Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BEAMSHOT COMPETITION! w/ prizes :) anyone can enter (**ENTRIES CLOSED**)!

Lase

Re: BEAMSHOT COMPETITION! w/ prizes :) anyone can enter (deadline 11/18)!

Well there are already 660+IR diodes.

So someone will come along one day and make it.

Lase

Entry sent in :eg:

I'll tease further.....

It's less just a beamshot and more a total work of art....

spiro shot?

Last edited:

what are you talking about im not using his picture as my background where did you get that :whistle:

What? Whose picture as what background? What are you on about?
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

An idea popped into my head, but I must ask first: Can there be people (2) involved in the photograph? It's the key to my idea.

An idea popped into my head, but I must ask first: Can there be people (2) involved in the photograph? It's the key to my idea.

I don't think there are any limitations in place currently.

I suppose you should probably keep it PG13 though:p

The only rule that I'm really enforcing for this one is if you wouldn't classify the picture as first and foremost a picture admiring/focused on/presenting/displaying one or more beams of laser light then it doesn't count. And yes, keep it below PG-13...

Last edited:

"keep it below PG-13..."
Is that a suggestion ?
PG-13...Pretty Girls to thirteen...and you are suggesting to keep it to under 13 girls in a picture. I think if you can figure a way to get more into a single shot that you should be allowed.
:D
Something like having them laying down in a circle with all their smiling faces side by side looking upwards and perhaps a nice set of beams going up through the middle. Take the picture from up high looking almost straight down the beams with the focal depth set to the faces. For bonus points use the right lenses to make for a long depth of field focal plane and add another layer of girls with their heads in between the sides of the others making for a multi-layer flower look.
:yh:
I would try it myself but, alas, I have no friends and certainly don't have access to pretty girls or even the multiple lasers of different colors to form the premise of the "beam" shot.
:(
But I suppose a local high school could provide the people and possibly the vantage point...hmmmmmmm....

"keep it below PG-13..."
Is that a suggestion ?
PG-13...Pretty Girls to thirteen...and you are suggesting to keep it to under 13 girls in a picture. I think if you can figure a way to get more into a single shot that you should be allowed.
:D
Something like having them laying down in a circle with all their smiling faces side by side looking upwards and perhaps a nice set of beams going up through the middle. Take the picture from up high looking almost straight down the beams with the focal depth set to the faces. For bonus points use the right lenses to make for a long depth of field focal plane and add another layer of girls with their heads in between the sides of the others making for a multi-layer flower look.
:yh:
I would try it myself but, alas, I have no friends and certainly don't have access to pretty girls or even the multiple lasers of different colors to form the premise of the "beam" shot.
:(
But I suppose a local high school could provide the people and possibly the vantage point...hmmmmmmm....

pedobear-drool.jpg

^ hehehe, pedobear beware!

Last edited:

This thread is deteriorating rather quickly :p hahahaha.

8 days til pictures must be submitted!

Earlier photo for reference:
1588-cni-bright-beams-r-g-b009.jpg

I do believe that creativity will factor in big on this contest, and talent too... Do I even stand much chance of being in the running?

Personally, I think that picture above is pretty awesome. But I haven't seen the others :p