Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

8X Diode Murder fund

daguin

Re: Lol !

Wow, I wasn't trying to offend anyone or imply that Igor should dedicate 100% of his time toward this testing. I was just curious if the 1st 8X diode was still living.

If you will read through the thread, you will see, that "updates" happen when there is something to report. Your question sounded like a child in the back seat of the car asking, "Are we were there yet?" ;)

Patience.

Peace,
dave

CHP

If you will read through the thread, you will see, that "updates" happen when there is something to report. Your question sounded like a child in the back seat of the car asking, "Are we were there yet?" ;)

Patience.

Peace,
dave

I guess I'm missing something. But, if you would read through the thread, I was the person plotting the percent degradation versus operating minutes on a log-log plot after Igor posted updated data. The last update was when the diode was at 150 hours. It seemed that the updates were determined by Igor which I am fine with.

I was curious if another plot was run or planned to be run or it was just going to be cycled until death.

Looks like I hit a couple nerves. I'll go away.

daguin

I guess I'm missing something. But, if you would read through the thread, I was the person plotting the percent degradation versus operating minutes on a log-log plot after Igor posted updated data. The last update was when the diode was at 150 hours. It seemed that the updates were determined by Igor which I am fine with.

I was curious if another plot was run or planned to be run or it was just going to be cycled until death.

Looks like I hit a couple nerves. I'll go away.

No need to "go away." Many people are watching this thread. I was just letting you know why asking that question was an exercise in futility

Peace,
dave

I'm still bummed that the murder was called off on diode #1. :cryyy:

midol.jpg

Well after following this thread since the beginning and over 30+ pages of nothing but murder and dieing talk it ends with a reprieve of the death sentence. Damn. :p

Maybe the thread title should be changed to 8x diode torture fund instead of murder fund. :)

Last edited:

daguin

Well after following this thread since the beginning and over 30+ pages of nothing but murder and dieing talk it ends with a reprieve of the death sentence. Damn. :p

Maybe the thread title should be changed to 8x diode torture fund instead of murder fund. :)

A scientist's life is filled with disappointment and failure. More often than not (especially in the early parts of a line of research) your original hypothesis will be wrong. You do not try to "force" it to be right. You accept it and learn from it.

Peace,
dave

HIMNL9

Wow, I wasn't trying to offend anyone or imply that Igor should dedicate 100% of his time toward this testing. I was just curious if the 1st 8X diode was still living.

LOL ..... no, no, you not offended me in any way, sorry if i gave you that impression ..... mine was basically a joke reply (see all the smilies ;))

w_toro_blk.jpg