Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

574nm 36 mW Yellow Laser

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, well you should see all the weird Barbie specials I get now Paul....
Thanks mate....:crackup:

Your wife's going to be wondering what kind of sites that you've been visiting! :whistle:

Do you guys think Opt lasers will try to refine this 575/565 DPSS process if they keep seeing more orders for this item? Possibly reduce their cost of production along with producing a higher quality product?

Stable 575/565 100mW+ lasers would be awesome! :D

-Alex

They may refine the process, but in the short term, I can see prices going up instead of down.
I'd still like to get one in this next batch, at the original price, but who knows.

Last edited:

kecked

I just want to see what I ord red at this point but 100mw would be amazing

All this interest in yellow lasers led me to this while looking for info how these two wavelengths are created.

Optics Communications
Volume 387, 15 March 2017, Pages 357-360

End pumped yellow laser performance of Dy3+:ZnWO4
ZhongchaoXiaFengpoYan

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2016.12.008

Highlights
A square filter is used for TEM00 selection, which is from the Fine Processing.<br>

A novel continuous-wave blue LD pumped Dy:ZnWO4yellow laser at 575 nm is reported.
The laser output is up to 110 mW and the slope efficiency is 13%.

Abstract
We report an end pumped single transverse-mode (TEM00) yellow laser based on Dy3+:ZnWO4 crystal. The pump light is InGaN blue laser diode at 450 nm with the maximum power of 1.5 W. A 3 cm length Dy3+:ZnWO4 crystal served as the gain medium. By way of the square filter, we discuss the TEM00 properties. In continuous-wave operation and single transverse-mode, a maximum output power of 0.110 W and a slope efficiency of 13.0% are achieved at an emission wavelength of 575 nm.
Dy3+:ZnWO4
Yellow laser

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0030401816310719

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The pump diode is 975-976nm on these DPSS's not 450nm. The pump matches up with Pr doped crystals. But still no definite solution has been found to which it is. It's likely to be an entirely different Pr based SFD crystal.
What you've found is another possible way of producing the those wavelengths, but not what is happening in these modules.
Interesting finds though. :beer:

Last edited:
The pump diode is 975-976nm on these DPSS's not 450nm. The pump matches up with Pr doped crystals. But still no definite solution has been found to which it is. It's likely to be an entirely different Pr based SFD crystal.
What you've found is another possible way of producing the those wavelengths, but not what is happening in these modules.
Interesting finds though. :beer:

You've misunderstood my intent. This was posted as a matter if interest of how too create yellow using another method. A method that some of the advanced hobbiests might want to try.

Last edited:
Just a heads up about the Oplaser 575's. I already have 2 565's and ordered 2 575's 1'st week of june. Been waiting like everyone else. I have been in contact with a different person at Opt, checking about once a week. I also inquired about the higher powered versions. This is the reply I got last night:

Hi Jeff
There is a problem about the yellow module.
We need to solve it and guarantee our product quality.
So we need more time (about 2 weeks) to test it.
I hope you can understand us.

By the way , higher powered version is not stable now.
I will inform you when we sell the higher powered yellow module.

Best regards
Hiyal

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Apologies Steve, I thought you were stating the the modules were of that construction. Very interesting indeed, but if you want to try it you’ll need a lot of money. Anyway I meant Yb in my last post not Pr.
Pr:YLF and Pr:pAYAC are two other great 450nm pumped lasers. Yb is pumped by 975-976nm.

Apologies Steve, I thought you were stating the the modules were of that construction. Very interesting indeed, but if you want to try it you’ll need a lot of money. Anyway I meant Yb in my last post not Pr.
Pr:YLF and Pr:pAYAC are two other great 450nm pumped lasers. Yb is pumped by 975-976nm.

👍

I'm not one of the advanced.

Encap

Just a heads up about the Oplaser 575's. I already have 2 565's and ordered 2 575's 1'st week of june. Been waiting like everyone else. I have been in contact with a different person at Opt, checking about once a week. I also inquired about the higher powered versions. This is the reply I got last night:

Hi Jeff
There is a problem about the yellow module.
We need to solve it and guarantee our product quality.
So we need more time (about 2 weeks) to test it.
I hope you can understand us.

By the way , higher powered version is not stable now.
I will inform you when we sell the higher powered yellow module.

Best regards
Hiyal

Ok
We have three recent and independent confirmations of production problems with low cost mass or any production of OPT 575nm lasers.
Post #414, #421, and this one #439

At this point nobody has been able to come up with very low cost components that make plausible and/or explain how OPT can make a 575nm module to use in the product for $5-$10 max or less per module. If OPT is selling the complete product for $24 to $30 depending upon quantity--just the internal module can not be more than that to make.

All the solutions we can find in literature are expensive ones---so the OPT production is still a mystery.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
At this point nobody has been able to come up with very low cost components make plausible and/or explain how OPT can make a 575nm module to use in the product for $5-$10 max per module. If OPT is selling the complete product for $24 to $30 depending upon quantity--just the internal module can be more than that.

All the solutions we can find in literature and very expensive ones---so the OPT production is still a mystery.

Exactly. It's all speculation. My guess is that it is some sort of Yb SFD crystal, but what that is and how recent it's discovery was is anyone's guess. There is no new papers that I can find. What's available to paid individuals I have no idea.

Nexgen

I recieved my unit today. Measures exactly 50mw. Pump Diode is pulling 2A. And exactly same problem with driver, resistor gets hot. Laser shuts off within a minute. Pics coming soon

Last edited:
I recieved my unit today. Measures exactly 50mw. Pump Diode is pulling 2A. And exactly same problem with driver, resistor gets hot. Laser shuts off within a minute. Pics coming soon

Looking forward to see them Robert! :beer:

Did this come from OPT Lasers? You will have to heat sink the output transistor and driver IC on the driver board. It is also a good idea to add a fan to move air over the heat sinks to keep them from overheating. I look forward to your pictures.

Hi, i read something .... maybe interesting here ...

"Figure 2 shows the excitation and emission PL spectra of 1 mol% Dy 3+ doped SrB 2 Si 2 O 8 phosphor sample. Four emission narrow band from trivalent dysprosium were observed in the PL emission at ~482, 575, 661 and 754 nm which corresponded to 4 F 9/2 to 6 H j transitions where j = 15/2, 13/2, 11/2 and 9/2. Two most prominent emission were the renowned blue (482 nm) and yellow (575 nm) emissions of Dy 3+ , intensity of these two emission was utilized to determine the local host site surrounding the rare earth ions. Blue emissions from 4 F 9/2 to 6 H 15/2 were magnetic dipole transition that was independent of crystal environment. Conversely, the 4 F 9/2 to 6 H 13/2 yellow emission were electric dipole transition that were only allowed when Dy 3+ ions resides in low site symmetry surrounding (Hussin et al. 2010). Since 575 nm emissions were stronger than 482 nm emissions, we can conclude that the Dy 3+ resided at low symmetry site that lacked inversion center. The fact that Dy 3+ doped phosphor emits blue and yellow light suggests SrB 2 Si 2 O 8 : Dy 3+ to be a potential candidate for use in white LED .*"

I ordered 2X30$-- ($106 total) but sent the $$ to the wrong pp addy-- had to resend then they sold out. Would have been nice if Freeman would have hung onto the ones I paid for- now getting same mssg about Sq crystals & thanks for waiting w/o complaint-- I had considered doing a group by for 100 units (enough to NOT be ignored) with the forum buying as many as they wanted and AixiZ Laser buying the extras...hard to predict in advance how reliable these lab units are and I do not want to involve AixiZ unless I can be sure its a good deal--NOW I have maybe waited too long.. any other left out and still wanted plz post here and PM me. Not sure which mW these could be so plz note what powers you may want. Those left out can pay more and buy from AixiZ (USA).

so just a late 'feeler'

hak