Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

594/604/612/633 RAMAN maybe?

benmwv

Did you try separating the lines with a grating so only the new line goes in the spectro?

Also post the pics!

^ Very beautiful laser indeed. The 4th line would also hop from TEM01 to TEM00. It is really weird!

IsaacT

He PMd me about this and I just threw my hands in the air.

1. Bloompyle buys an interesting looking HeNe on ebay.
2. Doesnt really work.
3. Dr. Sam puts it through the ropes.
4. Its Alive!
5. Its multiline?! Awesome. Lucky bastard!
6. Dr. Sam perfectly aligns the mirrors offhand at SELEM and an unheadd of line rears its head.

its official, bloom needs to play the lotrery!

Keep in mind we were doing our best to get a decent color correction by not over saturating the camera element. Each end does about 2mW (1.98 and 1.7 respectively).

Once the ~609 line stabilizes, it'll eventually stabilize for a couple hours, to sometimes longer.

Tried metering just the ~609 by blocking the rest. Mariomaster's Spectro said it was about ~594 :rolleyes:

We have a 15mb raw image that I will upload post-SELEM. It does wonders showing off the colors well.

This laser has just done incredible things over the last 24 hours that has everyone scratching their heads. Time to hit the books!

Last edited:
This is the best pics with my phone. Took a pic with the ghost spectrum so that it didn't over saturate the camera.

MarioMaster has a much better raw picture of it. Will post when I get it.

0q0r.jpg

You still make me sick!!!! :na:

Hope your 612 makes it home safe and sound along with your other trinkets and baubbles.

Who knows maybe I'll snag that 612 I was offered in the next few months.

It's not multiline, but I think the power is higher. (Although the tube isn't as interesting)

We'll have to talk sometime, or with Sam about extra-cavity spectral broadening.

Although your's wasn't the only REALLY oddball HeNe there. What did you think of the 594 with the secondary Green line?

Last edited:
Sorry :p

I think it did twice as much as mine, it really was beautiful.

I can probably answer most questions about external cavity work, but he's definitely someone you will want to talk to :)

That green and yellow dual HeNe was stunning. I was telling him not to tell it, I don't think I would feel right taking such a stunning laser off of someone's hands.

Still waiting to get those argon optics, and some mirror mounts. Can't wait to see hundreds of mW's of my Ar lines.

Hoping I can simply tune to each one and keep the cavity aligned for each one.

Last edited:
I may have forgotten to text MM about that photo... tomorrow I promise! Though the one I posted in post #51 is the photo mariomaster took. Its just not the RAW file.

So you're saying this mystery line is due to trace amounts of Argon present in the tube? :thinking: