Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best settings for beamshots.

I was trying a whole night to find good settings for my kodak easyshare md1063
in order to get the beamshots of my dx dilda 200mw and ledshoppe 50 mW green to apper on the pictures. But I am having problems. I would apperiate it much if someone could give me a hand finding the correct settings to capture beamshots... Kenom has already told me to higher the long time exposure, so I changed it to 4 seconds and i could hardly see the beam.. Thanks in advance.

Peter

kodak cams blow, i have one too and cant barely get dot shots cause it never goes into focus.

I'm not familiar with your camera, but my F10 defaults to ISO 800 if the flash is disabled and that works well for beamies, day or night:

ZZ.jpg

3beam.jpg

on mine if the light is too bright no matter how many setting you change it doesnt focus for a clear shot.

mine doesnt pick up beamshots either, no matter how much axe or smoke i make.

axe :p
I managed to get some in the night of a damn foggy day, but since then, camera won't take such beamshots :/
Here are the fotos of that day :) P.S look at the last one. Try to understand what it shows. I haven't managed to remember how I took this last foto that day but it's quite strange :/
100_0317.jpg

100_0318.jpg

100_0320.jpg

100_0321.jpg

100_0324.jpg

100_0099.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

te most important fact is long aperture time, if you can't set it then you should get a new camera xD

3seconds of aperture give bests beamshots ever

if you have a night shot setting that will lengthen you shutter speed time. if you look at my avatar. that was with a long exposure time. it gives me enough time to write/draw. good luck

D

Deleted member 8382

If 4 seconds cannot show the beam, you should smash your camera. really.

Yeah you might want to get a better camera, with my Samsung (I think it was around $200 a few years ago) exposure times can go up to 15 seconds.

Outdoor beamshots usually require the higher end of those exposure times to get a good visible beam, but indoors usually 4 seconds should get something decent. With fog you only need 1 second or less exposures.

All of my shots ate done with a kodak z712-IS (I'm pretty sure that is the p/N anyway) and they come out great. You really need a camera with fully manual settings, which mine has. I can do exposure times from 1/1000th of a second, up to 16 seconds.

Another thing you absolutely need is a tripod. Long exposure pics look like ass without a tripod

All of my shots ate done with a kodak z712-IS (I'm pretty sure that is the p/N anyway) and they come out great. You really need a camera with fully manual settings, which mine has. I can do exposure times from 1/1000th of a second, up to 16 seconds.

Another thing you absolutely need is a tripod. Long exposure pics look like ass without a tripod

What the heck are you all talking about? I am not going to buy a new camera. I bought this one during Christmas. 150 EUROS. Its brand new. LOL. I asked for help to adjust my settings. with my CURRENT camera. thanks.

Actually, they're right: if the camera doesn't allow you to set everything manually, it's going to be very hard to make good beamshots. you need a tripod, and everything fixed. this includes camera AND emitter.
You need the longest shutter time, and something around ISO 800-1200, those settings should give you a pretty visible beam...

Actually, they're right: if the camera doesn't allow you to set everything manually, it's going to be very hard to make good beamshots. you need a tripod, and everything fixed. this includes camera AND emitter.
You need the longest shutter time, and something around ISO 800-1200, those settings should give you a pretty visible beam...

Well thanks but no. I am not gonna buy a new camera. I didn't know that there were "special" digitals which allow you to get good beamshots. If someone else uses a kodak please post suggestions for good settings. Otherwise, keep your "buy a new camera" comments for yourself.

Peter