Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLens GB #2 Interest_sign-up

WOW !!! Looks like a GB is around the corner !!!! Thanx Paul/Chris !!!!!!! Everyone !!!
We are in the Red Zone now !!!
Hmmmmm…." Niagara Falls....Niagara Falls....Step by step....inch by inch " haha
CDBeam

Is this still correct ?????? ALMOST THERE !!!

CDBEAM 10
Paul1598419 2
RedCowboy 5
Trinh Hong Phuoc 3
Icecruncher 2
Light Superglue 10
Absolute 2
Bowtieguy 1
Parona85 1
Shotgundrums 3
Alaskan 6

Total 45

Minimum Order = 50 sets

Hmmmm...This has been such a " L O N G " Group Buy....I think I answered some questions via PM.....As to size....Maybe not ??? They have some larger....not smaller that I know of....In other words...they have the code program to make this size.....SO....That cost is not to be incurred because they have the code.....NOW....they CAN make custome shapes....but....then we pay more.

SO....this GB was started 12.7.2018....SO....I better get with the manufacture to verify the price is correct !!!!

CDBeam

Last edited:
Has it really been that long? Damn! I hope the price has not gone up appreciably.

I do not think the price will have gone up....or...if it did....very little....er....after all ….. 3/4 of the mass of Earth is sand !!! Lota that to go around !! BUT Scheisse !!! ..It is China New Year Holiday starting this FRIDAY.....10 Days of merriment and celebration…...Nobody works !!!

CDBeam

Chinese, see how they are, take money from their customers all year long and then go on holiday! At this point, what's a little more time :)

Everyone who does business with the Chinese knows they go out for the Lunar New Year at this time every single year. If this is your first time going through this then that is your fault, not theirs. This happens every year.

The company I work for has dealt with China manufacture since 1985. No ….not new....The Lunar New Year celebrations...two weeks...just something to work around....and... a little....over the top....then again.....maybe they have it right......for it is the major time for family reunions and special Holiday foods. Think about it though....from mid December till a week after New Years....our (USA) normal business pattern is in a major disruption !!!.....or not normal for sure !!

The Chinese have a very, very different approach to business...it revolves around relationships.....and " Saving Face ".....both areas of critical importance....likely more important than profit. Just different. But....If one wants to do business with China...That is the way it is !!! In my dealings with the China Optical manufactures....NO REPLY....means....we cannot or do not want to supply..Sometimes...it is frustrating !!!

CDBeam

Last edited:
OK...Updated list...

CDBEAM 10
Paul1598419 2
RedCowboy 5
Trinh Hong Phuoc 3
Icecruncher 2
Light Superglue 10
Absolute 2
Bowtieguy 1
Parona85 1
Shotgundrums 3
Alaskan 6
Mattronium 1

Total 46

FOUR MORE SETS NEEDED !!

Also...for now...the Supplier has not replied !! The Chineese Lunar New Year Holiday has been extended.....Manufacturing still down !!! Scarry Times !!
CDBeams

I haven't built a hobby laser since my shop was broken into and cleaned out while I was in California, working with Paramount on laser shots for a Star Trek movie. That's why I stopped coming to this forum so long ago. You can put me down for 3 sets if it'll help your GB move along.

OK...Updated list...Again today

CDBEAM 10
Paul1598419 2
RedCowboy 5
Trinh Hong Phuoc 3
Icecruncher 2
Light Superglue 10
Absolute 2
Bowtieguy 1
Parona85 1
Shotgundrums 3
Alaskan 6
Mattronium 1
Bob_Boyce 3

Total 49 !!!!

Who's gonna punch this over the top !!!!!! Need 50 sets

THEN....we wait till this VERY scary Virus situations cools off. I still have no rely from China....Lunar New Year extended....Plants not open...The World waits and watches.....Bad timing for us.....Shear terror for them !!…

CDBeam

Coonie

Heck I might as well get one set. These are the cylindrical lenses for beam correction right?

Yes, Mr. C….These are for Beam Correction. They will Multiple the Slow Axis of our LD's ...so as to approach a much improves X =Y aspect ratio. These are the Cylindrical lenses I have been using...for years to correct our unruly Multimode diodes. For me....they are a size easy to handle and position then fix/epoxy the optics. They correct the beam from a bar....to a round cornered rectangle...NOT a perfect square....but a fair square.

OK....we have FINALLY reached the minimum order point !!! 50 sets !!!! Time to "Hammer the Beam" !!! Thanx to ALL !!!!!!

CDBEAM 10
Paul1598419 2
RedCowboy 5
Trinh Hong Phuoc 3
Icecruncher 2
Light Superglue 10
Absolute 2
Bowtieguy 1
Parona85 1
Shotgundrums 3
Alaskan 6
Mattronium 1
Bob_Boyce 3
Coonie 1

OK....I will continue my attempts to reach the manufacture in China. Considering the uncertainty over there..... this should be …..er....challenging !!
I will let this settle for 7 days....in case we have any " late to the party " members. Once the door is closed...It is CLOSED !!

Please verify on this thread your current commitment....and I will start to update the list with that status. I will try to get the current price. I assume there is no price increase but will advise on this thread ASAP. We now have 14 members participating in this Group Buy.

FYI....This will be the last time I do this GB thing. It is a lot of work....and always somewhat nerve racking !!! Although....we purchase thru Alibaba....so.....the Manufacture's payment is held in escrow by Alibaba until I advise the goods have been received by me.

Lets roll,
CDBeam

LightSmith Hammering the Beam RED 2.png

Coonie

I'm willing to wait for the virus outbreak to settle too so no hurry. I'll put the money aside