Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

CLOSED * GB for OEM Laser Systems protective eyewear

Re: GB for OEM Laser Systems protective eyewear

Now we have 22 :D

How much is the YLW versus the ARG?

Depending on the price difference I'm down for one or the other (style #35).

The YLW filters are about $20.00 more than the ARG's. Before the discount the ARG's are $78.20 and the YLW's are $98.60.

:bumpit:

haha oh and Extelon, I love your avatar. Did you make it yourself?

-Chris

:bumpit:

haha oh and Extelon, I love your avatar. Did you make it yourself?

-Chris

Thanks! Yeah I made it... I just barely added the eyewear today. :D

The wavelength response for the AL3 shows that from 395-540nm, the OD is mostly above 2 with a small peak above 3. The ANSI specs state that they are certified for OD 3 from 395-540. What's up with that? :thinking: I don't really know much about the reliability of ANSI, but should I trust that these are OD 3+ from 395-540? I'd rather have an OD of 3+ than the KRY's 5+, but I sort of need to know that they are actually 3+.

By the way, I just compared the AL2 and the AL3 graphs, and they appear to be exactly the same. The only difference is the ANSI specs are better on the AL3 and the AL3 cost $3.40 more...

Don't compare the graphs. The graphs are not the certification. The graphs only indicate the response of the filters when exposed across the spectrum. The ANSI or CE certification is what the filter is physically tested to absorb. That is the important part.

I'm not too sure what to say about ANSI. If you are not sure if you can trust ANSI you really cannot trust much of anything you come into contact with in the United States as the American National Standards Institute pretty much writes the standards for everything in the US. They are responsible for maintaining Z136, the standards for laser eye protection.

If you are still not sure, the AL3 are also CE certified to the EN207/208 standards.

Good to see you back FC, even if its just to chime in this thread.

Extelon:

Can you also add the ML7 to the list of featured goggles on the bottom of the first post. That model is a very good general-purpose goggle, especially for green. The ML7 is more expensive, at $150 before discount, but protects the operator against green (up to a watt), IR (OD4+), and low-powered red. I also believe it protects against 405nm, though it is not shown on the certification list.

If there's one pair of goggles to get, it's the ML7.

Extelon:

Can you also add the ML7 to the list of featured goggles on the bottom of the first post. That model is a very good general-purpose goggle, especially for green. The ML7 is more expensive, at $150 before discount, but protects the operator against green (up to a watt), IR (OD4+), and low-powered red. I also believe it protects against 405nm, though it is not shown on the certification list.

If there's one pair of goggles to get, it's the ML7.

As phoenix77 told before, the ML7 are a very bad option if you want you goggles blocking "blue wavelengths"

Keep in mind the group buy discounts are available for ANY filter and frame combination. This is not specifically for protection against 445nm. If you have a CO2 laser, for example, you can order protection for that laser under this group buy. If you have a YAG, like the SSY-1, you can get protection under this group buy.

I would recommend if your laser is pulsed (as in q-switched) contact us so we can work out the protection you need. There are some calculations that should be done to determine the best filter and OD for high power pulses.

The EN207 specifications are very nice for determining the required protection as the specs consider the wavelength, operating mode (CW, long pulse, short pulse, and extremely short pulse) when factoring the OD. ANSI specifications require a bit more mathematics as they only display the OD. Also note if you see an R in the EN207 specifications that means the rating is for alignment filters. You will see such a rating in the AL3 specifications but it's not clearly defined on many Internet sources for EN207.

I just want to say thank you to FrothyChimp.
It's great to see a rep from a company take an active role in making sure their customers are safe and happy.

FrothyChimp I have a question if I may. I have a large head and wear extra large hats. Is #35 style going to be ok? Perhaps some physical measurements would be helpful.

My favorite sun glasses are 5.75" across the brow.

@zcar300: You are welcome. We want what you guys use to be right.

@ moonreft: The measurement from temple to temple (inside measurement) on the style 35 is 132mm or 5.20 inches. These will probably work as the arms are somewhat flexible but a better option might be the style 38.

Back