Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Casio XJ-A140 for $1375...must i buy?

blrock

I can get a casio XJ-A140 for $1375 in my country South Africa....I'm sooo tempted to buy it. I know they are $900 in the US but I can't find any company in the US that will export them...
I've already ordered the Artic from WL but I'd love to have blue diodes to play with.

What to do?

24 class 4 445nm diodes for $1375 is still a sweet deal in my book, especially when you consider that 2 months ago they were selling for $400-500 each.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to have someone in the US buy one and reship it for you?

Xer0

It would be even cheaper when shipped by Borderlinx.
Just search an UK/US shop which ships to Africa. 100USD shipping are realistic i think.

// Do you get free Vuvuzelas when you buy it here?

Burnsy

Also: Do you need the whole projector or just some diodes?
Maybe there will also be a GB here with the A140 diodes...

just buy some diodes, there should a few for sale in buy,sell,trade board soon or enter a group buy like said above.
besides,do you really need 24 diodes or just a few?

edit*
misread something:p

Last edited:
Revising my original idea, I would have someone in the US buy the projector and just harvest and mail along the diode array, you could probably get it shipped for less than $950.

blrock

It would be even cheaper when shipped by Borderlinx.
Just search an UK/US shop which ships to Africa. 100USD shipping are realistic i think.

// Do you get free Vuvuzelas when you buy it here?

Vuvuzelas..ha ha. I got a few of those. Gave them away after watching a few games here.

Do you know of any US/UK shops that ship to South Africa?

I woudl like to use the projector before I stripped the diodes. Just curious about the picture quality etc

Although knowing myself I'd probably use it for 5 minutes then pull the covers off :)

Xer0

Wondering about the real projection too. didnt see any picture of that yer.
Their full system lifespan is damn short :D :D

Nah, no clue. im in Germany and we have only 7 Shops atm which sell them. only 3 in stock

I would be willing to buy the system and take the array out and send you the array. I would make sure to use ESD protection and such. They have the projector on Newegg for $850 shipped, then whatever it costs me to ship to you.

I just looked at shipping, and I could probably ship it for only $30, and that is global express. So with fees I could probably ship you the whole a140 array for $920.

blrock

I just looked at shipping, and I could probably ship it for only $30, and that is global express. So with fees I could probably ship you the whole a140 array for $920.

Doing something like that would be a good idea,,,

However, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but I've bought laser stuff on LPF before (spend around $250 on a 2 watt red, collamating optics etc) and I never ever receive my goods. I got some goof tracking number and the issue was never resolved. I even phoned USPS and was told the tracking number was from some old parcle. I lost $250. I won't mention any names..

So you can understand I'm a little wary of doing that. I'd prefer buying directly from a company.

But thanks for the offer :)

That's understandable. Did you pay through paypal though? We could even do it through ebay so you would have that buyer protection also. This is obviously a last resort if you can't find a company. Good luck with your search, and if you'd like to go this way, let me know.

Asherz

Doing something like that would be a good idea,,,

However, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but I've bought laser stuff on LPF before (spend around $250 on a 2 watt red, collamating optics etc) and I never ever receive my goods. I got some goof tracking number and the issue was never resolved. I even phoned USPS and was told the tracking number was from some old parcle. I lost $250. I won't mention any names..

So you can understand I'm a little wary of doing that. I'd prefer buying directly from a company.

But thanks for the offer :)

Go with a reputable member then, not some randomer with <100 posts.