Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Carrying Case

Kenom

Uhh those cases you linked WRM are a bit too spendy for the same thing you get from pelican. I've got one of these it's big enough to house my aries as well as lots of pens and my grooves for $35

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

I think you guys need some reading glasses...

Ideally, I don't want a hard-sided case (a la a pistol case or the cases you see from LaserGlow). I want something soft-sided, like the CD cases you see that zip up and hold the CDs in sleeves. Just big enough to hold the pens securely, with a little padding, but not much is necessary since I'm a very careful person. Then maybe it would have elastic to hold the pens, or some other unique system to hold the pointers. All my pointers have pocket clips except one, so I could work something out for it if the case used the pocket clips.?

^That would be great for a hard case, but I want a soft case ;)

Uhh those cases you linked WRM are a bit too spendy for the same thing you get from pelican. I've got one of these it's big enough to house my aries as well as lots of pens and my grooves for $35

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

Now that is the real deal, I just love the pick en pluck foam.

I suggest at the bass proshop...

a carring case used for fly fishing their is more foam, velcro strap, camofluaged ... better than the ^^ mentioned without hard sides... IMHO...:)

the pelican box is really the way to go though...

If you have a local art or hobby shop that sells painting supplies, they make a soft, multipocket "brush roll" (very similar to the knife roll above) however each pocket has a half-tube (like a c-shaped cross-section) to offer the brushes protection from flexing,etc - the ones I have seen will fit standard 9" artists brushes and that would be almost perfect for your lasers, plus you get the best of both worlds - hardshell protection in a softshell package.

If you have a local art or hobby shop that sells painting supplies, they make a soft, multipocket "brush roll" (very similar to the knife roll above) however each pocket has a half-tube (like a c-shaped cross-section) to offer the brushes protection from flexing,etc - the ones I have seen will fit standard 9" artists brushes and that would be almost perfect for your lasers, plus you get the best of both worlds - hardshell protection in a softshell package.

Hey, now this is sounding good as well, I'll have to check out the hobby shop. A couple of great ideas for soft cases in here.

---------------------------------------

And as far as hard cases everyone keeps talking about, I know those are "the best", and I also know how to select good ones. (I routinely fly on US airlines with my shotguns, and when flying, the shotguns in the case are worth a combined $10,000. So I fully understand the importance of a good hard case, which is why my shotgun hardcase is a ~$500 case.) But I'm just looking for something smaller, lighter, less bulky, something I can stick in my laptop case or bookbag maybe, or just generally carry around easier than a hard case that needs a handle. And I've gotten some good ideas here, as well.

Those knife and piantbrush rolls are both sounding like good ideas, and the half-circles to keep the brushes from getting crushed are a good idea also. I could make some from PVC pipe for any of the other rolls. Thanks for the ideas everybody, and the hard case advice is good as well for anyone looking for a hard case for their lasers.

Just as a parallel/metaphor to what I'm talking about here: When I need the protection of a hard case for my shotguns, I use one like this:

prefam.jpg

But when I'm out and about and using my shotgun, I carry it around in a case like this:

bwh817.jpg

I'm all set on cases like the first one for me lasers, I'm just after the parallel to the soft "gunboy" case, that I can use for the lasers when I want smaller and lighter more than I want extra shock protection.

Whaaa? "When I'm out and about and using my shotgun..."

Your name makes so much more sense now.

Note to self: NEVER piss off Pullbangdead.

Kenom

oh I know he was referring to a soft case and not a hard. I was just showing that to the posting by WRM.

If you want the best of the best for cases, get a Pelican. Take this from a guy that has to use gun cases everyday. Pelicans hold up to some crazy abuse and are of very high quality.

http://www.pelican.com/home.php

Absolutely correct and that is how I started using Pelican myself. You can also safely lock them down tight when in transit or for storage, trust me I have tested them in some real nasty conditions and have never had one fail ever and I have around 15 of them.

Whaaa? "When I'm out and about and using my shotgun..."

Your name makes so much more sense now.

Note to self: NEVER piss off Pullbangdead.

LOL.

I shoot sporting clays competitively. You can look up what sporting clays is about, but it's often described as "golf with a shotgun". It's generally a long course, usually around 12 to 14 "stations" comprising a round of 100 clay targets. The course may be a mile or 2 long, and a round may be up to 3 hours long, and so a soft pouch with a shoulder sling is perfect for carrying a shotgun around for a few hours. Carry it between stations, get it out and shoot the 6 or 8 targets at that station, and move on to the next station.

As far as my name: you say "pull" to call for the target, the clay pigeon leaves the machine and flies through the air, you shoot at it "bang", and when you hit it, the scorekeeper calls it "dead". Pull!....*Bang*....Dead target (since I hit them more often than not). Makes perfect sense. :D