Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED - COLLECTING $ Dorcy Jnr GB - $15.00 Shipped- 07/12/09

I'm talking about the heat produced from the driver its self... On the rkcstr drivers instructions IIRC it says that LD drivers eg rkcstr and flexdrive at their upper current limits, produce enough heat to desolder components on the board, and propper heatsinking/cooling is needed!

That may be the case with the rkcstr driver, but that's not going to work in this host anyway with one CR123. I've never experienced or heard of the flexdrive getting very hot at all.

The heat sink solution is awesome. I know you guys like the flush or recessed type, but.... I've been on a greenie kick lately. Just wanted to show another option:
newdorcy.jpg

newdorcy2.jpg

newdorcy3.jpg

newdorcy4.jpg

newdorcy5.jpg

I made this before I saw the setscrew solution, and I don't know that it would be an option with this setup. Everything is press fit nice and tight. The heat sink shown here was meant for a different host I have, so I had to use the aixiz module to cover the hole in front. It could be made with a small opening instead. I'm not in the business of making these things to sell, I just wanted to show it to you guys. One of LikeitBright's creations inspire me to do the heat sinks this way (sticking out).
Thanks for looking.

Edit: BTW, I had to use a CR2 battery to make this work.

Last edited:
I finally managed my goal of not making a single mistake: 100% on DT Electronics paper (though my teacher marked a question wrong at first - he didn't seem to know which way round LEDs need to be wired ;) ). I took these mocks relatively casually, had a late-ish set of nights, and half hour flick-through of my notes the night before. We had snow disrupt most of the mocks, so I could saunter into school at 9:15 then go home at 3:30, play with some lasers or CoD, eat, play around some more, half an hour of notes, then sleep. To be honest, I doubt the "revision" made much difference except for in geography (case studies are the single most annoying part of it). I think apart from English I got all A*s in the mocks (still have French oral to do, though).

Next year my plan is something like this:
Maths + Further Maths
DT (off-timetable)
Physics
(Either Biology or Chemistry, or both if I can)

What was your A in? Nice set of results you got there. EDIT: Also, what have you chosen so far? And what are you doing next year?

I got my A in English Language. I'm not sure how though, coursework was 40%, and I got 100% in all my coursework, so I must have got like a D in the exams :whistle:

This year, I'm doing:
Maths + Further Maths
Physics
Chemistry
French

I did my Stats module today, and have 5 modules in june, so I'll get A level maths this year, then A level further maths next year

Next year, I'll probably drop French, and carry on with maths, physics and chemistry. Then I'll go to uni and do Chemical Engineering, and join the RAF to do some piloting, and probably die crashing a plane into a tree aged 22:D Well, thats my life planned...

Good work!! Congratz! Good luck with the future... one tip, if you see a tree your probably flying too low :D

I was just wondering if anyone has heard from tommii89?
He logged in two days ago. He has been logging in every few days but wont post. His last post was in this thread a few weeks ago?
I have PM him several times to see if he has heard any more from the rep from Dorcy.
I thought he was trying to get them to send us 11 of the old style dorcy jr's, the ones the rep had found.
I was never mad at him for this mishap. But now I'm kinda getting upset that he just disappeared.

EDIT: Dm, saw that you edited one of your posts to say they were shipped out.

Last edited: