Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best host for a DIY Blue-Ray build

Which host would you prefer as a laser-newbie?

• Ultrafire WF-602D

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Romisen RC-A4

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Ultrafire MCU-C7s

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • UltraFire A40B

• Ultrafire UF-010

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigG

Yes i alredy know your build as a waterproof laser. just downloaded your instructions.
i think this host is really cool when it is modded waterproof
incidentally it's a cool guide... first waterproof i read about
ill think about... maybe i also build a waterproof blue-ray

thanks
bigG

bigG

but folks, what do you think about the other hosts i posted above?

thanks
bigG

HIMNL9

None of the above ..... i'm sorry, but my personal preferences go to side-switch hosts (don't know why, i just don't "feel good" tailcap switches :p)

bigG

one last question, because i am a bit confused. have i to use heat compound in the build? If yes, between the aixiz and the heatsink or between the heatsink and the host?

thanks
bigG

one last question, because i am a bit confused. have i to use heat compound in the build? If yes, between the aixiz and the heatsink or between the heatsink and the host?

thanks
bigG

Both.

you can also get an entirely machined custom host from ehgemus for only $35

With my heatsik n' host combos there is NO heatsink gunk because theres no place to put it every thing is machined with a glove fit so the heat can get out easy.
Try one out you wont want any thing else after it ! :yh:

With my heatsik n' host combos there is NO heatsink gunk because theres no place to put it every thing is machined with a glove fit so the heat can get out easy.

Yea that's the best way to do it. As little gaps as possible. He said he wants to try to make most everything himself. And I'm not sure he has the tools for a press fit heatsink. So then thermal paste is a must.

I agree, I love the hosts that Ehgemus makes. I currently own 4. However I wish they had diode pockets instead of a set screw. That'd make it so much better, but of course it's harder to do and would cost more money. That's why I'm really excited about these two krtyons I just got. I was lucky to find them.

I agree, I love the hosts that Ehgemus makes. I currently own 4. However I wish they had diode pockets instead of a set screw. That'd make it so much better, but of course it's harder to do and would cost more money. That's why I'm really excited about these two krtyons I just got. I was lucky to find them.

what is diode pockets? I,m up for losing the set screws. they suck!

what is diode pockets? I,m up for losing the set screws. they suck!

What do you mean by they suck? Like they suck to make? Or they suck for heatsinking?

So in a diode pocket design, you'd have to make a pocket where a 5.6mm diode can be pressed right in. So you'd pretty much need to have the top of the host unscrew to press the diode, and then you'd need threads to fit a lens. Kenom's design is awesome, but you'll have to come up with your own design for it.

jeffd

Ya if you are looking for a good heat sink, i would go with pyro. I havent handled any of his work yet but just from his pictures i can tell that he knows how to make a heatsink right.