Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm AR glass lenses - fit AixiZ  FEELER

Re: 405nm AR glass lenses - fit AixiZ  FEELER

I'd definitely be in for two of the 405nm lenses with lens nut.  :cool:

Hey, can I actually get another lens for my red too?

So that would be one for red and one for blu-ray (although you said there going to be just broadband coated so...) I'm confused. :-/

--hydro15

hydrogenman15 said:
Hey, can I actually get another lens for my red too?

So that would be one for red and one for blu-ray (although you said there going to be just broadband coated so...) I'm confused. :-/

--hydro15
They are broadband coated. They are going to have maximum efficiency with violet laser diodes, but will still have improved efficiency with red laser diodes.

Is this GB started already??? Maybe I didn't read the 38 pages of this topic but it doesn't seems so!?
Anyway @Igor: please put me on the list for 2 once it starts!

Andreas

andythemechanic said:
Is this GB started already??? Maybe I didn't read the 38 pages of this topic but it doesn't seems so!?
Anyway @Igor: please put me on the list for 2 once it starts!

Andreas

No, it's not started yet. We're all waiting for it to start. Hopefully no one here is under the illusion that this is a current GB..

Also I'd like to get on the list for one multicoated/red lens. This forum is big trouble for my wallet.

IgorT said:
Thanks guys, for all the suggestions and help!

So i really need to know how many of you are using the bad DX modules. I would like to make it work in all modules, but i don't think it's worth compromising stability of the lens in order for it to work in cheap low quality modules..
If it's made to work there, it will be a more complicated lens nut design, possibly more expensive, and less good for those who actually heeded the warning.

What do you guys think?

Craps! I got 12 DX modules coming in mail, I should have been reading LPF!
I'll report DX mod. quality etc here later. I have old ones that are like U mentioned too.

I want 3 lenes please.

How much are they? (tired of searching post)

Thanks Igor for all your doing for us too.
I'd be happy to help you with advance payment.

DGM [smiley=beer.gif]

Igor,
Are you still offering BR and broadband lens?(two kinds)
If so I want 3, BR lenses

THE FOLLOWING IS JUST MY INTERPRETATION AND IS IN NO WAY OFFICIAL. IT IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY BE INCORRECT. IF YOU WANT THE FULL PICTURE, YOU MUST READ THE WHOLE THREAD, OR GET AN ANSWER STRAIGHT FROM IGORT. THIS IS ONLY WHAT I THINK TO BE THE CURRENT STATUS OF THIS GROUPBUY FOR THE PURPOSE OF HELPING OUT THOSE WHO CANNOT/WILL NOT READ THE WHOLE THREAD.

I'm not IgorT, but I think I can answer: There are no longer 2 different lenses. There is one lens that is almost the best one ever for the violet, and it is also great for reds, so that's the one. It's aimed at violet, but works great for red as well.

As for price, it has not been set. This is all still in feeler mode. First, recent updates indicated the drawings and quotes for mounting the lens into the nuts was not done yet. Also, IgorT put a LOT of money into getting it to this point, and so doesn't have any money left to buy lenses for himself when the buy goes through. Since this is likely a one-time thing, no way is IgorT going to run a buy in which he cannot buy any product himself. So, at this point, we wait for that time.

The lenses will be mounted into nuts to fit Aixiz housings by the company who is making the lenses. I have read the whole thread as it progressed, and I don't remember ever reading exactly what the final product now will cost when including mounting in the nut. I think the lenses being discussed before finding the current choice (I think the one that as of now will be ordered was something like number 8 he tested overall, and before finding 7,8,and9, an earlier one was almost chosen) were going to be in the $20+ dollar range, so I personally am anticipating a lens somewhere in the $30 range, but DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. This is only my guesstimate, but it is how much money I am setting aside for when the real buying starts.

treb76

IIRC igort had mentioned something about it possibly being in the $40 range.

PullBang,
THANK YOU! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I am not lazy but I have read the whole thread (I think)here and there and I always like it when someone sumerizes things, because it helps me reconcile the facts.  I think you got it all correct.

1/10 corrected dbl words

Hey, sorry, as this won't amount to much more than a spam post, BUT..
IgorT, please include your losses into the final cost of the group buy.

Zom-B

IgorT is a very busy man, and via chat he let me know he only has time to follow the 6x thread because his money was there (not anymore, if I'm correct)

I have followed this thread closely from the time the batch 3 lenses came in, and from this batch Igor found two perfect lenses, and as of now, he still has to choose which one he's going to pursue.

Here's what I remember:
Lens #2 of batch #3 is a short focal length lens with ideal beam properties for both red and violet
Lens #3 is an ultra short focal length lens, also with ideal beam properties for both red and violet. It lets more power through than #2 and the beam is thinner (more divergence). Besides, as more light is captured in the fast axis, the spot looks more distorted. Most of the power is concentrated in an oval in the middle, and this region is already easily captured by both lenses. The only way to increase the power even more is to capture the wide angle stray light of the fast axis, which is mostly concentrated in a straight vertical plane, which creates a line when projected on a flat surface.

Work is in progress to make nuts for the lens so they can be sold as a complete unit that can be put directly into any Aixiz (not the recent DX replicas!). The lens nut will be longer, because the lens element needs to be closer to the diode, and to keep support for the nice metal focus ring. I have not had any recent update on the status of this part, aside from that he's designing it in conjunction with DarkHorse, who should have finished a CAD model several weeks ago.

Achro

You can put me on the list for at least 2 lenses optimized for 405nm

kendon

hook me up for two lenses, as long as it's in the 15$ range.

^First, still in a feeler mode here. Second, expect it to be twice that much when the real buy starts. This is all just estimating at this point, but the estimations are in the $30-40 apiece. (That's US dollars, but IgorT is also in Europe, so that price may be fluctuating since he may want to be working in euros or something like that when buying from the manufacturer).