Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED - COLLECTING $ Dorcy Jnr GB - $15.00 Shipped- 07/12/09

ZheolD

i'm gonna head to target tomorrow while listening to the "mission impossible" theme song

Cheers
Josh

Could you hold onto my Dorcy and old-style HS for now Daguin? I'd just like to see if CharlieBruce or Ehgemus is able to make some HS first.
But if they are unable I'm perfectly fine with a flashlight; you've just got to make do with what you've got.

daguin

Could you hold onto my Dorcy and old-style HS for now Daguin? I'd just like to see if CharlieBruce or Ehgemus is able to make some HS first.
But if they are unable I'm perfectly fine with a flashlight; you've just got to make do with what you've got.

NP They are not in my way.

Peace,
dave

With a bit of luck I will be able to build the prototype heatsink tomorrow and Thursday (no guarantees I will have the time, just finished mock exams yesterday), but it'll take me a bit longer before I can have a final product ready to ship to anyone. I asked my Chemistry dept. at school and I can probably anodise a few of these as well (means I can make it slightly larger too - better heatsinking!), but I've not done it before so results may vary (again, that's what prototypes are for). Once I've got a nice design that works well, I'll post back on here and if anyone needs a heat-sink for the new style Dorcy then I can make a small batch. If several people want them, it will probably be more practical for them to be made on a CNC machine, probably by Ehgemus, and shipped from the US rather than me. I'd be happy to share designs if it helps, that would save the time it would take to ship a new-style Dorcy to a machinist (unless they live within driving distance).

Asherz

That's very kind of you Charlie, cheers :)

And I can't believe I didn't think of Ehegumes, he is also a great machinist, hopefully he'll also be up for making some heatsinks :)

Pretty easy, even dull, on the most part. Maths 1 (iGCSE) and DT Core were both jokes- 98% and 94% respectively, having finished with over half an hour to spare after checking through. I've only got a few back so far, but I don't expect any low marks (Geography will be my lowest, I suspect). Have you done mocks/"live exams" recently?

daguin

A flashlight will be on its way to Ehgumus in the morning.

One step at a time

Peace,
dave

Any word from tommii89 if Dorcy still might be giving us those original dorcy's.
Is tommii89 still not well?

I sure would like to know what to do?
If I have dave send me my Dorcy now. I might not be able do anything, if we do get our hands on the originals.
If we do get them, we could have a drawing to see who might get one of the 11.

I now have been to 3 targets and 2 sporting goods stores. With no luck finding any of the dorcy jr's:(
I did see one of the new style dorcy's and now see how much of a problem having a heatsink fitted would be.

If we wont be getting any of the originals from dorcy. I might as well have dave send me the host and heatsink and see if charliebruce or Ehgemus can work out a decent solution down the road.

daguin

Any word from tommii89 if Dorcy still might be giving us those original dorcy's.
Is tommii89 still not well?
I sure would like to know what to do?
If I have dave send me my Dorcy now. I might not be able do anything, if we do get our hands on the originals.
If we do get them, we could have a drawing to see who might get one of the 11.
I now have been to 3 targets and 2 sporting goods stores. With no luck finding any of the dorcy jr's:(
I did see one of the new style dorcy's and now see how much of a problem having a heatsink fitted would be.
If we wont be getting any of the originals from dorcy. I might as well have dave send me the host and heatsink and see if charliebruce or Ehgemus can work out a decent solution down the road.

I have not heard anything from Tommi. I'm hoping he gets well soon. I have not been reimbursed for any of the shipping costs and I have 8 more shipments to go :(

Peace,
dave

ZheolD

he checked the forums yesterday. and i had no luck at target today the flashlight sections Bare hardly anything at all

Cheers
Josh

If anyone really wants an original my target has 6 left as of yesterday I can pick them up for people if needed no extra charge over the light and shipping. let me know if I can help

Dave, Thanks for your help! I'm really confused atm... I really need these as hosts... so using them as flashlights are not exactly an option. We have payed for the original DJr's has anyone contacted Dorcy to see if they can do anything for us? The 11 originals can not really cover the 28 we ordered. Dorcy is a pretty big company and mass produce their own torches, can't a run of 17 extra originals be done... after all they provided a sample of their product and did not supply the same product as the sample.. (btw yes I understand Dorcys situation... but its the principal) I'm happy to pay for shipping to and from Dave in exchange for the originals. Therefore Barry would not have to make new heat sinks and everyone else is happy.

-Adrian