Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED: ROUND 4!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Re: CLOSED: Taking payments ROUND 4!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Hey guys!

I am glad you guys are happy. I will thank kevin on your behalf. Also update for the german orders!

Your lasers have arrived! I will lpm them tonight and ship them to you this week!

greetings,

:beer:

YEEAAH! :D That's nice! Thank you :)

I'm very excited please send me the lpm graph when you did it :beer:

cmak

Got my package and everything is lovely. Thank you to everyone involved! This is all such a blessing. It's interesting to note how much smaller the HL-532 is, especially because I didn't expect any major changes in host design between the HLs.

Now I'm on a hunt to get temporary batteries until IMRs ship. I wanna see these wavelengths, even if the temporary batteries make it lase weak. Is there any place to get 16340 batteries (or any somewhat-compatible alternative... CR123?) at a brick-and-mortar store in west LA? Perhaps remotely near Marina Del Rey, Culver City, Venice, Santa Monica, Brentwood, etc? Perhaps Batteries Plus, Costco, Best Buy, or Walmart? I have two HL460s, an HL-515 and an HL-532. Thank you!

Last edited:

Well guys! This GB is not flawless anymore! :p This sucks! Kevin his workers have mixed up two pointers with the wrong labels!

Photon532 received a 100mW 532nm pen laser from shokkunlaser!
And I received a 130mW 635nm which was supposed to go to photon532!

So i am sorry to bring your hopes up shokkunlaser! I will update you two with the solution asap! Mail to kevin allready has been sent!

greetings,

Robin

EDIT: DrJones his HL520 does a rock solid 61.5mW

Last edited:

Got my package and everything is lovely. Thank you to everyone involved! This is all such a blessing. It's interesting to note how much smaller the HL-532 is, especially because I didn't expect any major changes in host design between the HLs.

Now I'm on a hunt to get temporary batteries until IMRs ship. I wanna see these wavelengths, even if the temporary batteries make it lase weak. Is there any place to get 16340 batteries (or any somewhat-compatible alternative... CR123?) at a brick-and-mortar store in west LA? Perhaps remotely near Marina Del Rey, Culver City, Venice, Santa Monica, Brentwood, etc? Perhaps Batteries Plus, Costco, Best Buy, or Walmart? I have two HL460s, an HL-515 and an HL-532. Thank you!

WARNING : WAY OT
the color choices in your sig intrigue me greatly. any particular reason for the colors you chose? here's a more accurate tool Wavelength to RGB / HEX Calculator
all good tho, i'm just curious:beer:

Last edited:

Hmm, interesting results on power check but I'm not going to worry yet:

Coherent LaserCheck;

HL515-30mW doing 14.7mW
HL460-100mW doing 58.3mW

Note, am using standard 3.7v RCR123 batteries though; so I suppose it could be a current issue; will report back with proper 16340s.

Offroad: Definitely let me know if you're doing another GB, I have another list I want to get working on :)

UPDATE

Ok, HL515-30mW is OK with proper batteries @ 34.2mW, checked across several sets.
HL460-100mW still reading low at 67.4mW independent of batteries. Will cross check with other meters shortly.

Last edited:

Fresh charge on the batteries and the tests came out close to the same... 39mw on the 515 and 265mW on the 650. Kinda sucks that it's a little under spec, but I'm not upset. It was fairly inexpensive.

Cheers,
Clayton

ps. batteries used are AW RCR123a Protected 750 mAh Battery

Clayton! Glad you are happy with your order! Would you do me a favor? Charge the batteries and check if the sticker in the front is not blocking the beams.

Kevin promised me that every laser is up or over spec. I want to know how serious that statement was. Untill now i have not reported a single underspec laser :)

Greetings, :beer:

@ aryntha

Check if the beam is blocked a little bit by the sticker. If not and still underspec there is a way to still make it up to spec by upping the current a little bit on the pot. But only if you tried all else and i have permission from kevin. To keep warrantee.

@ clayton

I see so only the 650 is 35mW underspec. Sometimes i wonder how his workers QC these. I would love to see their factory with the process etc. They could use me as a manager i guess lol :p anyway glad you are not upset. If you change your mind let me know.

Greetings,,

bata

Got my HL 532nm 300mw and I got to say that thing is freaking bright :beer:

Anyone know how late DHL ships things? My laser was labeled "Send for delivery" about 6 hours ago, in a town that's 4 hours away, however I was told via text that it was scheduled for delivery today. :thinking:

Driver met me at a grocery store since I wasnt home and it was at 5:30pm and he said he still had deliveries so I think its they xx deliveries and they need to make them all before they can go home.

Anyone know how late DHL ships things? My laser was labeled "Send for delivery" about 6 hours ago, in a town that's 4 hours away, however I was told via text that it was scheduled for delivery today. :thinking:

Was it shipped with DHL WorldWide Express? If so:

"Guaranteed door-to-door delivery by the end of the next possible business day"

Don't worry, I have had packages arrive as late as 7PM!!! Just be patient Cody ;)

Last edited:

Should I have my tracking # tonight? I got a text saying it'll be delivered tomorrow. im not entirely sure how they got my phone number.:confused: I need the tracking number so I can write that and my signature on a piece of paper because I won't be there to sign for it. It all depends on what time they deliver of course.

Last edited:

The text message has the tracking number in it :thinking:

I guess. I figured it was another number. Doesn't exactly say tracking number. I'm sure that's the one tho.

DHL tracking = 10 digit number so that is it

Yep I tried it. Last update, Cincinnati OH. It will be here tomorrow then.:)