Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

A Guide To Buying Your First Green Laser

I really don't know that much about BR. You need to take this to the blu-ray section, instead of posting in the green section, sorry.

Hey Roosl, In your signature it says "donate when you don't need batteries" That's GREAT ADVICE but, if you used re-chargeable batteries, just think how much you'd be able to donate then ????? Just food for thought.......rob
PS BTW, I see you're from Phoenix. Now check out my Forum name, ROCK ON !!!!!!!! Also, I have a GREEN laser for sale with goggles for only $75.00. See my two threads in the BS&T Section. One is for the laser, the other for the goggles, but at the end of each thread, I offer a deal where you get both items for one low price !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dragon Lasers

Dragon Lasers sells a pretty good selection of lasers. The quality is good, and they are overspec. DL also sells the cheapest safety goggles.

What about Laser2go.com? They sell cheap glasses (29.00 w/ free shipping) that have been reported as good.

Hey Roosl, In your signature it says "donate when you don't need batteries" That's GREAT ADVICE but, if you used re-chargeable batteries, just think how much you'd be able to donate then ????? Just food for thought.......rob
PS BTW, I see you're from Phoenix. Now check out my Forum name, ROCK ON !!!!!!!!
Yeah, Rob, that's my point! It's more colorful than "donate instead of buying Starbucks" - wait, maybe that's a good one, too. Anyway..

For awhile I kept getting you and bryce007 confused. He is also here in the valley of the Sun!

Dragon Lasers

Dragon Lasers sells a pretty good selection of lasers. The quality is good, and they are overspec. DL also sells the cheapest safety goggles.

What about Laser2go.com? They sell cheap glasses (29.00 w/ free shipping) that have been reported as good.

I have seen good things about the goggles, (indirect exposure, anyway), but they still aren't certified, and I wouldn't recommend anything but a certified pair of goggles to take a direct hit.

HI, great guide!

I discovered a sight on the net with very promising text. It's a Chinese factory so I am suspicious, also I did not find it your review. :can:They are: GreenLaserPointer.Org Group Limited :can:

Their prices are higher than O-Like or Rayfoss however they also promise much more...

Do you guys have any experience with them?

Thanks a lot..

What do you mean they promise more?

GLP.org 500-600mW laser: $1,200

O-like 600mW IR filtered: $800

Unless you want to take a serious chance, I would not buy an untested laser. I try to put reviewed lasers up here when a new one pops up. So no, I don't think there has been any (reported) experience with them.

I ment they are really try to be convicing about the stability of their products at the same time thir contact mail doesn"t even function... I guess you are right, no matter where I look the final answer will be optronics..

I've been reading around here for a few hours now but I still can't decide, all the searching has revealed even more options :D

I already have a "200mW" red focusable laser from DX (don't know the real output) which burns everything dark really fast - balloons, matches, fireworks, plastic wrappers and it melts chocolate. The strength is great for me, but the beam is hardly visible in daylight so I wanted to ask Santa for a green laser.

First I was thinking of Welcome to focalprice.com | The lowest Price for DS R4 lite,PSP Slim,Genuine Earphone,SONY EX71 EX082,PS2,Macbook Accessories etc. but I read here it isn't very reliable. The price is around my upper limit, though.

In short, what I want is (in this order):
- Bright, visible beam day&night
- Burns stuff like the red one, I would be ok with a little less too
- Makes a yellow tone when combined with the red

What is the best I can get for under 40$?

I'm thinking of buying a green laser, and i got some questions. Is a normal laser more likely to last longer than a pen laser, and what does it mean when the it is a "true" laser, or "factory-modded"?

Hey, thanks for the reply! I have few questions remaining about the laser you suggested, though.

1. What is the real output? Is 50 over- or underrated?
2. How big does the beam grow when shone over a large distance?
3. Is the beam visible in daylight? The brightest for the price, you know of?
4. How is this compared with DealExtreme: $20.90 True 50mW Green Laser Pointer Pen Black or http://www.rayfoss.com/pro_info.asp?id=1596 ?

And, in combination with 1&2 above, is this strong enough to light a match or pop (darker) balloons? Can it melt plastic?

Oh, and, does the voltage of the batteries matter? Is a 3v CR2 powered laser brighter than a 1.5 AAA?

I hope you, or anyone else, could also answer those questions, I'll give you +rep!

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
-It's just about 50mW
-It's focusable
-The beam should be slightly visible indoors during the day. You would need many watts of power to see a clear beam outside.
-The only other 50mW lasers I would recommend would be the LEDshoppe pen and the O-like or Rayfoss torch styles

This video covers burning and other questions.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/50mw-cr2-green-handheld-budgetgadgets-37900.html

Oh, and don't bother with the rep, I don't really care about that.

The BAD

These are the sites you should NEVER buy from. They're underspec, have questionable quality, and are just plain scammers.

Wicked Lasers
WarnLasers
TechLasers
BOBLaser
BestOfferBuy

You should add The ultimate source for Lasers and Accessories and Build a Blue laser Home , 50% off laser diodes to the BAD list because they are complete scammers... i lost 100 dollars from laserdiy.com, not that they messed up somewhere, but i realized later that they are selling a plain PHR803T diode for $75... no joke, look it up yourself...

has anyone heard of the site laserto.com? i bought a laser from them and i cant get any one to contact me back?? i think i wasted 200 bucks

Back