Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BobLaser(?) 405nm Pointer

Day said:
Well it seems the cats out of the bag, although he really shouldn't have told everyone the supplier, even though everyone knows who it is i think its best to do a GB for them, as it will spread the $25~ish shipping around, instead of everyone paying $25 for the first laser then like $2-3 each additional laser. I do think that sometime you get lemons but i think this is a really nice supplier, my contact always seems to find a way to save some money, cheap hosts and stuff to, im working on getting drivers but the boss doesnt want to sell them, working on getting them, which laser do you want them from? the Blu-Ray or the green?

I'm guessing then that you're the supplier? I would be interested in seeing what you have to choose from, but I'm definantly interested in cheap violets and greens.

Ive posted everything they have to offer aside from scanners, but they are kind of ish, prices are kind of INSANE on them but really its pretty crazy, if ya'll want ill post them too, shipping sucks on them, but what do you expect for a company that only uses DHL ;)
I give BobLaser a +1 :cool:

Day said:
Ive posted everything they have to offer aside from scanners, but they are kind of ish, prices are kind of INSANE on them but really its pretty crazy, if ya'll want ill post them too, shipping sucks on them, but what do you expect for a company that only uses DHL  ;)
I give BobLaser a +1  :cool:

Sweet, good to know. I'm gonna get in on this after payday.

I really need to stop lurking more. :-[

HumanSymphony said:
[quote author=Niko link=1238111417/0#12 date=1238185359]Cool!
Imagine my face when I read that it was a <1mW pointer. Thankfully I continued reading and got to the pot mod part, thank Chuck!

Nice to know the leadlight is easily disassembled, maybe if they're cheap enough they can be a new source for cheap hosts.
Day is already doing a GB for these hosts for only $4 a piece :p[/quote]

But he said he was closing all his GBs :(

Niko said:
[quote author=HumanSymphony link=1238111417/0#13 date=1238204119][quote author=Niko link=1238111417/0#12 date=1238185359]Cool!
Imagine my face when I read that it was a <1mW pointer. Thankfully I continued reading and got to the pot mod part, thank Chuck!

Nice to know the leadlight is easily disassembled, maybe if they're cheap enough they can be a new source for cheap hosts.
Day is already doing a GB for these hosts for only $4 a piece :p[/quote]

But he said he was closing all his GBs :([/quote]
He re-opened them ::)

Xer0

Could it be that the lower powers of all chinese pointers are achieved just with pot-throttling?

The price steps are first rather small and then growing up exponentionaly.
so i suppose for example a 5mW pen has the same crystal and pump diode like an 30mw but is set to a weaker current...

Xer0 said:
[highlight]Could it be that the lower powers of all chinese pointers are achieved just with pot-throttling[/highlight]?

The price steps are first rather small and then growing up exponentionaly.
so i suppose for example a 5mW pen has the same crystal and pump diode like an 30mw but is set to a weaker current...

Yes. And with no kind of real accuracy, either. A 5mW could be anywhere between 1mW and 20mW..

Xer0

ElektroFreak said:
Yes. And with no kind of real accuracy, either. A 5mW could be anywhere between 1mW and 20mW..
this kinda crap too. i got my brother a 5mW from DX which seems to overpower my faithful old Lightvision one at least 3 times; on the other hand the ebay one i got for my gf is almost as bright with fresh alkalines like my with slightly used nimh's.

hm this 5mW modules which day sells - how far do you think i could push it when i get bored?

Xer0 said:
[quote author=ElektroFreak link=1238111417/0#22 date=1239818018]
this kinda crap too. i got my brother a 5mW from DX which seems to overpower my faithful old Lightvision one at least 3 times; on the other hand [highlight]the ebay one i got for my gf is almost as bright with fresh alkalines like my with slightly used nimh's[/highlight].

hm this 5mW modules which day sells - how far do you think i could push it when i get bored?[/quote]

You need to remember that 2 alkaline batteries are 3 Volts and 2 NiMH batteries are 2.4 Volts... :-?

Jerry

Well, i jsut got like 7 reds, 5mw so nothing to balk at, but the hosts are perfect and clean, if anyone want to try there hand at messing with it, i was looking at the inside of one and the diode is in a screw in module and the driver is the size of Dr.Lavas v4, the diode is pressed in by a retaining ring, i really have no idea how much power to expect from these diodes though, ill get rid of them at 7$ shipped if anyone wants one. Ones for Dave already though, hes going to play with it if he feels like. ;)

They look like all other CNI type pens, ill get some Low quality pics in a sec, my phones camera dead  :D got to use my laptops cheap "web cam"
IMG000030.jpg

I dont know, i could test one or two  ::) ::)

EDIT: not really i had to put a little force to scrath some off, btw, i scratched the one i already destroyed :p ;)