Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best laser movie out there!

How awesome is that manhattan project clip. They actually put on safety glasses. I wonder what the OD rating on those things are, hehe.

LOL.....it looks more blue than 405nm though.

Maybe my monitor's hue is off a bit. How does this look to you?:

attachment.php

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2009-12-16-11h16m03s177.png
    vlcsnap-2009-12-16-11h16m03s177.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:

vk2fro

I have the manhatten project on my hdd and watch it occasionally just to see the laser scenes. I love the dubbed effects when they turn up the lasers power ;)

There is also a laser scene in the pilot of MacGyver - where he uses a pack of cigarettes and a pair of binoculars to show the beam and then "kill" the laser by reflecting the beam back to the source. Looked like a low milliwatt argon deliberatly put through a beam expander.

edit: here we go

Last edited:
Real Genius is the reason i got so interested in lasers!...... and im only 22. i think i saw it when i was about 15, its an awesome movie!

jakeGT

This thread is over a year old.... You only have 6 posts, so I feel I should inform you that on the forums, it's kind of looked down upon to revive a year old thread

Real Genius is the reason i got so interested in lasers!...... and im only 22. i think i saw it when i was about 15, its an awesome movie!

Ditto to that. Real Genius is an amazing movie.

This thread is over a year old.... You only have 6 posts, so I feel I should inform you that on the forums, it's kind of looked down upon to revive a year old thread

Digging old threads from the grave does no harm.

vk2fro

I spent more time on this thread than i needed to to see what people had posted, just to watch that macgyver scene again :p

edit: oooh 473 posts - looks like I'm into the nicer shades of blue now. next up 488nm :)

jakeGT

On another note, did i say anything about it harming anyone? I said, if you will re-read my post, that it is looked down upon. because it is looked down upon

Noted Jake, thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to pay attention to the dates next time... :toilet: