Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Carrie Fisher died, age 60

Jhop

Princess Leia has returned to the force. :(

This year keeps taking them away.

So sad :(:(:(

It is sad. I'm glad they can still use her in the movies though. She died young.

Sad, my guess was a heart attack, then found it in the news. My father used to date her mother.

BobMc

Princess Laya, heartthrob of my younger years. 60, she was as old as I am. It's a trip we're all going to make. I sure hope she was ready. 60's not that old, just ask me I'll tell you. So sad :yabbem::yabbem:

Last edited:
60 is not old, unless you are young, of course... then they think so, until they get there. I'm 60 in less than a year and don't feel old.

very sad day in Cinematic history.
I feel like going to see rouge one again tonight.
She was taking a lot of medications and I am guessing that
One of those may have damaged her heart. Either way a very sad day.
She was our princess of hope. May she join Obiwan in the force.

What will happen to Ep8 and Ep9?

Jhop

I was wondering that too, Hopefully they finished shooting her parts in ep8. As for 9, they will either write her parts to very minimal and use CG for her like they did in rogue one, or just write her out completly

Hi,
Very sad indeed we will always remember her , her health was failing for a while and she was a real heavy drinker so that didn't help her at all. God bless her she was great.
Also on a sad note George Micheals also past in the end he was about 300 lbs. and had a massive heart attack. Heroin didn't help him either not a good choice for long life.

Rich:)

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Let us all raise our lightsabers in salute :gh:

Of all the celebrity deaths that I've heard as of late, this one sucks the worst! :(

Damn. This one sticks with me the most of all of them this year. Rest in Peace Carrie and may the Force be with you. :can:

Last edited:
Sad, watching news reports and short clips of her acting, I never knew the woman, probably was never within 100 miles of her, yet saddened. I was actually depressed for a few hours today over this, the last entertainer I felt that much loss over was Karen Carpenter.

Last edited:

Encap

Sad, my guess was a heart attack, then found it in the news. My father used to date her mother.

Interestng that your father dated Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher's mother. Was that before she became famous or after?

Her mother Debbie Reynolds died today one day after her daughter died. Unfortunate and very unusual as well.

Last edited:
I didn't know about her mother until seeing what you just wrote. Unfortunately, I don't have more details about his dating her mother. Was well known in the family but I never bothered to ask anything about it before he died.