appears that they don't have those diodes available yet. The guy said, he will reply once he knows availability and pricing.

Last edited:

Garoq

Hey, back to the topic...

I just mailed Glyn asking them for a quote. I will keep you posted.

EDIT: GLYN replied. They don't retail. If one of you runs his own business and has a registered company then you could try contacting them for a quote. They referred me to the AK Modul-Bus GmbH who is their retailer. I have just send an inquiry to them... stay tuned.

I just received a call back from their west coast rep and he is preparing a quote.

good going all of you --

about Yzer-- He may be suffering from the after -effects of his 'battle of the build'.

And the angst caused by that prolly had a lot to do with his present state of mind.

His 47 post thread deserves some cred. for not giving up so after reading thru most of it I sent him +rep for helping find a source of these new diodes.

But I thnk he now knows all about even hinting around about getting/asking for rep. so lets just move on--

hak

yzer

hak: I got an additional green box thingy for it, that's cool. Yes, I'm suffering building withdrawals but enjoying the laser quite a bit. That helps. I've got a bunch of work to do on other projects before another laser build, probably this fall.

I'm glad people here are following through on the Glyn lead. I may be interested in a 500mW 635nm myself.

Garoq

OK, I received the quote. it ranges from $382.50 for one to $338.92 each for 500.

I guess it all depends on how badly you want one. :D

OTOH, at least it wasn't $3,500 each like Nichia quoted me for the 445nm diodes. :eek: