Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI PGL-III-C-589nm 80mW JUST ARRIVED.

norbyx

CNI Model: PGL-III-C-589NM-80mW.

Well after making the Group Buy possible with CNI, Today I got my yellow 589nm Laser delivered to my door.
First let me tell you that the group buy was quite an interesting experience, it was a bit hard to get the best possible price for everyone but I consider that the price got for this laser is quite impossible to be beaten.
The laser took less than 2.5 weeks from the moment the payment was sent, now that is fast. I mostly think this was done in such a fast timetable since I had some minor discussion with CNI and some other member of the forum, but it is all in the past.
The most important thing is that I have the laser I dreamed about.

The laser was shipped with DHL to my destination, and it took just 5 days from their location to my door. I had to pay a minor amount of taxes but nothing of consideration.

Now it came in a cardboard box with some bubble wrap, and packed inside a anti static bag. Considering that it is $700 laser I would have expected a bit more (at least some type of box).

The laser comes with two safety keys and one 3.5mm plug (also another safety feature), it also has a 5 second turn on delay. In the box there was also a paper with some instructions, and some tests that were done to the laser.

According to the paper the laser should be as follows.

Output 98mW
Transverse mode TEM00
Beam Diameter ~1.5mm
Divergence <1.5mrad

Now I have tested the laser and got this results,

Output power 120mW Average 133 Peak
Mode: It's a multimode so it changes.
Beam Diameter at 1mt 3.3mm
Divergence <1.4mrad
Amperage at the tail cap : 2.19A

Now the power graph:

I have to say that this is much better than expected, 50% over spec. That is just amazing.
The color is just out of this world. I just love it, even though it is a bit of a problem with the protective glasses since I have none that will block the yellow 100%.
You all know the laser in question, and please forgive such bad pictures, but I was in a hurry to take them and have them posted. Will take some better ones soon...

Please note that this last two pictures there was NO fog added and it is daytime. The pictures were taken with my iphone, so not great sensitivity to darkness. This beam is just amazing.

I love the laser and I know that this one is probably going to stay with me for a long long time.

To the other members still waiting for their lasers to be delivered from the Group Buy, be patience, the wait is worth it, and the laser is worth every cent....

GOLD! You, sir, have a treasure in your hands.
I JUST LOVE THE COLOR! :drool:

Post more pics please.

+1 at ya :beer:

Last edited:

Gun

Awesome, I know how much you wanted that wavelength!

I'm jealous :na:

norbyx

It is just out of this world. I every time I turn it on I can't believe the color. Oh well I shall start selling some lasers just to keep what I really want.... (need to get some money back :oops:)

Gun

Just noticed you've only reviewed one of your lasers! You should do some more reviews. I'm going to try to review all of mine :p

norbyx

^^^ Not true, I have other reviews... just didn't link them in the signature... I am editing this now.
But thanks for letting me notice.

I know the feeling! I remember dishing out ~$850 for mine (a year ago or so - they were more expensive).

norbyx

I know the feeling! I remember dishing out ~$850 for mine (a year ago or so - they were more expensive).

Well with all the money transfer expenses and the shipping the price is just a tad lower than $800 for this one.... even so it is A LOT of money.... please don't tell my wife or I shall become an eunuch:shhh:

Blord

That is a fine laser with an awesome output. The color is just beautiful.
I can't wait to have mine arriving from the CNI groupbuy.

Yeah that's pretty nice. I'm hoping the yellows come the way on the 520's sometime soon so I can see one firsthand.

Beautiful laser! I only hope for the same output for all of ours!

How'd you get yours so quick? We're all still waiting on ours :p

Does it come with a spacer and or need a spacer if you want to use a 18650 over 2 C batts?

Last edited:

norbyx

This laser is made for the 18650, no other battery. I got mine first because of a problem I had in the GB and I ended up dealing directly with CNI and didn't go through DJNY; the cost was about the same for me and since I was the one that originally made the GB, CNI had no problems in sending me the unit directly.
I really hope that all the buyers that got this in the GB will be as happy as I am.