Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AixiZ 445nm lens...

jayrob

Yes, that's all I meant...

We ordered these to be in the full length threaded nut.

AixiZ stocked a few of these in the half threaded style. Not sure why half threaded. Perhaps to keep from getting them mixed up with the red ones, not sure...

But they probably did not have a large demand for them until recently. So we piled a ton of orders on them. And we also wanted a special construction.

They are coming through for us! :)

Last edited:

@ electron quote...Reading through the threads it does look like Chuck was back in town when the 1st order got shipped out, so I'm not sure how any hired help affected what was sent to me. As for getting qualified help, the answer to that question is very simple, you simply close the shop down during your vacation time; numerous mom & pop shops do this all the time.
end quote

That is a good point but maybe not good for aixiz-- if you worked there would you want three weeks off w/o pay?

The aixiz store is big- amazon- ebay-- shut all that down??

AixiZ has thousands of customers world wide-- since offering them Chuck tells me they have shipped somewhere in the neighborhood of 300,000 blank modules alone!!

And even tho I have not had the luxury of a real vacation in many years -- I do remember needing a vacation to recover from the vacation.

btw... I do not recall using the word 'permission' and telling anyone what to do==purely suggestions. As I said 'the squeaky wheel gets greased .... but not always first'

your order from me is on the way--hope you are happy with it.

hak

@ hakzaw1

Your going on in the left direction a little far there, but yes I know many small companies and a few large that shut the whole place down and they have Benefits for their employees, whereas they have such things as paid time off, medical insurance, etc.

Again going too far to the left on this, I don't think a customer should have to worry how to run a company he's ordered from. Are they looking for a different business plan?, I have people that can certainly help with that, but they're going to need a heck of a lot of more info than presented here and like everything else, it's going to cost to do that study. I really don't know what your asking here.

My whole and only purpose was what I posted above, Chuck was in town according to what was posted when my order got shipped, based on those dates.

Frankly I had no idea who he was prior to this. I don't know him or even that it was/is a small business, nor has he ever communicated with me, or how I would contact him directly in email or otherwise. I simply placed an order, as a customers does.

Reported my findings in this thread and Jayrob was extremely helpful with additional info, and that is how I knew for sure the lens was wrong.

I sent email to AixiZ before you even posted in this thread and to date haven't heard a word back about my order.

But like Jayrob explained they are very busy and are a trustworthy company. I took what Jayrob said for face value because I have dealt with Jayrob before. He is extremely knowledgeable and a helpful and talented person.

Therefore I took it upon myself After Jayrob reported his order came in correctly and I placed yet another order with Aixiz at my own expense with the idea the 2nd order would come to me correctly, as Jayrob has his order and it's fine now.

I did comment that Jayrob & yourself seem to be the only 2 people that received the correct lenses, as others in this thread have reported the wrong lenses, and Yes that did seem a bit odd to me at the time.

Here's a quote from Jayrob "He assured me that I'm getting 70 of my 100 shipped today and that they are in a metal nut." Jayrob called after seeing what happened to my order to be sure his was correct.

It looked like to me the issue was resolved and eventually they will get to my email on the original order and take care of it for me.

hakzaw1, you jump in on this for the first time yesterday (7/13/2010) and state this;

Quote: "I should have some new info to share later today--Jay should be the only one to comm. with them on this-hundreds of emails/phone calle etc--wil slow down the process for sure."

So I wasn't to let them know my order was wrong??? and how would they ever know I got the wrong lenses?? That is Exactly what you wrote and I have no idea why you did, nor do I know who you are, or your interest in what happened to my order.

Then you hakzaw1, jump back in when I post/reply back to Kenom telling us we took you wrong, So you toned down what you originally stated; but then went on to try and attack me and asked me about running a laser company, etc. The last thing on my mind when ordering these was how to run that business, and the last thing on my mind when posting about what happened was running that business. Again as a Customer, that shouldn't even be asked of me. But I made a small suggestion to your post and you just wont let this go.

Today though I do read from Jayrob he received another order and it's wrong this time around, and we all know Chuck & crew are back, so you tell me, I have no idea what to make of that.

By the way hakzaw1 what do you mean by this post you made directed at me;

Quote:
"your order from me is on the way--hope you are happy with it."
End quote

I never ordered anything from you, and the only order I'm aware of that is on it's way I paid AixiZ for and that order was placed before I posted here.....so whats up with that??

If you take a look All through the thread that are several people reporting issues with those lenses, and I think what Jayrob has posted and the pictures has been very beneficial to all of us.

It has been good a dialogue from Jayrob; but I'm not sure why you insisted at trying to hammer at me over a problem I didn't create in your post(s)? So who may you be? I don't know you, what's your deep interest here??

jayrob

I'm not trying to get in the middle of this misunderstanding...

I just want to say one thing. Well two things...

Just to clarify, I did only receive one order of lenses so far. They were the correct ones. (not sure where you saw that I said I got the wrong ones) Maybe just got it mixed up with some other person's post or something...

But I also would like to say that Len (hakzaw1) is only trying to help. I know this because I have been in communication with him for a couple of weeks on these lenses.

You see, Len knows Chuck. Or has at least met with him in person. And has visited the AixiZ company more than once. So he has been trying to help 'calm the masses' with information that he has direct from AixiZ...

I talked to Chuck directly by phone and e-mail. Xia as well. (his wife - pronounced Shaw)

They are good people. They just got swamped. I think it's great that they went and got these lenses put into a full length threaded metal nut for us. This was a special request. And now they will keep them available.

In the swarm of orders, they got some confusion. They ran into other problems as well. But I know for sure that they will take care of you. I'm confident your inquiry will be addressed. (I sure hope so!)

Last edited:

Kevlar

I think what Hak was talking about was the people in his GB for lenses and the people waiting for their lenses from jayrob not all contacting Aixiz.

I agree with you electron what you did about contacting Aixiz because you ordered your lens directly from Aixiz. I ordered 3 from Haks GB and I thought, heck I'll order 1 from Aixiz directly myself to see if I could get that one faster. Turns out I did. I got the one from Aixiz one the 12th but it was the wrong one. So I sent Chuck an email concerning my order of 1 lens directly from him and he replied to me today and will take care of it.

He basically said to me to keep the lens I got and he is sending me another (correct) lens.

I can vouch for Chuck, he knows good customer service and I'm sure he will take care of it but with all of these orders he is completely swamped and doing the best he can.

Wow some of you guys are tripping a little to hard.

Its simple, they messed up, admitted it, and are working to fix it. Why the paragraphs of debate? Relax, this is not the first time it happened, and it wont be the last. The company is working on it, WTF more you want? Its a freaking $10 lens, and some of you guys are acting like its the end of the wold. Chill the hell out.

Sorry Electron -i got you mixed up with Extelon . So I thought your were asking Aixiz where your len ordered from Hak was at--MY BAD

Extelon
wanted & got sent some lenses from me. sent out today-

My mistake.

My offer of lenses was never a GB -( I paid for 60 on June 11th and never worried )

Iwas trying to help those who got diodes from me- just to add them to the same order. also the small orders went out three days before the bulk orders even tho they bulk ones were, asaik, first in 'line' its just turned out that they were the wrong lenses. I have my own AixiZ 445 lens thread that I update daily.

I do not work for AixiZ.

I do not think they need any help from me on how to run thier biz.

I do know they have been envolved in getting the laser hobbiest much needed items for a long time. I have heard many many more positive feedbacks on how Chuck does biz than negs. Hope this helps you to understand where I am coming from.

Again sorry for the mix-up. Sorry for the threadjack--I will try to be of help to all.

Aixiz IMO will do what they can to correct probs. And any wrong coated one will be free in the long run.
By all means send the another email on your order- my guess is that due to the big volume of emails it may not be an instant response. But they will get back to you.
Here is a link about one response from AixiZ on the lens mix-up.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/aixiz-lasers-445-lens-coating-mistake-52980.html
PEACE(please)--hak

Last edited:
I contacted Chuck myself about the lens. His reply:

"Dear ff-racer,
It?s a darn long and painful story that thankfully is resolved.
Address for replacement?
The ones you received were part of the 100 unit incorrect coated
batch that was not supposed to go out. They are 85% efficient at 455 FYI.

Chuck - aixiz_lasers"

So it does not sound like the entire shipment is affected.

Doug

Now without a official response i am uneasy about it all.

I understqand people getting swamped with orders , and thats a good thing.

But there is an error , lets fix it.

and move forward.

Last edited:

ReNNo

Now try it with a single-element glass lens, like a 405-g-1, and make your observations at no less than 20m.

I've had crappy experiences with 405-g-1 lenses myself. Every single-element glass lens that I've tried or seen from others experiences do not seem to give a very clean beam profile in the far field when compared to a multi-element setup. They all produce relatively clean profiles with similar divergence close to the aperture, but as you get farther and farther away the profiles turn to shit.. acrylics included. The multi-element lenses seem to keep a fairly clean beam profile even quite far away from the source.

There are one main reasons why 405-g-1 lens doesn't make clean beam.

- Short focal length that makes bad divergence
- Because of short focal length diode is very close to lens and almost all light goes through big aperture.
Not as Aixiz lens where edges of fast axis are cut.

You cannot compare lenses that are different focal length.

Met with Len the other day and we discussed all this. About 100 of the lenses were manufactured with an off-coating. Shipping had sent these out to the smaller orders (1 or 2 lens orders) mistaking what I had said. If anyone had received one of these, please email me at cmaricle@aixiz.com with your address and how many units and we will reship the correct ones. Jay and Len have the correct units as of this time. All other bulk orders will be going out today.

For future reference, we have a university research optics lab fabricating these so this is not a "mass commercial" product. In the next few weeks we will be marketing custom multi-element lenses for virtually any wavelength needed.

As always, my apologies for this alignment of the planets, but all is better now : )

We depend on people like all of you for our business.

Thank you!

Chuck

There are one main reasons why 405-g-1 lens doesn't make clean beam.

- Short focal length that makes bad divergence
- Because of short focal length diode is very close to lens and almost all light goes through big aperture.
Not as Aixiz lens where edges of fast axis are cut.

You cannot compare lenses that are different focal length.

You're certainly correct. My responses are always intended to keep things simple unless the thread in question is dealing with lens calculations specifically. That's why I simply say that I've had the best results with multi-element lenses, which is just the simple truth. I HAVE always had better results from multi-element lenses, and I think for most members here who are interested in having the best beam quality from a diode using simple optics my response is sufficient. It's a simple way for me to state my results without having to write loads of details, which I don't have time to write when I'm at work.. There are actually a host of factors involved in why one lens assembly gives better or different results than another. There are also often slight differences in performance between lens assemblies of the same type from the same manufacturer.

My responses don't contradict what you're saying, they're just simplified. There's a huge difference.

Last edited:
:gj:You are a good man Chuck. Keep up the great customers service.:gj:

Thats way you are one of the best company out there!!! :D

:)

Last edited:
@cmaricle I have used my account at your store login to corrispond in regards to my lenses. I would prefer if you could use that for handling my needs. Its safer and more
legit IMHO.

If this isn't good let me know either here or PM. Thank you in advanced jander6442