Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Careful Who You Sell To and How You Sell!!!

I just seen the pic with the gun that's a little over the top maybe the guy was drunk or something you know how alcohol makes people do
strange things, in January a drunk girl ran into us and totaled our car so stupid shit happens when alcohol is involved sometimes.

As far as I can tell all this talk is not getting SBA his funds back let me see if I can do any thing to help, $350.00 is a lot to take on the
nose and all this boo hooing back and forth is doing nothing to solve anything, dose any one know if matty58 is on a temp or a perma ban ???

Sometimes a little sugar works better that a 2x4 when your trying to get a jackass to do something.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f59/ban-information-thread-74624-2.html#post1191783

He had PMed me prior to getting Banned...
I tried to steer him in the right direction but he has
as hard a head as SBA...

I can't see him giving any $$$ back just for spite..:cryyy:

I know that if I was racked over the coals like he was
in the 3 threads the $$$ would stay in my pockets for
good.

Jerry

Last edited:

LaZeRz

I just seen the pic with the gun that's a little over the top maybe the guy was drunk or something you know how alcohol makes people do
strange things, in January a drunk girl ran into us and totaled our car so stupid shit happens when alcohol is involved sometimes.

Him being an alcoholic is even more of a reason for paypal not to believe anything he has been saying.

Last edited:

sinner

This sucks, I am so sorry you had to go through such troubles with him. I totally agree with your thread title too..
It all depends on WHO you're selling to, In most of the cases we're all very much in touch with each other through the forum discussions, and I for one, Never had a single problem with selling anything to the regular members of the forum. Because above all, they respect each other.

I hate it when a noob makes a mess, we all have to clean it..

I'll send some money i owe you for the lens, + some $$$ for the relief funds!

I hope everybody would contribute to the relief fund , We can stick togather and no one will have to take a fall for a noob!

Thanks!

If you guys would contribute to MY Relief fund you
wouldn't have enough money to buy any Lasers for
years to come.... :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Jerry

LaZeRz

Don't worry Jerry, as soon as I win the lotto i'll contribute to your relief fund. :D

This sucks, I am so sorry you had to go through such troubles with him. I totally agree with your thread title too..
It all depends on WHO you're selling to, In most of the cases we're all very much in touch with each other through the forum discussions, and I for one, Never had a single problem with selling anything to the regular members of the forum. Because above all, they respect each other.

I hate it when a noob makes a mess, we all have to clean it..

I'll send some money i owe you for the lens, + some $$$ for the relief funds!

I hope everybody would contribute to the relief fund , We can stick togather and no one will have to take a fall for a noob!

Thanks!

Thank you Sinner. That's very generous. I think you have my email. If not, PM me.

As far as this guy getting back on the forums, that's not my choice, but if it matters to those who make that decision, he set up 3 different yahoo emails last night exclusively to troll me about giving away free money, threatening to sue me as a dad who I supposedly sold a laser to a 12 yr old, etc...

I can't believe this is the behavior of a grown man of 60yrs!

He stole from me, he's threatened me, and now he's constantly harassing me...WTF did I ever do??

LaZeRz

It's a shame what people will go to for a bit of money. I hope you get your money back, and his paypal account suspended.

Last edited:

Laik

I know what to do. Close this thread and just ignore him. He is not going to take legal action. We shouldn't fuel his enjoyment by letting him see all of us get upset over his childish behavior. He is just a keyboard warrior, he thinks he is tough because he is saying all this behind a screen.

It's not up to me to close a thread. But, as someone mentioned before, there is valuable information in this thread for those who are thinking of selling lasers.

This thread doesn't necessarily need to focus on matty, but at least someone is getting something from this thread.

As it is, from now on, every single thing I ship will require a signature from this point forward.

Thank you Jordan. I learned that right away. It won't happen like that again.

Oh, and BTW...he made a new account, after getting banned to come here and rub my nose in it.
New account after banned? Man that blows. Can't the Mods just kick his A** back out?
And, Paypal (as is EBAY) is definitely buyer friendly only. They couldn't care less about sellers anymore. I've been a seller with 100% feedback for over 12 years and have gotten screwed by Paypal twice. It wasn't like this until the "Wicked Witch of the West" Meg Whitman (spent 300 mil of her own money to run for Gov of CA (and lost :) ) took over at Ebay and changed it from a nice place to sell to her own version of Amazon. She may be gone but her awful policies now are the law. Sucks big time.
I would still try to pursue this. That's a lot of money to lose to a scumbag thief.

Thanks, geek. He was banned again. It's easy enough for the mods to track his ip address.
Things are tough out there for us. Basically, it's going to come down to people sending me cashier's checks or money orders to do business. They'll just have to rely on the good o'l fashioned anti-fraud laws and postal regulations.

I'll leave PayPal to the folks that I trust enough to leave myself exposed, such as the fine veteran members here.

As far as pursuing this issue, I'm doing several things about it. We'll see what pans out.

Many, many years ago, there were no credit checks or complicated hoops to jump through. There was a handshake and your "Word". Honor meant something. It is a shame that this is where we are now :(

Stay Safe All & Happy Lasing :D

~ LB

Every member here will be willing to accept a money order. I think they would be nuts not to.

Also as Hakzaw pointed out many times, the protection afforded a transaction through a money order is far greater. Though it would be a true cut and dry legal matter, with the immediate involvement of authorities, as opposed to a private entity like poopal.

Wow, i read the first thread about this, and this really sucks. Sorry you had the misfortune of dealing with this SBA.

I still remember the class action lawsuit against paypal. With alternatives popping up, they will hopefully have to change or go down.

Thanks Chaos. I do hope PooPal will change their ways. In the mean time, I am changing mine.