Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any target shooters / Firearms collectors?

Well, I've recently been sucked into yet another hobby. Shooting :beer:

I've always wanted an AR-15 and a nice sidearm for both target shooting as well as concealed carry / personal protection.

One day I decided.. what the hell, I might as well!

I went and got my concealed weapons permit and picked up some new toys...

My stag arms model 2 AR-15:bowdown::bowdown:

photo-14.jpg

and I also bought a springfield XDM in .40 cal. This isn't my picture, but it's the exact same gun:

82cs9ha0p.jpg

This is also what I carry on a daily basis (but not to work...)

Anyone else out there like shooting? I'm looking your way, Hemlock_Mike... :beer:

Its so funny to see american wearing weapon to do their grocery shoping.

I would love to have a m4a1 or a XM8.

I'm also a shooter and have a concealed weapons permit. Be careful Gooey Gus, It is a far more expensive hobby than lasers can be. My gun collection is easily worth over $12,000. Ammo is pretty expensive these days (much more so than batteries anyway).

rangedunits, you will hardly ever see Americans doing their grocery shooping armed... Thats because most of us carry concealed! There are states that allow open carry, but I am not a big fan of that. It give away any tactical advantage and it scares the sheeple. The reality of the matter is that crime exists. In the US, guns are much more plentiful and accesible than in Canada. If bad guys have guns, you should be able to defend yourself on equal terms. I see guns as an equalizing force. In countries where guns are illegal to own, it is difficult, if not impossible for a weaker person to defend themself against a stronger person. Even if knives were used instead of guns, the advantage goes to the stronger and faster person. Guns allows 80 year old grandmas to defend themselves from young thugs. We carry guns because police officers are too heavy to carry. Besides, even a fast response time may be too late if your life is at stake. The other thing is that crime can occur anywhere. Most grocery stores are relatively safe, but what about the parking lots? What about the areas you have to drive through to get home? Basically, the American mentality is different. We refuse to be victims!

I'm also a shooter and have a concealed weapons permit. Be careful Gooey Gus, It is a far more expensive hobby than lasers can be. My gun collection is easily worth over $12,000. Ammo is pretty expensive these days (much more so than batteries anyway).

rangedunits, you will hardly ever see Americans doing their grocery shooping armed... Thats because most of us carry concealed! There are states that allow open carry, but I am not a big fan of that. It give away any tactical advantage and it scares the sheeple. The reality of the matter is that crime exists. In the US, guns are much more plentiful and accesible than in Canada. If bad guys have guns, you should be able to defend yourself on equal terms. I see guns as an equalizing force. In countries where guns are illegal to own, it is difficult, if not impossible for a weaker person to defend themself against a stronger person. Even if knives were used instead of guns, the advantage goes to the stronger and faster person. Guns allows 80 year old grandmas to defend themselves from young thugs. We carry guns because police officers are too heavy to carry. Besides, even a fast response time may be too late if your life is at stake. The other thing is that crime can occur anywhere. Most grocery stores are relatively safe, but what about the parking lots? What about the areas you have to drive through to get home? Basically, the American mentality is different. We refuse to be victims!
Its not like we have choice... I got mugged about 3 times in the last four years. On the last event, i blinded the attacker with my SSC-P7.

me love me some guns too!!!!it would take hour to list all lol....very much like target shooting from a mile away...barret sniper rifle yahhh i wished..

Right now my collection is worth around 1700 lol... But I've probably spent at least that much in ammo.

When people give me grief or call me paranoid for carrying, I use the fire extinguisher analogy. You have one because you want a way to put out or contain the fire because you know the firemen are always at least a couple minutes away, not because you're constantly afraid of a fire starting.

Me too, I also collect firearms when I am back in Canada.
I have a Cz/Vz858 or Vz58-4 Czech made tact rifle. Shoots 7.62x39mm and I must say it is one of the best guns in the caliber one can own. Also got a S/W -9mm , and a colt 357 magnum police special.

Gus --
I won't comment on my collection. I qualified again for my CCW here and the officer, after 40 rounds, commented " you're pretty comfortable with that little gun". Walther PPK-s 380 !!! I was shooting 5 shot rapid fire in ~ 2 seconds per stage.

HMike

I just shot my first .357 magnum today, and I must say it left me wanting more power. I really want to shoot a handgun chambered in .50AE as cliche and hollywood as that is. And funny story, the .357 is my grandfather's, he took it out of the box it had been in for 15 or so years right before I arrived. Before we shot it, he spun the chambers (I'm not sure what the term is for a revolver) and dozens of earwigs fell out. :wtf: it was so gross lol. But let me tell you, after we finished with that thing there's no way in hell there are any earwigs left in there :D We got the sights dialed in to a few inches at about 25 feet today. I'm surprised at the condition of the rifling after it had been sitting around for that long. Anyway, technically too underaged to collect guns but I definately target shoot. I had planned to shoot some fully automatic weapons, SBRs etc. with my friend last week but that plan fell through, and now I'm living in a different state :(

.357 mag is one of the best handgun calibers out there, lots of power!

A friend of mine has a desert eagle 50AE, it's fun but waaaaaay too expensive to shoot, like $2 per shot. And way too big to carry, it pretty much just stays in the safe. Although it is pretty accurate for being such a hand cannon!

Exactly, the desert eagle is fun but it's basically useless and prohibitively expensive to use. Perhaps I could shoot something in .44 magnum. Actually, come to think of it the desert eagle shoots .357 or .44 with a barrel swap, but it's still too big to use for anything practical. Anyway, I just got back from shooting some 12 gauge and win. 270 and my shoulder is surprisingly painless :D I absolutely destroyed this dog food can from about 50 yards :p

I can shoot the nuts off a flea at 20 paces....... with my pellet gun..:whistle:
They won't let me have a real gun in Canada... Something about a
Criminal Record...:crackup::crackup:

Jerry

If you guys think .50 AE out of a Desert Eagle is viscious, you should try the .500 S&W or a .454 Casull. You don't have the weight or the gas operated recoil system of the Desert Eagle to tame things down. I was offered a go at the range and I must say WOW! The recoil is intense, especially out of the gun we were shooting. The shock wave just travels through your body and the pressure wave hits you like a small explosion. While it is neat to try a few rounds, I like my wrists the way they are. .44 mag is a lot more affordable, but even then its close to $.60 a bullet.

My Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special is one of my favorite shooting guns. Everyone who has tried it was incredibly impressed. The trigger pull is short and sweet, the accuracy is incredible, and the way the gun handles is amazing. The funny thing is I didn't get into 1911s for a LONG time! I also have a H&K P7M8 that shoots incredibly well.

Really have too many firearms to list. :D My latest acquisition is a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug .44 special in stainless. Kinda have a soft spot for revolvers. Of course my if-my-life-depends-on-it carry and home defense gun is my Hk USP Custom Combat in .40 S&W. It's my favorite gun in my collection. Most accurate auto I've ever shot or owned. I've shot custom match grade 1911s that couldn't match it. Of course that's just me. I just shoot well with that gun.

Read a story about a narcotics tactical officer in Florida who was involved in a shoot out. Bullet from the criminal's gun hit the bottom on the slide on his USP Tactical and slammed into his upper two knuckles. He goes down in mud and water in the perps backyard. The gun has been hit, it's covered in blood and mud and probably had mud in the barrel. He switched hands and emptied the clip into the perp. Seems like a fairly dependable sidearm. :D

USPs are some of the most reliable handguns out there, right next to glocks IMO. Also, a dumb pet peeve of mine-99.9% of pistols use MAGAZINES, not clips. I learned there is in fact a difference. Clips are thin strips of metal that grab bullets by the rim and are used for loading fixed-magazine rifles and handguns (I only know of one handgun with a fixed magazine).

Mik

I am not a collector, but I am a fan of the 1911 pistol and AK pattern rifles.