Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED! Now Distributing ROUND 2!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Pman

Yeah, that's what I figured Blord:p

I installed the second spst switch on the backside and cut the hole for the blue display so it's all set for any combination of blue/red/DVM readings once the displays arrive:D I'll still have the original red display to snap back in place for the TEC one. Never cut any wires so it'll take only a couple minutes to reinstall it mostly because of the removal and replacement of the box screws.
Haven't looked into the datalogging yet but get the feeling it's some $. Had most of the inexpensive parts for this project.

Last edited:

Pman

95% chance my HL450 will be at my door tomorrow. The first DHL shipped on a Saturday also and got to my house by Monday morning. This one is a couple hours ahead of it so far.
It's now local so I left a note on the door. Will track during the day with my phone. Delivered last time around 14:00. Testing to commence immediately with fully charged imrs. Odds are in my favor that this one is good to go. We will see....
My
With delivery courier for about an hour now. Isn't this exciting:crackup: Bored right now waiting for a refrigeration unit to get to temp. so I can say the job is done. 1.25 hours to basically stare at the thing. :p:banghead:

Hopefully everyone can get all their order issues resolved now with the least amount of grief

Shows delivered now ATD (at the door).

Last edited:
Hey guy what is up? For those that wanted to file a complaint olease send me the videos :) i am waiting for kevin his fedex dhl numbers right now :)

Greetings,,

Last edited:

Pman

Got the unit.
72F, fully charged IMRs at 4.22 each straight off the charger on the ophir read 104-107mw for 100 seconds very steady. Very happy about how steady the reading is:)

Comments on what I received:
-Box was not too bad. Fixed an edge with some hot glue.
-regular tailcap with no safety. Don't understand this.
-packaging was rather strangely wrapped like it was thrown together very quickly but it worked.

I've just about given up trying to figure out how Sky makes decisions on what they send. Can't expect to get what they show on their site that's for sure. They need to get their act together.

This is just another example of very poor quality control. Yes, I'm happy that the unit tests correct. Why would they send it out though without the safety tail cap? The unit was completely paid for in full right from their store and supposedly claimed to have been shipped before I asked Offroad to pass on my earlier messages about them not actually shipping the unit and missing some things including the non-locking tail cap which this one came with.
The message from Kevin back when Offroad asked him about it was that the blues don't come with it. K, then why did I not receive the locking tail cap especially since the question was asked AFTER the unit was posted as having shipped. Did he go back in the package that hadn't left their place on the 16th and traded it out and then DHL got it? Who knows.
Now I have the non-locking cap that I wanted for the original failed unit that didn't come with it and the locking cap from the failed unit so you could say I have all of it for this unit (of course I don't have the pen ones yet but that is supposed to happen according to what has been posted since I requested 3 to go wiht my 3 Sky pens). Some of you may think I'm being too picky but I would have to completely disagree. Expect to get what I payed for from a company that apparently had in the past taken care of their customers properly and showed some care/pride in not being like most others dealing with this "stuff".

Again, happy with the unit but very dissatisfied with the company. No word yet on my proposal to them concerning how the HL450 was handled.

Last edited:
Neither the hl405nm nor 450nm have a locking caps. And I don't own or believe the 445 does either.

Pman

My HL405 came with both locking and regular end caps... see what I mean? I got them and you didn't. 2 out of the 3 HLs I received came with both. Don't see anywhere on their site a difference between any of them. Others have posted getting some with both and some with only the locking one.

By the way, you were absolutely right about what a pain it is to cut the armaflex cleanly. Would probably work out ok with a fish knife though. How did you get away with using a turkey carver? Didn't your wife or mom come after you?:crackup: I ended up finally setting my 2 laser cases up with the larger units pressed into the foam blocks. All I did was seperate just about an inch of the blocks so they would press down and hold their position without having to cut them or anything. Worked out quite well. The angled ones in one case don't look quite as neat though just because of how the blocks are set up. Both PL cases were used for the LPMs. Just needed to trim the convoluted foam where the project boxes touch because there's too much pressure on the box with it closed (wants to seperate the case from the frame).

Removing my ebay stuff from my sig. List looks too big.

Last edited:
Lol no one said anything to me about using it because I cleaned it when was done. But my pl405 did have the saftey cap but the guys from last group buy that got the hl didn't get safety caps.

kadath

I got both caps with the 405 and 460. I only received one cap -- a locking cap -- with each of the 532, 650, and 808.

Pman

As I said, no rhyme or reason to it. Never know what you're going to get.

Pman

Thanks alot psch... now anytime I watch that movie or hear that phrase you know what will pop into my head:p

300th post, Yeah, got a ways to 1000

Last edited:

Pman

Get to hang out in the teachers lounge:p

See Blord has a quick setup/test of his new data-logging Ophir:gj:

Last edited: