Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Choose Raffle Prize & Price (update)

Choose the raffle prize and price!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Re: Choose a raffle prize (on behalf of Glenn)

If at all possible, I will get some 2nd and 3rd prizes donated as well, but so far, there is no guarantee of extra prizes. To give away either or both lasers would require enough $ in tickets sold to have the drawing of course, so each would need about $740 or so raised.
BTW, the poll says t will be 'till 3/7 but I may decide a lot sooner than that, please vote soon, if you are doing to get in on a raffle! -Glenn

Last edited:

cmak

for the "portable" hosts, I think most users would appreciate the PGL-III-M as it is a smaller, more durable, in-general "nicer" host (it's the DL "Spartan") as apposed to the PGL-III-C's (aka DL "Hulk Ultra", LG "Aries").

Also, I have come to the conclusion that the new 589nm Yellow lasers that are replacing the 593.5nm's are definitely better (more stable, available in higher output powers, etc.), and are also a lot cheaper & more powerful on the higher end (>20mW). However, it also seems that on the lower end (0.6-10mw), they are a LOT more expensive than the "old" 593.5nm's. Here's the pricing in your (Glenn's) recently-closed CNI GB #7: Yellow Pens:
GLP-589nm-0.6-1mW/Unit USD390.00
GLP-589nm-2mW/Unit USD455.00
GLP-589nm-5mW/Unit USD635.00

I don't know how much the 593.5nm's would cost with GB-discount prices (they weren't offered in GB7) but I am more than positive that they are going to be a LOT cheaper than the equivalent 589nm. Also, I believe that (although I personally prefer the GLP-CR2's) the 593.5nm's are available in both the GLP-AAA and the GLP-CR2 hosts (aka DL "Viper" and DL "Aurora")

to sum up, I think you should do a 2mW or 5mW 593.5nm simply because it'll be a lot cheaper, and if you're going to put any of these lasers into a PGL host, try to do a PGL-III-M if it fits.

peace & thanks
-cmak

Last edited:

I can ask CNI, but so far, the 589 nm is only ava. in the PGL III or a pen style at <5 mW. -Glenn

ALL THE ABOVE!!!!!! im in for whatever!!!! i will of course donate some xtra prizes of value....

I'm in ;) and I'm sure I have something to donate to the cause :san:

DJNY

I really like LPF :D

I'm in at those prices. Also I will be donating to the raffle.

Thank you -Adrian

I vote for 50mW pen only. I need nothing more to make my 'can die happy' event :D

Although I see that there is more votes for 50mW blue and 40mW yellow combined with 9$ tickets.
So the winner gets both lasers?
That would require like what, 200 tickets?

OK, so, some self-appointed cop has said he'll shut down my PP and GC accounts to stop me from having an "Illegal Raffle" This means that I must cancel any such a plan. Or, leave it to others to stage. Sorry folks!
I will order any lasers for those who need them as before though. ;) -Glenn

Last edited:

OK, so, some self-appointed cop has said he'll shut down my PP and GC accounts to stop me from having an "Illegal Raffle" This means that I must cancel any such a plan. Sorry folks! -glenn
What?
How come?
And what exactly makes such raffles illegal?
And how does he know?

The internet is very public. I suggest you save a little at a time 'till you can just buy what you like. -GH

The internet is very public. I suggest you save a little at a time 'till you can just buy what you like. -GH
Saving up $700 can LITERARY take years for me.

It is simply not my day I guess.

But thank you for the effort and for sticking out your neck to help us! :)

Ya know the gov. is funny, for example, the Irish Sweepstakes also was not "legal", back in '61 when my grandfather won 2nd place for about $50K, but the gov. allowed him to keep the after tax ~$25K prize $ and for you young folks, that was enough to buy a Anaheim 3 bedroom 2 bath house back then, which now goes for $500,000 !!! Just shows you they will take part even when it's "wrong" according to them. -GH

Ya know the gov. is funny, for example, the Irish Sweepstakes also was not "legal", back in '61 when my grandfather won 2nd place for about $50K, but the gov. allowed him to keep the after tax ~$25K prize $ and for you young folks, that was enough to buy a Anaheim 3 bedroom 2 bath house back then, which now goes for $500,000 !!! Just shows you they will take part even when it's "wrong" according to them. -GH
Well damn,
I'd rather call off the raffle then give them bastards something.

BTW, if you think that THAT govt. is bad and unfair, better stay away from Croatian headlines.
You would not believe what kind of sh't is going on here.