Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BlueFusion Resolution Solution

I have mentioned it before. This goes back to the deal on the S-KY pointers he did a group buy for. He sent a friend of mine a horribly broken one (glue on the crystal facets, lenses, etc...) and then refused to repair it or refund it. I was asked if I could retrieve the money for him, so I paid my friend $700 for the pointer to help him out and have been trying to get the money from Rowan ever since. He has told me he is working on it many times.

Last edited:

No good deed goes unpunished---hope you get your money!! that sucks at this or any time of the year.IMO

Does anyone around here live around him that could pay his parents a visit to personally deliver a letter or talk a bit?

I have mentioned it before. This goes back to the deal on the S-KY pointers he did a group buy for. He sent a friend of mine a horribly broken one (glue on the crystal facets, lenses, etc...) and then refused to repair it or refund it. I was asked if I could retrieve the money for him, so I paid my friend $700 for the pointer to help him out and have been trying to get the money from Rowan ever since. He has told me he is working on it many times.

Just to clarify, I will spam the hell out of his mailbox.

Yeah sorry, I remember something about s-ky pointers but I didn't know the whole story. I hope you get your money back man. Really.

Talked to blue on irc today....

Bluefusion on IRC said:
* Aristeo spins around
<Aristeo> Charizard is back up :D
<BlueFusion> hey Aristeo
<BlueFusion> glad to see you're having fun with arch ;P
<Aristeo> :D
<BlueFusion> nobody around here talks to me anymore :/
<Aristeo> You don't talk to anyone here
<Aristeo> :p
<Spyrorocks`> because your a rotten scammer.
<Aristeo> And Spyrorocks talks to you all the time
<Aristeo> See? :p
<NightHawk> lol
<BlueFusion> yeah, but people with no cocks don't count
<BlueFusion> unless they happen to be female
<NightHawk> ouch lol
<Spyrorocks`> wheres my money?
<Spyrorocks`> you owe me money.
<BlueFusion> yeah, and i'm thor, the god of thunder.
<BlueFusion> ok now you tell another lie
<Spyrorocks`> to *****@gmail.com
<Spyrorocks`> I mean
<Spyrorocks`> ****@gmail.com
<Spyrorocks`> you owe money too.
<Spyrorocks`> not my spyrorocks@g***mail.com
<BlueFusion> good good
<BlueFusion> nice work
<Spyrorocks`> Rowan Lee PP-834-813-426 Non-receipt
<Spyrorocks`> Claim
<Spyrorocks`> -$8.00 USD 11/19/2009 Case Closed 12/3/2009 View
<Spyrorocks`> so pay me.
<BlueFusion> suck my dick
<Spyrorocks`> is this how you do business?
<Spyrorocks`> take peoples money and never give anything?
<BlueFusion> actually, i take people's money and send them stuff
<BlueFusion> which you know perfectly well
<BlueFusion> so shove it
<Spyrorocks`> could have fooled me, I sure never got anything from you.
<Spyrorocks`> laser ben is looking for his $700 too.
<Spyrorocks`> you owe me money from a paypal dispute that was decided in my favor.
<BlueFusion> well then you already have it
<BlueFusion> so it's not my problem
<Spyrorocks`> Nope
<BlueFusion> bai!
<Spyrorocks`> Yes it is.
<Spyrorocks`> You need to pay me because your account is probably so full of chargebacks you dont have anything to recover
<Spyrorocks`> Non-receipt - Claim - #PP-834-813-426
<Spyrorocks`> go review it if you stand behind your reputation as a seller.

Last edited:
I guess the only thing left is to spam his mailbox lol. Spyro, I see Bluefusion did not say anything about Ben's money..

Well, that's a shame. I always feel like if you give someone enough time, they'll come through...guess not.

Banana

Add me, a 2w portable IR laser

I did just get contacted by him he will send it out, but ye, not too make you guys feel even shittyer but so far its been 16 months since i payed, and tbh i doubt ill have it any time soon (or any time what-so-ever)

Its always just another week with him, he always needs just another week. Its never ending.

Doesn't anyone live near this Rip Off Artist...:thinking:
You know he's a con man... maybe "man" is too generous...:whistle:

Jerry

Last edited:
How about this, here is a copy of the letter I am prepared to send, let me know if you feel anything should be changed:

Dear Mr and Mrs. Lee,

I am writing to you as a last resort to try and settle some of the problems many people, myself included, have had with your son, Rowan, and his failure to ship products he has promised after receiving payments. Many people have been kept waiting for months, even years, with broken promise after broken promise to deliver. As you may know, Rowan has been involved with an online laser community, www.laserpointerforums.com. The community is a place where laser enthusiasts can come together and discuss, buy, and sell lasers and parts. For the most part, there are few problems between buyers and sellers. There have been several problems, however, with your son Rowan, who goes by the Alias "BlueFusion" (cgeeky@gmail.com).

These problems first started with the product he created and pre-sold called "Fusiondrives", these small laser power sources were paid for by many members of the forum before they were created, with the anticipation that Rowan would use the money to order the correct parts and send the built units to their respective buyers. They were designed and parts bought, but they were never put together or shipped to the customers who's money had been spent. Finally, after much effort from many of the members, who paid for their drives and never received anything for their money, Rowan shipped the uncompleted parts to a member in the US, Ken Rowe (kenkassidy@gmail.com) who proceeded to assemble and ship out as many units as possible as a favour to Rowan, without any payment for such thing. Some customers never did receive their FusionDrives because of a lack of parts sent to Ken by Rowan.

There have been many other people who feel that they have been swindled out of their money by Rowan, many of these people have given up on any hope of getting their money back because of the rude and unprofessional business conduct from your son, as well as an overdrawn PayPal account that makes it impossible for the PayPal dispute process to refund any money to people who have won claims because the account was drained of funds by Rowan. There are many examples of this quoted on the forums, you can see some of these in link one below.

Personally, I am owed $700 by your son for a portable laser system that was bought about 1 year ago. It was paid for by a close friend of mine who bought it new directly through Rowan who was organizing a group buy for members on the forum. The pointer arrived with severe problems including superglue on some of the critical optical components internally which prevented it from working. Rowan admitted that he had tried to repair the unit himself and ended up getting glue on the optics. When confronted with this issue, he promised to refund the cost of the laser unit. My friend had come into some hard times financially and need the money for the damaged pointer sooner then Rowan could get it. I offered to buy the pointer from him for the full $700 and then work out the return deal with Rowan. When I first started talking to Rowan on the deal for the pointer, I was told that he was working on it and would have the money available soon, or would be providing an equivalent replacement unit. After that email, he stopped replying to me at all, even through chat boards.

That being said, I have not been able to come to any resolution with Rowan. I would like your assistance in sorting out this problem, as Rowan does not communicate to me (or anyone else who currently has disputes with him about products not being delivered) anymore, ignoring any messages I send. There are several members who are considering taking drastic measures to get their money back including getting collection agencies involved. I would like to avoid such drastic measures as they are no fun for any of the parties involved. I want to invite you to read more on many of the issues caused by Rowan. Below is a list containing links to many of the discussion threads pertaining to the issues between Rowan and other forum members including information on money or goods owed to them.

You may be receiving many of these letters from myself, I apologize for this, I am concerned that if I send only one, it may be filtered out by Rowan and never reach you. I ask that you kindly discard any extras that you may receive.

Thank You for your time, you may contact me by email at bslaserguy@gmail.com or reach me on LaserPointerForums, by the user-name Laser_Ben.

Thank You,
Ben Steigerwald
bslaserguy@gmail.com
Laser_Ben

Here is a listing of some of the past problems with Rowan, many of the early issues were deleted when the forum was upgraded to new software.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/buyers-beware-bluefusion-fraud-24055.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/revenge-dish-best-served-cold-rage-blue-28924.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/250mw-s-ky-broken-37507.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/my-latest-update-23857.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/bluefusions-latest-cleanup-thread-23637.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/fusiondrives-gb-closed-39901.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f63/warning-do-not-buy-sell-trade-bluefushion-41620.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f63/calling-bluefusion-wheres-my-money-product-46486.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f63/bluefusion-resolution-solution-46499.html

Things

He technically owes me a 2 LOC setup and a 3W IR build, however I am not too stressed over it because I can visit him personally (Probably the middle of 2010 sometime) and collect the stuff.

Last edited:
It's a nice letter, but I don't think it's going to help matters much. Who are they going to trust, a letter from some people on a messageboard, or their own son's words? I guess it's worth a try.

Parents: "Rowan, what's this letter about?"

Rowan: "Let me read it. ... Oh it's some people who are trying to extort money out of me for stuff I already sent out."

Parents: "That laser project you were working on last year? They say the stuff you sent out was broken."

Rowan: "It was working perfectly fine when I sent it out, and the package was well padded and insured. They must've broken it themselves and want me to pay for the repairs. I shouldn't be responsible for their neglect."

Parents: "Yeah, that's not your fault. That's a lot of money too."

Rowan: "I don't even know if the laser is actually broken either, and anyway, they already got their money in a Paypal dispute that broke my account. They're just being greedy."