Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A Guide To Buying Your First Green Laser

No, it's a piece that goes into the laser with a small key ring attached to it, without which the laser doesn't function. Another safety feature, I suppose. Attempts at keeping innocent babies from blinding themselves. :thinking:
A bit annoying, if you ask me...
Back to my 405 nm pointer for now. =[
Faona said, "We will ship the parcel out to you in today by UPS.
Tracking number is HXXXXXXXXXX. It should arrive your side on the coming Tuesday."
Ahh, how I love the Chinese way of slaughtering the English language. ;)

I'm also getting another pair of goggles, so I can burn stuff without setting fire to my friend's retinas.

Oh, I usually call that the safety key... Still looking forward to that review!
smiley.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEDshoppe

LEDshoppe sells pretty good pens. Most notible are the 5mW's (extremely overspec sometimes), and the 50mW laser. The 50mW laser is only $24, which is the best mW per $ on the market! People living in the US have been buying the 5mW lasers as an alternative to the DX lasers, which stoped shipping do to the FDA.
*should be DUE*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please inform me of any typos you might come across, I just found a ton. I hope this guide helped!

There you go a typo :)

Last edited:
If you want old lap-top batteries, you can try going to your local computer repair stores & ask them if they have any old PC batteries that you can have. They'll probably give you a few for free. If they don't or won't all they can say is NO or BEAT IT PUNK HA HA HA !!! J/K Anyway, try around to any computer repair store. That would be your best bet for some free, used, PC batteries.............. rob

Does anyone know if English computer repair shops would do that, I'm getting my first 18650 powered laser and some free batteries would be great, any ideas whether British repair shops would be that nice?

Are these batteries ok to recharge with my normal charger?

Were they OK to charge with a normal charger?

Peter

Last edited:
Oh, I usually call that the safety key... Still looking forward to that review!
smiley.gif

Were they OK to charge with a normal charger?

Peter

Yeah, I just saw somebody call it a safety key. I guess that's the more accepted term than "plug-ring-thingy". :p
I will do the review when I get my SAFETY KEY in the mail, and have access to a camera. I'll post it in the green laser forum section.

And I never got an answer from anyone about the laptop 18650s being ok to recharge, so I assumed they were and tried. They were on for about an hour, then I took them off. They were warm, but no warmer than general after charging a battery. I haven't been able to try them yet, but still have them. I can try them when my safety key arrives!

I haven't been able to try them yet, but still have them. I can try them when my safety key arrives!

Please LMK when you are able to test them, if they dont work with a normal charger there's not much point in me bothering going round comp repair shops for some :)

Thanks, fixed. :)

I have no idea, but like Lasersbee said, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

OK, I'll go round begging when I get confirmation from Phaser2stun that they actually can charge properly :)

Also love tha DP, I got that pic(without the laser eyes) on my iPod best animal ever.

Last edited:
Also love tha DP, I got that pic(without the laser eyes) on my iPod best animal ever.

I'm assuming you mean the lizard thing? I have absolutely no idea what the thing is, I just googled 'salamander' or something like that.
grin.gif

I'm assuming you mean the lizard thing? I have absolutely no idea what the thing is, I just googled 'salamander'

Well it's called an Axolotl. I saw it on QI first (GO QI) basically its a salamander that doesn't grow up (unless you inject it with iodine).

They grow up kinda like tadpoles (through metamorphosis) but this strain of salamander stopped metamorphosing (for an unknown reason).

They originated in Mexico :)

Sorry this is off topic but its an awsome animal.

Peter

That's interesting... I know absolutely nothing about salamanders, lol. I think you're the second person that has complemented my lizard.

I don't know anything other than that (and that some are fireproof :p)

AND I only know those 2 facts because I watch QI (Best TV program ever)

Peter

I posted the beginning of that review on my FGB <200mW (advertised) greenie.
Will post the second bit tomorrow morning.

Just to second a few good reviews on the ebay reviews, I recently bought a green 5mW ebay model, as everyone else has said before the packing is nothing special but it works, pot modding can be done if the model you get is actually 5mw but most are overspec'd (As has already beesn said). As for Pot modding, if you do decide to, keep in mind that you can fry the diode so don't push it too far!!
I ordered an ebay green a couple of days ago, looks the same as Nirmarea's but the price is US $5.44 with free postage, so a little cheaper. Sellers name is fly-ebe with a 99.3% feedback

So I am very happy with my opotronics 40mw laser, but now I need a good kaleidoscope tip and I am having a hard time just finding the tip.

Any suggestions?

So I am very happy with my opotronics 40mw laser, but now I need a good kaleidoscope tip and I am having a hard time just finding the tip.

Any suggestions?

Look up "diffraction grating". They're pretty expensive if you get the good ones though. As far as I know Dragonlasers makes the best, though shipping costs a lot from there. I think Opto sells some cheaper ones.

[EDIT] Here's the links:

http://www.dragonlasers.com/catalog/Diffraction-Gratings-price0-p-1-c-276.html
(They only have two patterns, and they're $12 each)

http://www.optotronics.com/proddetail.php?prod=f-006
(Quite a bit cheaper, and I'm not even sure what patterns are in there)

Should I get a ledshoppe or rayfoss 50mW pen

LEDshoppe. Neither one will be the best of quality, but the LEDshoppe has a higher chance of being overspec. If for some reason you want to make sure the laser isn't too much more powerful than 50mW, get the Rayfoss because it will will probably have an output closer to the advertised output.

Last edited:

DJNY

According to sandidgepatrick and daguin, WLASER has also the right to be mention in the good-companies-list.