Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

488nm Direct Diode 20mW CNI-PGL-III-C Custom Build

Beautiful laser, mate! :D

PS: So this is why you're not replying to my PMs :p

You know there are some things in your goody box that I am dying to buy!

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 16589

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I have been beet.
I was making a broken protera into a "portable". Project box portable that is :tinfoil:

Nice work.

EDIT: OK its now mandatory you must come to SELEM :crackup:

Last edited by a moderator:

rhd

Look who left his cave.:wave: My long time buddy.:beer: Long time since i see you post. Are you back.?

So if i was not clear these where a surplus buy. not from a company. (Which if that was the case i would have got more for any of you guys.)

So as far as i know the 488 are gone for now. Maybe you might find some 473nm still around..

(...)

Though i see you have 495nm in your sig.? Is that a diode.? As well as i see 505nm.? Interesting Never seen those WL before in a diode formate...

Am I back.....
Not really / occasionally. I don't have the time these days to participate too much, but Eagle and building are just great stress relievers. Making things that are physical / tangible is a great way to unwind the mind. To that extent, I'll be around on occasion, but just to create really unorthodox builds for my collection, show people the things I make, and occasionally give the forum my silly
weird Eagle schematics and boards.

So, the 505 is just that original (world's first) direct green handheld that I made back in the day. We didn't know it was 505 at the time because I didn't have a spectrometer.

The 495 is a diode. The story is similar to yours. It was a non-reproducible stroke of luck. Nothing I can repeat. It's distinctly turquoise.

Nichia has a lot of nice part numbers, and I really question why nobody can get them to come down on their pricing with a buy of like 100x. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

Wow... How excellently coherent of you!!
I really like your build and especially your unique wavelength!
Again we've got some master builders on LPF. You most certainly qualify for build of the year!
Like RHD, I too use this forum for stress relief which is much needed over here working in the land of morning calm and heavy traffic.
Really enjoy your pictures too!! Very useful for customizing!! :gj:

...and this has me thinking about doing an exotic build.

Last edited:
Wow. So much detailed stuff you worked on. Very impressing!
And a very lovely wavelength too :)

edit: must spread some rep :/

Thanks.:) Next up will be Dirrect double.:D

Beautiful laser, mate! :D

PS: So this is why you're not replying to my PMs :p

You know there are some things in your goody box that I am dying to buy!

Ive been in my cave. If you Pm'ed me and i dint respond. Sorry. I missed it. Ill ave to go back and find it.... you guys should know me by now. At least for the past 4-5 months i cannot keep up.:(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I have been beet.
I was making a broken protera into a "portable". Project box portable that is :tinfoil:

Nice work.

EDIT: OK its now mandatory you must come to SELEM :crackup:

Well keep in mind this is Dirrect diode. If you really want to beat me you better finish that protera handheld quick. Because i have a dirrect double 488nm laser "Handheld" in the mix.;) I give you 1 month or i will post it. J/k but really iam working on one. So hurry hurry.:p

Very nice build in a very nice host! :)

+1

Yeah the host i think fits perfect. Thanks.:)

Awesome! :beer:

For sure.:wave:

Am I back.....
Not really / occasionally. I don't have the time these days to participate too much, but Eagle and building are just great stress relievers. Making things that are physical / tangible is a great way to unwind the mind. To that extent, I'll be around on occasion, but just to create really unorthodox builds for my collection, show people the things I make, and occasionally give the forum my silly
weird Eagle schematics and boards.

So, the 505 is just that original (world's first) direct green handheld that I made back in the day. We didn't know it was 505 at the time because I didn't have a spectrometer.

The 495 is a diode. The story is similar to yours. It was a non-reproducible stroke of luck. Nothing I can repeat. It's distinctly turquoise.

Nichia has a lot of nice part numbers, and I really question why nobody can get them to come down on their pricing with a buy of like 100x. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

Well its good to see your face around. Ive tried to get you back a couple times.:p Iam Looking for my diode search buddy again.:)

Wow. you really got lucky on the 505nm. I cant find one that low. Even when chilling them i cant seem to get lower than 510nm. You are the only one i know to have gotten one that low and your driving it at normal current too.
I bought one from Will too but it was just standard 515nm like all the other ones Ive gotten. (Really 518nm) So iam jealous. I want 505nm.

Hmm 495nm. Thats cool. Yes i know what you mean. I have a 491nm calypso and it for sure is a different color to 488nm by a long shot.
Iam guessing here that this 495nm diode was a "488nm" diode just high binned in WL.? Email me if you like to catch up...:)

Yeah it would be nice but i dont think its going to happen. Even if they come down in price who around here ill have enough to drop 500$+ at least per diode for say there 60mW model. I just dont see it.

Give it some time. I bet within 5 years we will all be sick of 488.

Wow... How excellently coherent of you!!
I really like your build and especially your unique wavelength!
Again we've got some master builders on LPF. You most certainly qualify for build of the year!
Like RHD, I too use this forum for stress relief which is much needed over here working in the land of morning calm and heavy traffic.
Really enjoy your pictures too!! Very useful for customizing!! :gj:

...and this has me thinking about doing an exotic build.

Thanks for the kind words.:) Glad you like it.:wave: I wish i could post more. Trust me i wish. I just dont have the time anymore and i dont want anyone to think that iam not working on there stuff. Here and there i can take a break which is ok but once i finish these last 2 builds iam doing for a couple members ill be almost back to normally with posting.:)

Do it. If you have to save up it will be the most rewarding thing.:) I promise.:)

Last edited:

sinner

Way to keep the laser crown on your head, the most awaited "Hey All" of all times that definitely lived up to the expectations. simply the best of laser hobby. Amazing work as always buddy

+1 if It let me.

sinner

Way to keep the laser crown on your head, the most awaited "Hey All" of all times that definitely lived up to the expectations. simply the best of laser hobby. Amazing work as always buddy

+1 if It let me.

There's an argon laser somewhere that wonders how that other argon laser got so small. :beer:

gismo

Enjoyable read, tasteful watch:beer:. Higher blue skies portable wavelength history's just begun and this very community must be well honoured to witness lazereer's master-build magic once again!

:bowdown: & :pop:

Very pretty, would love to have one of those in a C6.

Or better yet, the 200mW equivalent! :D

Keep up the amazing work ! :beer:

jayrob

Super clean build Angelos!

Really like the creativity with your LED on the custom driver and the way it is installed so clean. :cool:

That's building perfection!

Absolutely fantastic build you have there, as always. I love seeing the builds you come up with, simply stellar.

When I saw the Nichia package I had hoped you might have found an "in" or a way to wrench diodes from their icy grip. I seem to remember reading about a 585-600nm diode and drooling over the thought of such, not that I'd ever be able to afford such a diode.

Absolutely fantastic build you have there, as always. I love seeing the builds you come up with, simply stellar.

When I saw the Nichia package I had hoped you might have found an "in" or a way to wrench diodes from their icy grip. I seem to remember reading about a 585-600nm diode and drooling over the thought of such, not that I'd ever be able to afford such a diode.

I wish I worked for some scientfic mega-company so i oculd get access to nichias diodes....Mmm, imagine having one of their 1W 476... :drool:
If you find any more on that 585-600 diode you mentioned, mind PM'ing me the links?