Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheated by tomfire1735

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Ok, that is good news for us here. :p
Somehow, mine and H2Oxides avatars managed to get switched the other day. :D

GSS

Sta

So the other person does exist, did receive my 561, and is not interested in a package exchange. This is infuriating, because I may be permanently unable to acquire a 561 now. :mad:

If you have a 561 and are even potentially interested in selling it, please PM me. I will pay your price.

So the other person does exist, did receive my 561, and is not interested in a package exchange. This is infuriating, because I may be permanently unable to acquire a 561 now. :mad:

If you have a 561 and are even potentially interested in selling it, please PM me. I will pay your price.

That sucks, Sta. Who got your laser if you don't mind me asking, was it someone on the forums?

Ever thought of buying from somewhere like CNI, maybe host a group buy if others are interested?

Razako

That's beyond messed up. And how did this tomfire dude actually manage to mix up the shipping info for the packages? You'd think he would pay attention if he was shipping lasers worth >$500. Is the other party a member here?

Last edited:
I'd like to know who received the 561 too, hard to believe someone would refuse to send it back, but I suppose there are jerks who would do that.

Honestly this whole thing makes no sense. Why would he send you the wrong laser knowing that you wouldn't pay him until you were satisfied? Not really sure what kind of scammer would do that. Certainly not a competent scammer..

Plot twist: perhaps there never was a 561, (it was only used as a bait to garner quick interest) and the 589 sent to the OP was stolen? Not much made after postage I'm sure but still a quick buck. Who knows the OP and all of the other assholes on the forum using fake names could have quite a racket going.

CrazyJay was very elaborate in his posts although I always from the get go thought his "I was robbed in the night" thread was utter bullshit. I rarely say anything in the public domain, although my suspicions almost always turn out to be right, and I occasionally tip the mods to something that may be bugging me.

Heck: Maybe CrazyJay really was robbed, got it all back via an insurance claim, and the 589 the OP got was stolen . CrazyJay was based in Australia, along with some other guy TonyT or something? o.0 lots of coincidences going on here and I don't like coincidences...

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Heck: Maybe CrazyJay really was robbed, got it all back via an insurance claim, and the 589 the OP got was stolen . CrazyJay was based in Australia, along with some other guy TonyT or something? o.0 lots of coincidences going on here and I don't like coincidences...

Other than trying to compare the IP addresses, Sta could check the email address used for the payment and also the shippers address on the packet. The scammers thread has this info on Tonyt.

This is why I was hoping Sta might send me the info, or update the thread himself. If he comes back, people can check first before making any purchases, or sending out any lasers. ;) :beer:

Last edited:

Sta

From what I have heard, the person who received the laser is not a member of this forum.

It is indeed an outrage. The incompetence and stupidity of this moron, coupled with the refusal to enact a package exchange, may have permanently denied me one of the nicest wavelengths.

I find it unlikely that my laser is stolen - someone who stole a laser would be unlikely to understand the wavelength or any of its characteristics.

Grainde, I will send you the information as soon as I can.

My call for a 561 offer still stands.

:mad:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

So wait! Does this mean that Isaac Clark really did have some inside guy(i think that's the term he used) That got him a 561.

As for 561 I may know someone that had one Ill ping him and see if he will Chime in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sta

Sta

So wait! Does this mean that Isaac Clark really did have some inside guy(i think that's the term he used) That got him a 561.

Af for 561 I may know someone that had one Ill ping him and see if he will Chime in.

It does appear that he had an inside man somewhere. I don't know how he could have gotten so many exotic wavelengths otherwise.

And many thanks for contacting someone. :beer:

94Z28

By the way, anyone can hack anyones password here. All passwords in a factory SQL type board will be stored into a SQL database, unless they're a pretty skilled hacker to penetrate the SQL database and make a copy of it; then decrypt the method used to store the passwords into the SQL data they would have every password here.

Also, to edit the forums via a "Hack" would be simple via a SQL injection, or to take another super-user's account login.

It's all possible, just watch your-self; never use same password twice but always something you can remember.

Also, this guy obviously has been up to no good; but what EXACT proof do we have that he IS Isaac_Clarke? Did we match ISP, IP Address, E-Mails, PayPal accounts or anything via an Admin checking database?

All of his "Who wants cheap hosts, diodes, heat sinks, blah blah i can supply just wait" were what made me immediately call "pics or bullshit!"

Last edited:
By the way, anyone can hack anyones password here. All passwords in a factory SQL type board will be stored into a SQL database, unless they're a pretty skilled hacker to penetrate the SQL database and make a copy of it; then decrypt the method used to store the passwords into the SQL data they would have every password here.

Also, to edit the forums via a "Hack" would be simple via a SQL injection, or to take another super-user's account login.

It's all possible, just watch your-self; never use same password twice but always something you can remember.

They'd have to have the database address and port, which are probably not forwarded and walled off by a firewall. It's also near impossible to decrypt a properly hashed and salted password.

94Z28

They'd have to have the database address and port, which are probably not forwarded and walled off by a firewall. It's also near impossible to decrypt a properly hashed and salted password.

IF the database is properly hashed and salted, you mean... sure it is difficult to decrypt without some decent CPU power but possible.

Also, the database information is going to be available server side; because the forum always has a connection to the database. All a hacker needs is to perform a SQL Injection type hack and get super-user access to the forum, this would give them access to the database and such. This isn't something an ever-day coder could or would do;

Just saying; It IS possible. There are many vulnerabilities out there in code.

Hope you get it all figured out Sta!

Last edited:
IF the database is properly hashed and salted, you mean... sure it is difficult to decrypt without some decent CPU power but possible.

Also, the database information is going to be available server side; because the forum always has a connection to the database. All a hacker needs is to perform a SQL Injection type hack and get super-user access to the forum, this would give them access to the database and such. This isn't something an ever-day coder could or would do;

Just saying; It IS possible. There are many vulnerabilities out there in code.

Hope you get it all figured out Sta!

No web admin would put database info available to public eyes, they'd most likely have the config files behind some permissions.

The forum doesn't always have a connection either, only when someone is hitting a PHP script. The vulnerabilities are very slim. Sure it's possible, but it's extremely difficult and probably wouldn't even be worth it.

Even with massive CPU power, I don't think you could decrypt it. You'd need to brute force the frontend. It's basically impossible to decrypt salted hashes.

Sorry to de-rail the thread. :p

Edit: Just to prevent further de-rail, I'll just edit this post. On your next post you linked security vulnerabilities for vBulliten, but keep in mind what the uses for them are. Look at the "gained access level" rating of each one, and notice that each say "none" except for one which indicates "user". Nothing substantial. If there's one that gives admin access then I'll stand corrected but I have yet to come across anything close.

Last edited:

94Z28

No web admin would put database info available to public eyes, they'd most likely have the config files behind some permissions.

The forum doesn't always have a connection either, only when someone is hitting a PHP script. The vulnerabilities are very slim. Sure it's possible, but it's extremely difficult and probably wouldn't even be worth it.

Even with massive CPU power, I don't think you could decrypt it. You'd need to brute force the frontend. It's basically impossible to decrypt salted hashes.

Sorry to de-rail the thread. :p

Should have said MySQL is always listening for connections from the forum if you needed it put that way for clarity.

Also, vulnerabilities aren't slim especially on well-used code like vBulletin,
https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-8142/Vbulletin.html

and nobody said anything about database information being publicly viewed; I said if you get super-user access you would be able to see the database information; nonetheless I can assure you this is possible and I won't reply again on the topic sorry OP!