Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CajunLasers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhd

Actually went to order something to give this a shot -

$14 order

Shipping to Canada: $13.25 (for wire and a diode press tool)

Really? That should be $2 postage.

$14 order

Um no. That's what a small flat rate box runs plus a little for packaging. We went through this the first time you ordered lenses from me remember? $13.25 is fairly close to what I charge as well for international orders.

I'll ship international stuff first class mail only if buyers ABSOLUTELY insist on it but I in no way will refund if it never shows up since tracking on first class flats and parcels is pretty much non-existent. Paypal seller protection also requires you to ship via a trackable means as well.. and first class mail doesn't qualify. The cheapest way to meet paypal's criteria is a small flat rate box, which is $12.

So yeah advertising these as 2W diodes is wrong, but this seller can't be faulted for a $13 international shipping rate. Unless of course he charges that but still ships first class anyway, but in which case he couldn't fight a paypal dispute either.

$14 order

That's most likely a Zencart thing, I had a hell of a time getting international shipping quotes work correctly with zencart. I was still never able to get it to work properly and had to setup a "best guess" by weighing every item and setting up shipping rates for weight ranges.

what did the $13 option show up as during checkout?
I had a propblem on my ZC where it would show the user priority, and EMS shipping but wouldn't give them the first class option.
just message clif about it.

for a flat rate small box or envelope it would be $13, but if you mail it in a small envelope like i use and ship it first class international it would be about $2

Last edited:
RHD, I almost always agree with you, but... :) I'm with the other guys here, it's most likely a default shipping option with the software that's just picking the default tracking option for international orders.

International shipping with tracking costs suck. It kills me to pay that much for shipping from someone on the same landmass as me. I get it if it's coming all the way around the world, but crap.

yeah i told you it would happen. If people don't know you they will gang rape you.

This forum is tough on:
- New sellers with prices that are too high
- New sellers with prices that are too low (because they challenge the sales of old sellers with prices that are too high)
- Anyone who points out that prices are too high
- Anyone who replies in defense of their prices (because they're being defensive)
- Anyone who replies to those replies (because now they're just "crapping" on a sales thread)

About the only people this forum isn't tough on, are old grumpy sellers with prices that are too high, and no remaining innovative spirit to speak of.

That said, it is what it is. If you don't like it, go elsewhere. Trying to impose a mentality on a community is rarely a good idea. You've got to take LPF, warts and all.

Wow,

This is without a doubt the least friendly message board I have ever had the misfortune of posting on.

@DAGUIN I only commented on the SERVICE not the product, I said I would update once I receive the product and write a review. For a moderator you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension, or you're just a dick.

@InfinitusEquitas - See above, I didn't mention the product, only the service. Again, please make an effort to read and comprehend the post before jumping to the post button.

I apologize if my post appeared to be spam, but I was elated at the degree of service I received, such service is hard to find, even more so over the Internet communicating with a stranger.

For f*cks sake dave you're supposed to be an example for the board, why teach newer members the proper way to communicate is with argumentative content and personal attacks?

Because of the responses I've found here I will not be returning to the board. This is the poorest example of board management I've ever seen, it appears to be a closed community open only to those in click with the senior members. You all should really consider this when you're responding to a newbie's thread. Then again, perhaps you shouldn't, because from the outside looking in it appears you want only the people already active to be present on your board.

To a moderator: I would like my account to be deleted. Please and thank you.

:banned:

I say it doesn't matter as we all know what these diodes are. I see a 2W build pop up every day.

Clif, just add a < symbol in front of the 2W and then people can't bitch about it any more.

I don't see how it's misleading. These diodes ARE capable of reaching 2W, except for the ones that aren't efficient enough, in which case he stated at the top of this chart that they vary.

It's not as if he's advertising a 4W diode and charging $200 for it.

You all know exactly what he's selling, and he's selling it cheaper than modwerx,HTD,LSP, and stonetek.
Also, Stonetek's diode is listed as "Nichia 2+ WATT + 445nm A-140 diode ! BRILLIANT BLUE !" but I don't see your panties in a bunch over it.

You're all just looking for shit to nitpick at.

Sometimes I am really embarrassed by you guys--The guy is just trying to eek out a living in a bad econmy and does not deserve this bashing.

I was surprized no one wanted to burn him at the stake for double posting.

You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

so.. let the hak bashing begin- maybe you will leave Clif in peace.

I hear he has exceptional customer service and is a super quick shipper who stands behind what he sells-- how the hell can you put a pricetag on that???
I agree with Moh amd Chip- with the rest of you...not too much.

threadjackers and when did giving out neg rep for disagreeing with anothers opinon become OK???

rhd

This forum is tough on:
- New sellers with prices that are too high
- New sellers with prices that are too low (because they challenge the sales of old sellers with prices that are too high)
- Anyone who points out that prices are too high
- Anyone who replies in defense of their prices (because they're being defensive)
- Anyone who replies to those replies (because now they're just "crapping" on a sales thread)

About the only people this forum isn't tough on, are old grumpy sellers with prices that are too high, and no remaining innovative spirit to speak of.

That said, it is what it is. If you don't like it, go elsewhere. Trying to impose a mentality on a community is rarely a good idea. You've got to take LPF, warts and all.

Sometimes I am really embarrassed by you guys--The guy is just trying to eek out a living in a bad econmy and does not deserve this bashing.

Was I bashing Clif, or was I bashing us ?

:thinking:

daguin

I was surprized no one wanted to burn him at the stake for double posting.

You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

so.. let the hak bashing begin- maybe you will leave Clif in peace.

I hear he has exceptional customer service and is a super quick shipper who stands behind what he sells-- how the hell can you put a pricetag on that???
I agree with Moh amd Chip- with the rest of you...not too much.

threadjackers and when did giving out neg rep for disagreeing with anothers opinon become OK???

Why in the world would you pull up a month old thread to say this?
I don't really give a darn, but I am curious
Everyone, including Cliff, stopped arguing five weeks ago.

In any event IMNHO, you need to read the thread more carefully.

Respect is NOT a right and being "nice" is NOT a requirement

Peace,
dave

Was I bashing Clif, or was I bashing us ?

:thinking:
mmmm
I agree with most of that quote...about the last part not entirely.

They do make wart remover.

And the OP was not asking for a debate- just letting us know how things went so far and that he would add more later-- now he and Clif may not want to be here and you dont really know what kind of member they could have been.
I just got a phone call from a respected long time member he is afraid to come to Cajunlasers defence- I don blame him- this thread looks like mob mentality.

Just like anyone is free to join other laser forums we all are free to spend our money elsewhere. If you have never had any dealings with Clif then where do you get off with such negative posts and you expect him to not defend himself ....well thats easy to say when you are part of the mob rather than the guy on the ground getting kicked by the bullies.
And he did go back and change how he had some items listed.
He gets most of his inventory from other LPF members all in the USA.
I just dont get it. Does it make you feel better to do this.
I will start a new thread and maybe after you read it you will give Clif a chance.

^^^I don't agree with the Clif bashing, but I stand by everything I said about the OP.

In my opinion it is stupid to write a review for a service not yet completed.

I have successfully completed thousands of dollars worth of business with Clif which span the entire year.
I know his full name and where he is from off the top of my head.
He's a VERY nice person and I would not hesitate sending people his way. I have never even heard of an unsatisfied customer coming from Clif's direction. He goes out of his way to make people happy. He's gone through long lead times from me without one complaint when I know I would of been complaining if it were me waiting.
In fact, he's offered to wait on multiple occasions so that I could get items shipped out to you guys first.

He is not a 13 year old kid selling stuff from the basement and has done nothing to bring any question to his credibility. Every single one of his actions over the last ~10 months have done nothing but strengthen my opinion of him.

I know that respect isn't a right, but he has certainly earned mine.

rhd

I have now completed a purchase from Clif.

It was great, fast, easy, he was very accommodating of my non-US location. Great transaction. I'd purchase again for sure.

See--^^^^

if you take away all the BS and Clif is guilty of very little and he did make changes rather than take a negative stance for the most part.

see my review by proxy in the feedback forum.

I like the way he handles his customers.

GOOD Luck Clif!!!

len

Fiddy

I have successfully completed thousands of dollars worth of business with Clif which span the entire year.
I know his full name and where he is from off the top of my head.
He's a VERY nice person and I would not hesitate sending people his way. I have never even heard of an unsatisfied customer coming from Clif's direction. He goes out of his way to make people happy. He's gone through long lead times from me without one complaint when I know I would of been complaining if it were me waiting.
In fact, he's offered to wait on multiple occasions so that I could get items shipped out to you guys first.

He is not a 13 year old kid selling stuff from the basement and has done nothing to bring any question to his credibility. Every single one of his actions over the last ~10 months have done nothing but strengthen my opinion of him.

I know that respect isn't a right, but he has certainly earned mine.

I strongly agree with this!

It's really sad where this thread has gone. The customer posted nice things on his experience with Clif,why would you guys ruin his feedback by claiming that his post was spam? To the guys who bashed Clif, shame on you. I thought you were better than this :(

Guess what's left in this forum is pure drama. I'd rather choose a more expensive company who offers great service like Clif(although i havent dealt with him, i would 100% trust him from what I ve read.). Some people's responses here are totally unacceptable.

Peter

rhd

It's really sad where this thread has gone. The customer posted nice things on his experience with Clif,why would you guys ruin his feedback by claiming that his post was spam? To the guys who bashed Clif, shame on you. I thought you were better than this :(

Guess what's left in this forum is pure drama. I'd rather choose a more expensive company who offers great service like Clif(although i havent dealt with him, i would 100% trust him from what I ve read.). Some people's responses here are totally unacceptable.

Peter

Peter -

Hindsight is 20/20. It's one thing to look back and say "tisk tisk" now that we've had some more members, with more than 2 posts, chiming in with feedback.

But in the moment, you never have the benefit of your future self's hindsight. The forum saw a brand new member, with a random seeming name ("cjt00000") and zero post count, start a thread with wording that honest to god sounded exactly like any number of spam attempts we get here on a constant basis.

The forum got it wrong. This was a legitimate praise thread, and Clif (+ CajunLasers) have turned out to be a phenomenal resource. But that was not apparent at the time. Coupled with some of the questionable wording initially associated with 445 diodes on the site, as well as the issues re: people claiming business before the site was registered, there was a period of earning trust required.

But that period is behind us. It's done. I don't think there is any lingering doubt as to Clif or CajunLasers' authenticity or quality. At this stage it's easy to look back and point fingers - but that's silly. There was a perfect storm of unfortunate events that led to legitimate (at the time) concern. That concern doesn't retroactively become illegitimate just because we know better now.

Clif is awesome. CL is awesome. Let this thread die.

Status
Not open for further replies.