Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Announcement: Radiant, and me

Ladies and gents...

So!

Got this the other day:
DSC01839.jpg

Made a little of these:
Heatsinks.jpg

Paypal came through and I managed to register a new card. Able to recieve funds through it now.

Up there is a batch of heatsinks made for two hosts I like the most, Cree C6 and Ultrafire 501B.

They will be maintained in stock at Radiant electronics:
Radiant Electronics - Home
EDIT - In stock now.

Mario has agreed to distribute my stuff through his website. As is, we figure prices would be aproximately $15 and $20 for C6 and 501b heatsinks respectively.

I can now do custom orders - heatsinks and host parts, maybe even complete hosts. Everything that's not stocked at Radiant, you can order from me directly.

Prices I'll quote you will be quite low, I assure you that. However, there's one issue - shipping times. I am located in Europe, and shippments heavier than 300 grams could take up to 1 month to arrive to US buyers. Being located here also brings some privileges... like 1 meter 30mm wide aluminium bar costing $12. As soon as there's some proof-of-concept profit from everything I do, prices will slowly go down even more.

Currently, widest aluminium bar I have in stock is 30mm wide. Keep in mind - however, it'll most likely change in future, if some business starts rolling in.

Round of :beer: on me, for hopefully, beggining of great business.

Last edited:

anselm

:):):D:D
Having a member in Europe with a lathe, cheap raw material and who accepts custom
orders.... How great is that?

Your first batch looks good, I'm pleased and loking forward to seeing more in the future!:beer:
More power to you, sir!

not allot of options with 30mm DIA :( :undecided:
pretty nice though.. :)

I'm waiting for it to begin :pop:

Nice lathe btw. Did you get all of those done in one sitting?
Thanks.

On the picture up there is my father actually, not me (forgot to mention that too. All the andrenaline...).

He has more than 10 years of machining experience, and yeah he made all those in one day (Not exactly sure which part of the day, I wasn't home at the time, but I'm guessing that after the morning coffee [8 AM to 12PM]it was "afternoon" :D )

:):):D:D
Having a member in Europe with a lathe, cheap raw material and who accepts custom
orders.... How great is that?

Your first batch looks good, I'm pleased and loking forward to seeing more in the future!:beer:
More power to you, sir!
Pretty damn great, yeah. I'm going for some side incomes for my family, as it is situation is that we've barely managed to buy that lathe and material in the first place. As said, as soon as those "birth-troubles" go away, prices will settle down.

not allot of options with 30mm DIA :( :undecided:
pretty nice though.. :)
Not if you're going for hosts, no, but heatsinks for premade hosts, there's quite a range. 501B has quite large heatsink.

Besides, as I said, more and more options will become available with time.

ya thats what i mean..
heatsinks for hosts..
the ones i want to use have a head DIA of more then 30mm..

also which 501b?
there are different designs ..
not the same size

ya thats what i mean..
heatsinks for hosts..
the ones i want to use have a head DIA of more then 30mm..

also which 501b?
there are different designs ..
not the same size
501b is one design, not many. 5xxY series are quite some designs, but currently this:

$9.90 - Ultrafire WF-501B Philips Luxeon K2 White LED Flashlight (1*18650/2*CR123A) - Ultrafire Lights

Is the cheapest option. I do not know if Mario plans to stock hosts along with heatsinks, perhaps even sell them as hosts, but it's a possibility.

Looks exactly the same and costs almost exactly the same. Looks like a better deal, if they are indeed faster.

do european nations still have the customs delays like we do here when shipping to each other? it will be nice to have someone outside the USA who can offer their services, and probably save people a lot of shipping time/money.

I buy all my hosts from priceangels.com They have consistently shipped all my orders within just a couple of days (except for that retarded chinese new year)
Apr 2, 2011 9:34:15 PM
Apr 2, 2011 8:35:30 PM
Mar 30, 2011 1:47:22 PM
Mar 9, 2011 3:45:12 PM
Feb 5, 2011 2:11:55 PM
Feb 4, 2011 9:16:36 PM
Feb 3, 2011 9:53:27 PM
Feb 3, 2011 9:04:41 PM
Jan 31, 2011 9:34:54 AM
Jan 17, 2011 6:55:44 PM
Jan 13, 2011 10:30:34 PM
Jan 3, 2011 1:19:50 PM

I've almost got enough points for a free butane lighter!!!!!

do european nations still have the customs delays like we do here when shipping to each other? it will be nice to have someone outside the USA who can offer their services, and probably save people a lot of shipping time/money.
Uhh not sure what do you mean by that. If Mario shipped you something, it'll arrive in few days. If I shipped you that same something, it'll take weeks.

I made it a priority finding a distributor in US for that very reason, regardless of prices I can set , people would never buy from me because of 1 month shipping times. That's why I'd directly do only custom orders, something that's not stocked at Mario's.
I'm hoping to get as much models as possible stocked, so things go a lot smoother.

Pretty cool to have another option to get stuff from. Ill keep you in Mind.;)

Asherz

How long do you think shipping to the UK would take? A similar time to the US?

Very cool lathe by the way, at first I was like dam I didn't no Eud could machine maybe he's gonna learn, then I saw that pile of heatsinks all perfectly made and was like wtf, how did he pick it up so quick :eek:

Nice of your Dad to help you out, are you going to go into a kind of joint partner/family buisness thing? :)

Wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Uhh not sure what do you mean by that. If Mario shipped you something, it'll arrive in few days. If I shipped you that same something, it'll take weeks.

I made it a priority finding a distributor in US for that very reason, regardless of prices I can set , people would never buy from me because of 1 month shipping times. That's why I'd directly do only custom orders, something that's not stocked at Mario's.
I'm hoping to get as much models as possible stocked, so things go a lot smoother.

for example, if you ship me something it takes weeks to get into the country and pass through customs.

does the same thing happen when you ship to germany, france, or holland? or does mail travel around freely within europe.

This is wonderful for all of the members. I am glad to see another experienced machinist on the forum. I have not worked with a metal lathe yet, though I do have a small wood lathe. I look forward to any new products you might come up with.

Nope, shipping something to UK takes far less time than shipping to US, since it's in-continent and does not have to travel across an entire damned ocean.

And yes, that'll be some sort of family business... but not officially, I am not going to register any businesses or workshops, this is purely "hobby", to avoid all the fees and hasles for nothing.

Thanks for many words of support guys! :)