Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

808nm what's Color ?

Invisible. Slight blinding red dot on a surface, but not a true 'color'.

Fiddy

mazda 808?

29710470028_large.jpg

Guys stop trolling him!

He obviously means the Nokia 808. Well, it can come in an array of colours, ranging from black to red!

nokia808pureview.jpg

You can see 808nm at at night....the black 808nm photons cause a sort of black shadow, so the background light is absorbed. With a 808nm beam you actually see the shadow of the beam.
This is exactly the opposite way a torch beam works, the white light photons let through the photons from the background, therfore you can see the beam and background.

Simple physics.

NOTE to anyone reading the post I am quoting: in case you cannot tell, IT'S A JOKE.

Nothing can create the effect of a beam "glowing black" or "forming a shadow".

808nm infrared light is perceived as very dim red, but looking at the dot of a high power 808nm laser without protective goggles WILL BLIND YOU even if the dot seems dim to you. Firing a high power IR laser at a rave party would be EXTREMELY STUPID AND DANGEROUS and would result in many blind partygoers.

When using a high power laser of any wavelength, always make sure that you and anyone else who can see the laser is wearing the appropriate protective goggles.

BLINDNESS IS NOT A JOKE!

Last edited:
The face you make when you burn stuff with your 808nm nokia laser :eg:

nokia-808-pureview-woman-laughing.jpg

ped

Guys, can we please keep a lid on it here?

I cant believe all the immature, and incorrect answers given here!

He obviously meant 808 state!.

808statePacific80898Cubikcd1.jpeg

Last edited:
Guys, can we please keep a lid on it here?

I cant believe all the immature, and incorrect answers given here!

He obviously meant 808 state!.

808statePacific80898Cubikcd1.jpeg

Thanks for setting us all straight :scowl: I truly feel bad. I should of known he meant those 808 headphones he needs to listen to Rebecca Black's FRIDAY on repeat!

808_glosswhite_redbg-580x420.png

Really shouldn't joke around with a question like this imo. It's very important that good and helpful information gets out immediately when a safety issue is concerned, regardless of whether someone is new or not. Thanks Devil Master for doing just that. +1 rep.

2c, T.

Last edited:

Matrix

Get a 808nm laser if you plan on going blind and not knowing about it.

daguin

Get a 808nm laser if you plan on going blind and not knowing about it.
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

I might be going out on a limb here, but I think I would notice if I had gone blind :na:

I think others might notice as well and would probably bring it to my attention :bday:

Peace,
dave