Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

700$ brightest laser i can buy.

Hi Guys, I'm Looking to buy a Awsome laser for Stargazing, And wanted to know what is the best for my price range 700$. I was told Not to Buy from wicked lasers by a friend. as I was Looking into the Spyder 3 series. I want it to be super bright. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.:thinking: I am also willing to buy from someone on here if they have anything used or Whatnot.

Thanks!

Blord

The brightness laser is the green laser. For $700 you can buy a very strong laser.

Please take time to read the Terms of Use, especially the Rules & Stickies, Welcome and Safety & Legal Issues forums

Do take the effort to carefully follow the LPF Search, Introduction, and Tips and use these search features liberally before posting (asking questions that are easily found by search, research, and reading without taking the effort to do so on your own may draw swift & negative responses :spank:).

And browse the Buy, Sell, & Trade :drool: to become acquainted with the builders that have worked to develop solid reputations.

If you become interested in buying anything on the forum then be sure to read the 6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed :cryyy:

Also of interest may be the 39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers :tsk:

Get Some Safety Goggles Now! – Your Eyesight is Not Optional! Hit in eye with 1000mw 445nm blue laser :eek:

If your experience here is rewarding and enjoyable then seriously consider giving back by way of Donating to LPF. LPF is provided free of charge but every donation is very much appreciated and helps defray the inherent overhead operating costs. :beer:

Now just sit back, relax, read, learn, buy, build, and contribute, where in no time at you will find that you have become a laser pointer addict just like the rest of us. :D

Like Blord said, green will be the best for visibility, but you probably won't need $700 worth of green for stargazing, especially if it's your first laser. Also it sounds like you'll want something handheld, $700 is more in the price range of a labby

If you want something bright within your budget: get an 800mW green handheld. (Nobody can guarantee 1W green handhelds yet). People have been doing good with jetlasers PL-E, and I've been happy with lasever. Take your pic, either are recommended in my book.

Also, with the money you don't spend on the laser itself spend on a good pair of safety googles.

Edit: if such power is actually needed for stargazing :p

Last edited:

Paddy

I find even 120mw is overkill for pointing out stars, unless it's at dusk/dawn then i would see why a higher power laser would be more suited.
Try Jetlasers, Laserglow or Optotronics though for good quality high power greens. :)
(Let us know what you eventually go with! Good luck)

Haha first post is "I have $700, I want the brightest laser"! :crackup:

If it's just for stargazing save your money and buy a $10 greenie from eBay.

You also failed to mention your experience with high powered "handheld lasers" >5mW

kilter

50 mw max for stargazing. Budgetgadgets cr2 laser is pretty good.

For that kind of money you can get dang near anything you like.
I personally like the look of the riffle model form lazerer.

There more powerful lasers out there, but how much power do ya need for pointing at stars.

As stated by others before me, use some of that money for a good pair of safety goggles. You will sooner or later, want to see what else you can do with your new toy, and decide to try burning something with it! And you will need safety goggles for that.
I look forward to finding out what you decide to buy.

Encap

A 50mw 532nm green would be fine for point at stars but if you want as bright as possible to the eye and excellent quality at a reasonable price, get a JetLasers, PL-E 600mw 532nm green in one of the group buys here at LPF

Point at stars, $700 just to point at stars. You can do a lot more than just point at stars with $700 :pop:

i guess if you're serious(like a telescope w/ mounted to green to show observers where you are magnifying). i usually go with a 445 since it sends back less particulate shine and has a very visible beam, also with proper heatsinking you will get a better duty cycle from direct diode as opposed to a dpss system(532nm green). just for hand pointing i'd agree with the rest of these enthusiasts. you can get an ok greenie with a clear enough beam for less than 30 usd(but not much less) 5mW 532nm Stars Light Show Special Effects Green Laser Pen (1*AAA) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
lasers like that are usually about 45ish mw but it's a crap shoot you might get a 125.. or just a dead pointer or anywhere in between. with your price range i would go for a sweet 589 from cni, i guess its a personal thing but i love the gold beam for pointing out stars (it also makes the star type more recognizable ie. o type b type m/k )

for stars anything more than a cheap green is not only un needed but will be bad for keeping your natural night vision.

at some star parties no laser of any power is welcome- let alone a 700$ one.. are you for real- if not plz dont waste our space and time here.

I will be doing a review of two near 1W greens next week- PL-E 532/ 700 from JetLaser- they fall within your price range. (almost)

you need PROPER (not cheapies) eye ware for you and anyone with you - you may want to keep a good lawyer on retainer and any lasing of aircraft even un-intentional is a felony- INTENTIONAL lasing aircraft is =NOW a FEDERAL OFFENCE..

I will help you get one with proof of age and eyeware-- ONLY.. GL

Well, I thank all of your Responses. Sorry it took so long to reply. Well Hakzaw Im the one hosting. I have More money than I know what to do with at the moment, I also work 60-70 hours a week busting my ass. bdgreenb Telescope mounting i a great idea. Picked up a Supposed 20mw laser off ebay. And through out my research I found This Little gem "Survival Laser II Special Edition 445nm 2.2W" from survival laser That is for Burning man in Augest I also camp a & hunt in the seirras a bunch in the winter Hoping it could be used as a Beacon if I ever find myself lost "Flare Guns Arnt the best idea in the mountains seeing as how cali catches fire easly. I will be set up in the "Laser
& Pyro camp" for others attending BM. Cant miss us. The reason I stated 700$ was i was wanting Hi Quality as most stuff I buy. Glad I didnt go with Wicked Lasers. Hope all of you are well tonight and in good spirits. And yes safty and responsabilety are a Must with lasers just as Driving a car or White water rafting. sorry if I misspelled im Pooped out and ready for bed.

dang!! Burning Man has always been on my bucket list-- lucky you!!
HAS to be a super place to have hnadhelds- with smoke in the air everywhere.
WE Demand some pics (please!!)

As for a laser being good when in need of rescue- I could not agree more.
I have one that blinks SOS at two speeds- Also one from AixiZ Lasers that is fairly high power 532 and also waterproof-

If course anytime a laser is used for a person in distress the laws covering aircraft do NOT apply.
Certainly hope you never need to be rescued but a wise person is always ready.

You can see the latest of highest quality with the very best customer service and warranty at JETLASERS.org.
The prices there are retail.. if you can wait until the next (#8) JL GB you will save.
Also if you are in a rush I may be persuaded to sell you something from my well-cared-for collection... email me at gmail or yahoo- and I will attach some pics for you..
GL hak