Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A130 vs A140 diodes - are they different?

GSS

Iv'e watched enough of the show "Wheeler's and Dealer's" that iv'e should of remembered the the word spanner being a wrench:shhh::rolleyes:

Spanner, if you do end up getting the projector it would be nice for you to tell us how it worked out:)

Last edited:

I think the trolling issue has already been explained;) If I buy equipment I will definitely show you everything and measure but I have to know if it is worth it. The thread A vs M vs H read and nothing there actually does not have about 130. I can buy the device A130 or M130 or A140 or A131 or A130V for the same price. The question that will be the best. And all the fun in this would be to undress yourself. I am a passionate elector and it will be fun for me

Spanner, I have a lot of M140 laser diodes I am no longer going to use, can you use them?

Encap

I think the trolling issue has already been explained;) If I buy equipment I will definitely show you everything and measure but I have to know if it is worth it. The thread A vs M vs H read and nothing there actually does not have about 130. I can buy the device A130 or M130 or A140 or A131 or A130V for the same price. The question that will be the best. And all the fun in this would be to undress yourself. I am a passionate elector and it will be fun for me

"but I have to know if it is worth it" --what does that mean/what do you mean by that? "Worth it" in what way?
You are 10 years too late---those individual diodes are worth nothing to anyone here----is what everyone, so far, has been telling you repeatedly

Buy whatever you want to buy and use your spare time as you see fit, for whatever reasons.
None of your choices are worth anything to anyone on LPF nor really anywhere else that I can find so..... Maybe if you can get the projectors for free or $10 to $20 each you could maybe sell complete working arrays as replacements for old projectors if you can find a customer. Most people throw 10 year old projectors in the garbage can and buy a brighter and more current model.

What you do is up to only you--all your listed choice are yesterday's rubbish nobody wants so.....pick one.

You keep going around and around in circles with the same question and you have been given the answer many times---the A130/A140 series are a waste of time and money-- they were something to consider 10 years ago--if you are obsessed with buying one of those projectors look for a new or low hours used A140 and you have a chance of getting slightly stronger brighter binned diodes or mix of stronger and weaker.
Nobody has been even slightly interested in A130/A140 diodes for years--they are worthless/worth nothing --are just historical curiosities--they are ancient, a relatively inferior generation diodes whose day and usefulness has long been over--no longer produced/manufactured.

If you have to buy one then buy one if they are worth it to you--they are not worth the time of day to anyone else. If you pay more than $20-$50 for 130 projectors to harvest the diodes it is too much $s, unless your time is worthless.

M140 A-types and M-types which some people are still interested but are hard to sell and very few even bother with them. are available for <$10 each on eBay so your 130 series might be worth $3 to $5 each if you can find anyone who wants them and it will not be easy---see: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pack-M140-A-Type-Blue-Laser-Diodes-445nm-5-6mm-1-6W-1-8W-Watt-Output-Qty-5/122424005784?hash=item1c810a1498:g:pzwAAOSwFe5XykfY
"This listing is for FIVE M140 A-Type laser diodes. The diode emits a 445nm wavelength with output power reaching 1.8 watts. Each diode is carefully extracted from a new or low hours laser diode array. Each diode is tested in a heat-sink'd module to ensure functionality. Rubber boot may have been removed during testing. Please inform me if you would like it included."

PS Here is a detailed statistical analysis, on another forum, done in 2011 of 1700 pieces of A130 and A140 diodes: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php/13407-A-Statistical-Analysis-of-A130-vs-A140

Last edited:

Encap

If he wont take free M140 diodes from me, I give up.

and those are so much better than what he is considering, 2W---go figure?

Call it whatever you want--he has to be playing some kind of bad necro-technology joke on himself , LPF or both, it seems :crackup:

Last edited:

GSS

^^^^^^^^^All of the above ^^^^^^^
Spanner, Encap gave you a example link of 5 M140 A type's which will give you a total of 10 of which the $100 your willing to spend for the heavy used A130 projector..and Alaskan is willing to give you some..
Problem with this hobby is,,,you will come to regret the for the same money you will get 2 times the output and the same divergence with the M140 over the 130's..It's a given;)
If the thrill of opening up and salvaging something that might have a few good diodes is what you like, then it's your choice:)

Encap

^^^^^^^^^All of the above ^^^^^^^
Spanner, Encap gave you a example link of 5 M140 A type's which will give you a total of 10 of which the $100 your willing to spend for the heavy used A130 projector..and Alaskan is willing to give you some..
Problem with this hobby is,,,you will come to regret the for the same money you will get 2 times the output and the same divergence with the M140 over the 130's..It's a given;)
If the thrill of opening up and salvaging something that might have a few good diodes is what you like, then it's your choice:)

Spanner can buy the complete low hours A130 arrays of 24 diodes on ebay for asking price of $52 or $2.16 per diode---probably can get them for much less
See: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CASIO-XJ-A130-Bulb-LSA-20-Only-864-hours-used/192354223884

As mentioned above here is detailed statistical analysis, on another forum, of 1700 pieces A130 and AQ140 diodes in hopes Spanner stops asking anything about them here on LPF. He can go ask the same questions 10 times of the PL people about them instead and see where that gets him :crackup: : http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php/13407-A-Statistical-Analysis-of-A130-vs-A140

Last edited:
Ok thanks for this link. Alaskan want send to me some good M140diodes- i'm very happy :yh: I understood yours arguments. Thanks for links to ebay too, and for dissuade me of buy this ancient machine.

I've been chatting with this member spanner on FB, he's amazing, he showed me a pdf article he wrote about lasers. wow...

Encap

The A-130 may be the perfect diode for newcomers-- cheap enough to kill a few while learning how NOT to kill your diodes.

Nobody has or sells the A130 diodes any more from so long ago---the A140 are still out there at around $10 each

I have at least one M140 and maybe an A140 in my stock. I still like the M140s, though I haven't built anything with one for sometime now. I might get around to building another.....possibly for a friend or member here. I don't need another for myself right now, though.

m3vuv

so after reading this thread im still no nearer to an answer,i have a ca$i0 xj-135 projector,i thought they were m-140a diodes in it,but if i run them at 1200ma they die,are they m-130 diodes,if so what are the specs any ideas?

GSS

I don't know the best "ma" to set A130's but I believe 700mw is their best comfort zone.

m3vuv

any idea of the optical output power?,if i set them to burn anything they last about 10 seconds at most!