Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



Laser Pointer Store

50mW CR2 Green Handheld from BudgetGadgets

Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
3,588
Likes
80
Points
0
I has a 5%off but cant share.
 

Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
1,808
Likes
32
Points
0
Mohrenberg said:
i just ordered one.
if it's decent i'll prob order alot more along with laserbees small meter to measure them with before selling them here in US
The 50mW one in this review or the 80mW pen?
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
6,927
Likes
412
Points
0
randomlugia said:
[quote author=Mohrenberg link=1231635447/16#31 date=1235421200]i just ordered one.
if it's decent i'll prob order alot more along with laserbees small meter to measure them with before selling them here in US
The 50mW one in this review or the 80mW pen?[/quote]

i ordered the 50mw with package, whatever the hell that means.....i'm assuming by package they mean the carrying case?
 
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
42
Likes
0
Points
0
I just ordered one... Hope it's decent. I killed my DX 5mw the other day and I need green :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'll make sure and post about it when it gets here.
 
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
15
Likes
0
Points
0
Great Review! I ordered one Monday. I hope its quality is as good as yours. I put the URL to this review in the referral thing styro. On the previous orders page at BG will the order change from "Pending" to like "Shipped" or something when they ship it? or will it stay the same till I receive the item?
 
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
15
Likes
0
Points
0
They just added a picture with a different package than the one Styro received. They also added a battery option where you can choose between an alkaline, 3.0v lithium, and 3.7v rechargeable. Now I'm wondering which style of package I'll get..
P.S. - Anyone got an answer for my last post?
 
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
1,808
Likes
32
Points
0
black_ice_pc said:
I just ordered one... Hope it's decent. I killed my DX 5mw the other day and I need green  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'll make sure and post about it when it gets here.
I've been greenless for over 4 months. :'(
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
6,927
Likes
412
Points
0
blacklightlaser said:
Great Review! I ordered one Monday. I hope its quality is as good as yours. I put the URL to this review in the referral thing styro. On the previous orders page at BG will the order change from "Pending" to like "Shipped" or something when they ship it? or will it stay the same till I receive the item?
never changed from pending for mine.....got it today.
i paid for the extra shipping.....never got a tracking number or anything....just an e-mail saying they had shipped it (although the status always stayed as pending)

mine impression is a bit different from this review as i'm sure they sent him a pretty good unit...
the body itself seems good, it's heavy (black, but not rubberized), and the tail cap threads are incredibly smooth when unscrewing it...
the button seems real cheap like it's going to break any moment though.

the beam is also mis aligned, the edge of the beam is hitting the side and being reflected at a 45 degree angle so i have a glare that shoots out it, the rest of the beam is straight though lol.

i bought the 50mW unit with the case. the case itself is the same as the one in the review but with a differrent foam template.....actually the foam cutout does not even resemble the shape or the laser...... and the battery was just jammed next to the laser, which helped to fill in the over-sized cutout in hhte foam.

the laser was pretty dim when i assembled it, so i removed the battery and put in a 3.6v recharbeable and measured it at 45mW (not bad)
....but for $35........it's still pretty cool. and the body of it is nice.
not the best laser, but for the price it's pretty damn good.

i was hoping to buy a bunch and resell them, but i probably won't as i can deal with these imperfections, but customers would not be happy
 
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
15
Likes
0
Points
0
Yeah, I got an email from them when they shipped it too (Last Thursday). I love the body too, and this review made me choose it over the KD50. We'll see how my unit turns out. If worse comes to worse I'm sure an O-like module would fit in there quite nice. ;)
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
6,927
Likes
412
Points
0
blacklightlaser said:
Yeah, I got an email from them when they shipped it too (Last Thursday). I love the body too, and this review made me choose it over the KD50. We'll see how my unit turns out. If worse comes to worse I'm sure an O-like module would fit in there quite nice.  ;)

:) i'm trying to get the module out right now, theres are thread on the inside of the host, and a ring that screws down around the outer edges of the module to keep it locked down,
i got it unscrewed about hald the way and it stopped.......i might jsut have to cut the end off the laser....


anyone know the diameter of the module?

EDIT: wow.....these hosts are THICK! it's gonna be a pain trying to cut through this sucker.
 
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
15
Likes
0
Points
0
hmmm, could be that whoever assembled misthreaded it or something, which could also account for the misalignment (which assuming from you saying the beam was grazing the aperture, as meaning its more misaligned than greens are usually expected to be)

Anyways, it doesn't change the fact that poor thing barely made it a day in your hands Mohrenberg... lol
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
6,927
Likes
412
Points
0
blacklightlaser said:
hmmm, could be that whoever assembled misthreaded it or something, which could also account for the misalignment (which assuming from you saying the beam was grazing the aperture, as meaning its more misaligned than greens are usually expected to be)

Anyways, it doesn't change the fact that poor thing barely made it a day in your hands Mohrenberg...  lol

haha yeah i am rough on my shit......bu if you gonna pay for something it needs to be able to withstand a beating.....
i have taken it completely apart already lol, it lays on m desk as a bare module.

i'm going to have my machinist make me a heatsink so i can set it in a flashlight

OH, the lens that come with this thing blows, so i put an aixiz lens on it.....and now it's adjustable :)

but the IR diode came out of the housing...and putting it back, i can only get the laser back up to 39mW...instead of the original 45mW
...oh well....
 

Benm

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
7,996
Likes
661
Points
113
Did you get the diode back in the original/optimal rotational position? The crystal set is usually quite sensitive to polarization direction of the pump light.
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
6,927
Likes
412
Points
0
Benm said:
Did you get the diode back in the original/optimal rotational position? The crystal set is usually quite sensitive to polarization direction of the pump light.
it took a while, and i never got it back to full power, but 42mW was good enough for me.
 




Top