Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

8x Drive Mini "GB"....

Dusty

P.S. But i seriously wanted to sleep tonight...[/SIZE] :undecided:

Dont work yourself too hard Igor, you're no good to us if you keel over from lack of sleep before the 8x's are finished!!:eg:

Im just joking lol...:yh:, but seriously sleep is good

Krutz

..dont want a zombie all over our diodes, molesting and torturing them! get some sleep, yes? :p

manuel

IgorT

..dont want a zombie all over our diodes, molesting and torturing them! get some sleep, yes? :p

manuel

I came to the same conclusion and got some sleep that night...

Don't worry guys, i'll take good care of your diodes... :yh:

IgorT

I know, i know...

Otherwise, working on them as we speak.

I have to prepare and start the experiment ASAP, so that i can get some work done while it's running..

IgorT

I have a few more diodes to go through but i have to go to sleep, so i'll finish tomorrow.

I forgot to post a pic of the GB diodes after extraction and cleanup (= removing the thermal epoxy from the base - i use a surgical scalpel to clean it off)..

As you can see, all the heatsinks are all still in one piece, the removal method is so gentle, it barelly leaves a mark (the heatsink could even be reused).. :yh:

I just squeeze the heatsinks gently from a few sides, from the bottom end (around the diode base), the thermal epoxy bond breaks and the dode can be just wiggled out...

It's a method i started using with 4x's and later with 6x's.. With my first GGW 6x, which i paid over $300 for, i used a diamond plated dremel disk to cut the heatsink in half, took me an hour and i was scared i would cut into the diode base the whole time.

But this method takes only seconds for a diode and poses no risk to them whatsoever.

P.S. In this photo, bags 1-3 are empty, cos i installed those three diodes in test modules before taking the pic.

EDIT: Heh, not only empty but reversed as well... Only noticed it just now.. :D

Attachments

• GB 8x's After Extraction.JPG
    GB 8x's After Extraction.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

IgorT

That's the only pic i have taken so far, but i'll take some more when i start hooking everything up to the cycler.. :yh:

With my first GGW 6x, which i paid over $300 for, i used a diamond plated dremel disk to cut the heatsink in half, took me an hour and i was scared i would cut into the diode base the whole time...
lol (or should I say :eek:) - while the rest of us are nervous about screwing up while carving our pumpkins, the man's locked himself in his dungeon, not only torturing innocent diodes with varying amounts of mAh, but with a dremel saw as well...

Happy (belated) Halloween, Igor :crackup:

IgorT

8x GB INSTRUCTIONS

Now that the diodes are plotted, it'll soon be time, to wrap this up.

In order to organize everything:
- Every GB participant please write me an email.
- Use "8x GB ORDER SUMMARY" for the email SUBJECT!

In the email:
1. Mention your FORUM NICKNAME!

2. Describe your wishes for your diode:
- If you just wanted a tested 8x diode, say that.
- If you want a complete laser, let me know which model, driver, lens, and any other details on your mind, as well as the power you were hoping for (we will adjust our wishes after we know what the 8x's are trully capable of, of course)...

3. Write your CORRECTLY FORMATTED Shipping Address in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS (so i can easily just copy/paste & print without spending time on formatting)...

That should be it.

daguin

I'm not really a GB participant. What do you need from me?

The BDR heat sink went out in a regualr envelope to you today.

Peace,
dave