Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Australia Laser Imports

Hey guys,

before stumbling upon the forums here (very helpful!) I went to buy a 5mW green pointer of eBay - got the same letter from Customs and kicked myself for not checking the regs earlier. Not a very useful $7.50.

Kinda pales in comparison to 100mW though - I think I'll try o-like or rayfoss, whichever has good deals and can split the laser into two packages; this should be my best shot...

Switchblade88

jkt368

Hey guys,

before stumbling upon the forums here (very helpful!) I went to buy a 5mW green pointer of eBay - got the same letter from Customs and kicked myself for not checking the regs earlier. Not a very useful $7.50.

Kinda pales in comparison to 100mW though - I think I'll try o-like or rayfoss, whichever has good deals and can split the laser into two packages; this should be my best shot...

Switchblade88

Hi Switchblade88. Is the 5mw green pointer off ebay the same one as this?
NEW Stylish 5mW 5 mW 532nm Green Beam Laser Pointer Pen (eBay item 160517612700 end time 09-Jan-11 23:14:34 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Because im thinking of buying it... but arnt sure if itll make it thru customs. I've contacted the seller adn they say they've shipped to aust. buyers and they've received it successfully.. but im not really believing it.

Also... not all modules get through customs 100 percent of the time... as i've recently learnt..

Hey jkt368,

don't think it was that exact one, but very similar, and similar price too.

Don't trust the seller; if it gets confiscated by customs they won't refund your money. Besides, you'd get a much better quiality pointer from o-like or rayfoss such as this one www.rayfoss.com
It's only $12US and Faona is very helpful - she was willing to separate the parts for shipping and would be your best shot for getting one.

Of course, now I've seen the effects of a 100mW laser - forget 5mW, I'm saving up! :drool:

Switchblade88

hey guys ,im from aus too it seems to me that if you want to get your laser seized by customs you should have it delivered by australia post. if you want to keep your laser have it delivered by a courier company . at least thats how its worked for me and i got a laser seizure letter from these knobs today :D

MrB

Hmm, yeah so Customs are the knobs eh?

No.
The real knobs are the wankers with only one braincell that think it's cool to aim their pointers at motorists on freeways and at passenger aircraft attempting to land and .. of all things... at police helicopters!
F***ing retards.
Customs are just doing what they are told to do, and they're told to do it because of the real knobs that f***ed it up for the rest of us.

Last edited:
i imported a 100mw green laser from hong kong and it looks like a laser but still got though customs

LaZeRz

Jeff i know it was you i smell your guilt, your lucky im not a snitch and I didnt report you.........yet. :crackup::crackup:

well back to topic if you want to import a laser to Aus go with o-like and order the laser in 2 packets eg. head in one and rear tube in another

Goodluck :D

whats up with the bloody idiots who make our lives miserable cause they shine lasers on planes? why cant they go street race someone and die...

Aside from the user idiots, ...I believe, all culpability will fall to the importer... ;) -GH

Just buy a module.
All you gotta do is put a battery supply to it.
That's my remedy to the customs deal.

Also, I left a hoodie with my 200mw green torch thing I made on a fuckin bus bout 3 weeks ago!

I got my sis to take me on a crazy goose chase in her car after it, bein the last bus of the night, thought I may get lucky n have noone have gotten on.
Long story short, some asshole has my hoodie and laser!
Then a week later I read some douchebag is shining lasers in bus drivers eyes...
Le sigh.

Went a little off topic there but oh well.

Things

Morale of the story: Leave your lasers at home. You can still play with them, but they won't get lost and you won't be seen with them. Simple.

TTerbo

Morale of the story: Leave your lasers at home. You can still play with them, but they won't get lost and you won't be seen with them. Simple.

Lasers at home can be a hazard aswell...May i remnd you of the frantic search you had to embark on after your brothers friend stole your core :p

Things

Locks on doors are also effective :p

And there was no searching needed, as when one of my lasers is missing, they send out a telepathic signal detailing their exact location :p

Last edited: