Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ARCTIC HOST feeler! interested? READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeGT

yeah I'll get to it when I get to a real computer, but it'll take me half an hour once I do to sort through all the threads and figure out everyone I've missed, but I know pontiac knows we have enough people interested to make this happen

jib77

Voltage monitor circuit update ...

I cracked the code on the the threshold voltage setting, it will be set to 2.945V +/- 1%. I chose this value because the resistors needed are in stock.

The charge for this circuit will probably be around $10. The per unit parts cost is going to be around $5.22 and I'm figuring $4.78 for the PCB, soldering supplies, and my time.

(BTW the grid spacing is 100 mils)
4827-vmon-w-extended-gnd.png

^^^ this is some funny stuff :crackup: but let's make sure to stay on topic as there is a huge potential for some serious thread derailment:D back to the "Antarctic" :)
:(

But i take great pleasure in de-railling threads... :(

I'm only really subscribed to this because i really want to see how they turn out, every now and again i see something i can comment on, so i comment on it.

jakeGT

k everybody, I just updated the OP with names and take offs, If i missed you or added you or if you dont see your name or want quantity changed let me know, I will get back on this thread religously now!

So it's still in the designing phase right? (not rushing anything please take your time I'm just curious) I'm just trying to get a time frame in my head right

Then it's going take him the time to make all the different pieces, and then ship them off to get ionized and then get them shipped back to him.

So how long we looking at till he needs $$? May?

And take your time dude no rush like i said I'm just trying to get the date figured out in my head so i have the $$ when it's needed. :beer:

And Thanks a Ton for putting the effort and time into this as you have been bud. Awesome Job so far.

Hey JakeGT, you missed me on page 8, post 190, I typed that I was interested in one of these hosts. I still am, so please add me to the list!!!

Still interested in one depending on final price. Any idea when a payment/deposit would be due? That may have more to do with my decision than the final cost ATM.

jakeGT

As of so far, I only know what's in the thread also. So no due date,not started building them yet, and still some more finishing is what I am guessing. But who knows he could be done tomorrow and start orders. But so far the only price update is still at $75-100

no idea when it will be done, need money, be made yet... To all curious

What you know, I know(as far as Pontiac is on all these matters)

rhd

Hey Jake - what's the dynamic of this GB again?

IE, are Pontiac and Jib selling the hosts and boards to you in one big batch, and you're running the GB and shipping it all out to us? Are you collecting payments, and then distributing it to Pontiac and Jib? Or are we paying Pontiac + Jib directly? (when the time comes)

Don't we run the risk of getting double-hit on PP fees?

jakeGT

The original dynamic was as such

We started out in a thread, long story short, I sent Pontiac a message saying I would do a arctic host groupbuy from him.(because in the thread he said he could make the host if somebody would like to do a group buy from him)

So that was the original plan, I was gonna do a groupbuy for Pontiac and obviously he gets all the money. And then they came up with Jib's idea, so I am assuming, since i can't install these things or even make them, then jib can take care of that part.

If you want jib to do that stuff for you, I would start sucking up now. Cause I'm not that tech savy, he'll if he will put one in mine I want one. BUt that was the original plan. Pontiac or jib can chime in on this matter if they want also.

jib77

The voltage monitor was Pontiac's idea, I just designed the circuit for it. Is this going to be an OEM part or an option?

Either way it would be best for me to ship the completed circuits to Pontiac or jakeGT for distribution with the host(@jakeGT I don't think there is an expectation of installation). This would avoid me having to charge extra for shipping it to individuals and jakeGt would still collect the payments.

I searched through this thread trying to find an answer but I couldnt find one so here is my question. Will there be 2 flat areas in the laser where we can sink a couple of drivers? (sorry if this has already been addressed)

I searched through this thread trying to find an answer but I couldnt find one so here is my question. Will there be 2 flat areas in the laser where we can sink a couple of drivers? (sorry if this has already been addressed)

+1 on this question, I'm also planning on using this host for a dual driver setup.

jib77

From my understanding there will be a flat area for the driver and a place for the voltage monitor to slide into that will hold it at the proper height.

Status
Not open for further replies.