Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best laser movie out there!

jakeGT

and in all honesty, I could give a crap, I don't see what the big deal was. When I was new(still fairly am also) I necroposted, and got my ass torn for it. Also for asking a question that has been answered and not using the search function. So i just figure it's best to tell others, that way they dont get worked up like I did, and possibly say/post something that will get them a negative outlook from the community. ya dig?

anselm

I NEVER understood how some people get so worked up about necroposting.
Sometimes it is even a good thing, adding info to an existing thread instead of
opening new threads all the time, about the same issue.

Of course, sometimes it doesn't make much sense, like giving advice to a problem
from 2 years ago, the OP most likely worked it out or moved on since then.
Or digging up an old thread just to say "zOMG awesome!!11".

But even then, why so mad, people? Just kindly overlook it....
On the other hand, when you are reading a thread and you are about to respond, look
at the date and decide if it makes sense to respond to an old thread.

It might, or it might not, depends a lot on the thread itself.
Some threads are simply timeless.
Some other threads have a very short expiration date.

But, really, getting mad about necroposting is among the most childish behaviour on forums, IMO.:rolleyes:

BTW:
I think Real Genius is a pretty cool guy, eh pops corn with laser and doesn't afraid of anything...

Last edited:
I get it Jake, its cool lol... i hope your ass grew back without a problem :)

A slightly more up to date movie is "the first 20 million is always the hardest", lasers play a very small roll but if you like real genius you'll probably like this one too.

If you have something constructive to ADD to an old Thread...
there is nothing wrong with that....
But if you resurrect an old thread to say "yeah I agree with that"
or "I loved that movie" it is considered necroposting...

Jerry

Maybe I'm half guilty... cause i DID agree that the movie was awesome... But i also contested his (Kenom's) theory of some younger members being oblivious of Real Genius :)

Real Genius is the reason i got so interested in lasers!...... and im only 22. i think i saw it when i was about 15, its an awesome movie!

Or maybe I'm completely wrong, i felt i was "adding" to the thread. :)
Please let me know if I'm wrong. :thanks:

jakeGT

in all honesty morbid, who cares? if they don't like it, screw em. I was just giving you a warning I never had that you can get torn apart through text on the internet if you revive an old thread, starting this whole debate haha.
if you want to post something, well gosh darnit this is a free country so you can do so

I know, I'm just playing my part as the law abiding noob lol...

Besides, I'm not even is this "free country" you speak of :crackup:

jakeGT

Hey man, my BEST friend in the world is in Afghanistan right now, fighting for me and the united states, same as you!

it's pretty cool you have time to have somewhat of a hobby while on your tour of duty.

Yeah it is pretty cool. but i have to do this on my "off time" the rare thing that it is... i need something to do/think about or I'll go out of my f*ckin mind

The USO is a great thing ;)

Yeah it is pretty cool. but i have to do this on my "off time" the rare thing that it is... i need something to do/think about or I'll go out of my f*ckin mind

The USO is a great thing ;)

Good luck over there....
and stay out of harm's way...:cool:

Jerry

Awww, that part is easy... ;) learning everything about these "laser things" is the hard part :D

Thanks Jerry :beer: I'll do my best

jakeGT

Thanks morbid for serving our country! I miss my buddy alot, and hope the best for all of our troops!

eexe

I think I've seen some lasers in Austin Powers :D

Last edited:
Oh its a frickin pleasure being out here lol, But its worth it... to someone.....hopefully....maybe.....

Thanks for the support Jake :)